Abbotsford (YXX) Airport
Abbotsford YXX Airport Overview
Abbotsford International Airport YXX serves the surrounding communites of British Columbia's breathtaking Fraser Valley in Canada. It has been hard at work to upgrade its infrastructure, which is now mostly completed.
The Airport is located outside of Abbotsford, just 5 minutes off the Trans-Canada Highway 1 (Exit Clearbrook road S), and situated between Mt. Lehman Road 304 St., Huntindon Road 8 Ave., and 320 Street. It is about 35 miles southeast of the city of Vancouver, and right on the US border with Washington State.
With two runways and an estimated 0.4 million passengers a year, Abbotsford International is served by WestJet, Orca, Transat Holidays, CanJet & Island Express, offering direct and connecting flights within Canada and adjacent Washington State, with connections to all points of the globe. Seasonal flights are available to Mexican destinations.
The passenger terminal at Abbotsford International Airport which had been recently renovated, is divided into a domestic and an international area. Airport Ambassadors are eager to help if you need assistance. The Visitor Information Center can be reached at 1-888-332-229 and Lost & Found at 604-835-2956. Other services and amenities include food & drink etablishments, ATM machine dispensing both US & Canadian currency; a gift shop, duty-free shop, coin vending machine for parking meter, internet access and storage service.
The Canada Border Services Agency can be reached at 604-854-5558 and the U.S. Canada Customs at 1-888-226-7277
If you pick up a passenger at the Airport, you can make your drop off at the curb in front of the Terminal, however, do not leave your car unattended.
Parking options at Abbotsford International include the Hourly/Short-term parking lot next to the terminal, with a 2-hour maximum stay. The Daily/Long-Term Parking lot is south-west of the terminal, and an overflow lot is SW of Tradex Building. An automated pay-on-exit system affords ease and convenience for drivers. For more parking information call 604-864-5651.
On-site rental car agencies Avis, Budget & National have counter in the arrivals area of the passenger terminal Off-site rental car agencies Alamo 1-800-844-9041 & Enterprise 1-800-736-8222 are a 10-minute drive from the Airport, however, guests with reservations will be picked up/dropped off.
To get from Abbotsford Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi or limo (604-859-1111) a shuttle (Valley Airporter Shuttle 604-751-6688 or 877-604-6688), or take a bus, train or ferry:
1. Central Fraser Valley Transit serves Abbotsford & Mission (604-854-3232); take a taxi to its nearest bus stop. Greyhound Canada has a depot in Abbotsford (tel. 1-800-661-8747) serving areas in B.C.
2. You can also catch a train, by taking a taxi to the The West Coast Express station, a 25-min. ride. The train (604-488-8906) runs at peak morning & afternoon rush hour between the Abbotsford Metro area (Mission City Station) and Haney, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Coquitlam, Port Moody & Vancouver Waterfront Station.
3. Ferry service is available between BC's lower mainland, Vancouver Island, Sunshine Coast, Gulf Island, Queen Charlottes & Discovery Coast. The drive between the Airpot and the Lower Mainland Ferry terminals, Horseshoe Bay & Tsawwassen takes about 1.5 hours.
Abbotsford YXX Airport Update History
- YXX Airports - Oct 24, 2013
- YXX Food & Stores - Oct 15, 2013
- YXX Airlines Served - Jun 13, 2013