Abbotsford International Airport is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, 2.2 nautical miles (4.1 km; 2.5 mi) southwest of the city centre.
YXX Airport is owned and operated by the City of Abbotsford. The airport offers daily domestic scheduled services and seasonal international scheduled services.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Abbotsford Airport is the second largest airport in the Lower Mainland region of British Columbia.
- The airport is equipped with a CAT 1 instrument landing system, on-site aircraft rescue and firefighting, and a fully serviced air terminal building with customs and passenger screening.
- In 2018, the airport announced it will undergo a $5 million, 14-000 square foot expansion to add new gates and additional passenger seating capacity.
Airport Traveling Tips
- The terminal building at Abbotsford YXX Airport is open daily from 4:30 am to midnight.
- Travelers are recommended to plan ahead and arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure time for domestic flights, and 3 hours for international flights.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, passengers are advised to go through the YXX Airport map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers can be picked up and dropped off outside the terminal at the curbside.
- Also, Accessible pick-up and drop-off locations are available in front of the terminal building
- Drivers shouldn’t stop at the curb for too long and also not leave the vehicles unattended at any time.
- The arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Abbotsford International Airport can be found under the arrival flight status.
- The Departing flight status has the lists of scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- Book a flight at YXX here, to get the best fares.
Abbotsford International Airport has a fully serviced air terminal building with customs and passenger screening.
For more information, please refer to the YXX Airport Terminal Map here.
Many airlines are served by Abbotsford International Airport including Flair Airlines, Swoop, WestJet, and WestJet Encore.
The parking lot at Abbotsford Airport features 24 Hour On-site Guest Services, Overhead Lighting, Covered Walkways, Multiple Pay Station Locations, 24 Hour Video, and more.
$2.00 for first hour
$1.00 for each subsequent hour
$9 per day (24 Hour period)
$54 per week (7 days)
$216 per month (28 days)
A variety of ground transportation options are available at Abbotsford Airport conveniently connecting the Airport to surrounding hotels, tourist attractions, businesses, and residences.
Abbotsford Taxi provides door-to-door taxi service between the YXX Terminal and various points in Southwestern British Columbia. Also, Taxi Services with wheelchair accessibility are available at YXX. Please ensure you give your taxi company advanced notice to ensure availability.
Car rentals with hand controls, as well as assistive and adaptive devices (spinner knobs, transfer boards and swivel seats) are available at Abbotsford Airport. Please ensure you give your rental company 72-hour notice to ensure availability.
Buses & Trains
Central Fraser Valley Transit provides downtown city transit services in Abbotsford and Mission. West Coast Express provides scheduled peak morning and afternoon rush hour train service between the Abbotsford Metro area (Mission City Station) and Haney, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Coquitlam, Port Moody, and Vancouver (Waterfront Station).
Amenities & Services
Abbotsford International Airport provides a lot of amenities and services for visitors including.
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
Address: 30440 Liberator Ave, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6H5, CAN
Phone: (604) 855 1001/fax 1066
Abbotsford Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On January 1, 1997, the ownership of the Abbotsford Airport was transferred from the Department of Transport to the City of Abbotsford.
- Since 2000 many airlines and tour operators have come and gone from Abbotsford.
- In 2010, a new parallel taxiway was added alongside runway 07/25, and the main airport apron was extended.
- From 2017, Abbotsford International Airport began to see a resurgence in air passenger numbers, with the introduction of service to Edmonton and Calgary with WestJet.
- In 2018, Flair Airlines introduced additional flights to Edmonton, and new flights to Winnipeg and Hamilton.