Adelaide (ADL) Airport
Adelaide ADL Airport Overview
Adelaide Airport ADL serves the territory of South Australia and its capital city Adelaide, located near the East Coast of the Continent, on the Gulf of St. Vincent. It is the fifth-busiest and fastest-growing airports in Australia.
The Airport is located adjacent to West Beach, and is only 6 km west of Adelaide's city center. The Airport grounds borders on motorway A15 (Tapley's Hill Rd.) and with direct access at motorway A6 (Sir Donald Bradman Drive) -take the Sir Richard Williams Av exit, stay left to the Andy Thomas Circuit, where the short-term carpark and the terminal are located on either side..
With two runways and an estimated 8.1 million passengers in 2012, Adelaide Airport is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. A new control tower was completed in early 2012.
The on-Airport 'Adelaide Airport Hotel' with nine levels serves the Airport.
NOTE: Terminal 1 opens 4am and closes 11pm; Customs opens 90 mins prior to departure.
The passenger terminal at Adelaide Airport has three levels. The Airport refers to it as 'Terminal 1. It is presently being extended in the concourse area with the aim to attract more international traffic. Internet access is on all levels. Gate T1A is presently serving REX regional airline, which eventually will be relocated.
The Ground level (Level 0) is the Arrivals & baggage claim level with an International Meet & Greet area. It houses the rental car counters, coffee shops, Travelex, Traveler Services, banking (ATM & Currency exhange) valet parking, and has outside passenger pickup & dropoff zones.
Level 1 of the terminal gives access to international arrivals concourse /Customs Hall, has dury-fre stores and the Singapore Airlines lounge.
Level 2 of the terminal is the Departures level. Past its main entrance are the check-in areas, in the center is a check-in display board, and the departure area houses food & drink, as well as retail concessions, a prayer room, children's play area, powered workstation, ATM, & coin machines, currency exchange, Qantas Club, Virgin Australia Lounge, International Departures & 'Outwards Customs'.
The gate area has gates G12 - G30.
Outside of level 2 are passenger pickup & dropoff zones.
Parking options at Adelaide Airport: A multi-storey carpark for short-term parking, with over 2,000 spaces, has just been completed, while a walkway bridge will soon connect it to the terminal.
Rental car counters for major agencies are located on the ground level near the baggage claim area. Rental cars are in a nearby lot.
To get from the Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus: The new Taxi main pick-up rank is not located to the left of the Plaza.
1. JetBus, operated by Adelaide Metro, stops at various locations in the city and suburbs, with connections to rail and other bus routes. For more information contact adelaidemetro.com.au or call (08) 8210 1000.
2. 'Skylink Adelaide' operates a shutle bus to central Adelaide.
3. A light rail service is proposed to serve in the near future.
Adelaide ADL Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Adelaide ADL Airport Update History
- Updated ADL Airports page - May 2, 2013
- Updated ADL Food & Stores page - May 2, 2013
- Updated ADL Airport Intro page - Mar 26, 2013
- Updated ADL Direct Flights page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated ADL Terminal Map page - Mar 13, 2013
- Updated ADL Parking On site page - Jan 21, 2013