Adelaide (ADL) Airport
Adelaide ADL Airport Overview
ADL Airport is located adjacent to West Beach, and is only 6 km west of Adelaide's city center. Airport grounds borders on motorway A15 (Tapley's Hill Rd.), with direct access at motorway A6 (Sir Donald Bradman Drive).
With two runways and an estimated 7 million passengers a year, Adelaide Airport is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The 9-level on-Airport 'Adelaide Airport Hotel' is on- Airport grounds.
- Terminal 1 opens 4am and closes 11pm; while Customs opens 90 mins prior to departure.
- Baggage Lockers are near the rental car offices on the ground level of the garage (for more information, call Smartecarte at 1800 808 251).
- The check-in area has in the center a link bridge to the carpark.
- Qatar Airways offers daily service since May 3, 2016 to/from Doha - using the A350-900 Airbus.
- Jetstar will start its 3 weekly flights to the Sunshine Coast, beginning Sept. 30, 2016.
The passenger terminal at Adelaide Airport (open 4am-11pm) has three levels. The Airport refers to it as 'Terminal 1'. It is presently being extended in the concourse area with the aim to attract more international traffic. Internet access is available on all levels. Gate T1A is presently serving REX regional airline, which eventually will be relocated.
The Ground level (Level 0) is the Arrivals & baggage claim level with an International Meet & Greet area. It houses the rental car counters, coffee shops, Travelex, Traveler Services, banking (ATM & Currency exhange), Special Events Booth, Mail box, valet parking, and has outside passenger pickup & dropoff zones.
Level 1 of the terminal gives access to the international arrivals concourse /Customs Hall, has duty-free stores and the Singapore Airlines lounge. International Arrivals have a separate baggage claim are, with Meet & greet point & outside passenger pickup at the Plaza.
Level 2* of the terminal is the check/in /Departures level. Past its main entrance are the check-in areas, in the center is a check-in display board, and the departure area houses food & drink, as well as retail concessions, a prayer room, children's play area, powered workstation, ATM, & coin machines, currency exchange, International Departures & 'Outwards Customs'. * Level 2 links the parking garage via an airbride. Outside of level 2 are passenger pickup & drop-off zones.
The Boarding Area houses gates G10 - G26 (east to west), as well as gate G50 (opposite of G25), and gate G51 (opposite of gate G22).
The Singapore Airline Lounge is located on level 1- accessible from the International Arrivals Concourse
The Qantas Club is near gates G21-G22.
The Virgin Australia Lounge is off International Departures, next to the Pharmacy
The Rex Lounge is on level 2, at east end of gateway near gate G10.
Impotant telephone numbers:
Customs 1300 558 287 / or Adelaide office - tel. (08) 8208 8563
Department of Agriculture /Biosecurity - tel. (08) 8201 6201 /62113 after hours
Immigration - tel.. 1300 363 263 or (08) 8208 8547
Current & future Airport developments:
- SmartGate border control's ABC e-gates have been installed at: Melboune, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Cairns & Darwin. (Biometric cameras fitted to the eGates automatically adjust to the passenger’s height and innovative document feeder technology automatically positions the passport precisely on the reader eliminating any delays due to document misplacement or inadequacy of time for reading. During busy periods, each eGate is capable of processing up to 150 passengers an hour.)
- Within the next five years the terminal is to be expanded, and an airport hotel & Airport District Center linked to each other.
- The future 30-year Airport plan is to triple terminal size, acommodate new-general aircraft by adding more airbrides, and construct an Airport Business District.