ADL Airport is located adjacent to West Beach, and is only 6 km west of Adelaide's city center. Airport grounds borders on motorway A15 (Tapley's Hill Rd.), with direct access at motorway A6 (Sir Donald Bradman Drive).
With two runways and 8M passengers in 2016, Adelaide Airport is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The 9-level on-Airport 'Adelaide Airport Hotel' is on- Airport grounds.
NOTE: By April 2018 a new 7-level Atura-branded hotel with 165 rooms and housing a restaurant, bar, business center and flexible-function & meeting spaces, will open at the site of the current and defunct vehicle northern ramp of the passenger terminal's check-in level 2.)
NOTE: Terminal 1 opens 4am and closes 11pm; while Customs opens 90 mins prior to departure.
- Baggage Lockers are near the rental car offices on the ground level of the garage (for more information, call Smartecarte at 1800 808 251).
- The check-in area has in the center a link bridge to the carpark.
- SmartGate border control's ABC e-gates have been installed at: Melboune, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Cairns & Darwin. (Biometric cameras fitted to the eGates automatically adjust to the passenger’s height, while innovative document feeder technology automatically positions the passport precisely on the reader eliminating any delays due to document misplacement or inadequacy of time for reading. During busy periods, each eGate is capable of processing up to 150 passengers an hour.)
The passenger terminal at Adelaide Airport (open 4am-11pm) has three levels. The Airport refers to it as 'Terminal 1'. It is presently being extended in the concourse area with the aim to attract more international traffic. Internet access is available on all levels. Gate T1A is presently serving REX regional airline, which eventually will be relocated.
The Ground level (Level 0) is the Arrivals & baggage claim level with an International Meet & Greet area. It houses the rental car counters, coffee shops, Travelex, Traveler Services, banking (ATM & Currency exhange), Special Events Booth, Mail box, valet parking, and has outside passenger pickup & dropoff zones.
Level 1 of the terminal gives access to the international arrivals concourse /Customs Hall, has duty-free stores and the Singapore Airlines lounge. International Arrivals have a separate baggage claim are, with Meet & greet point & outside passenger pickup at the Plaza.
Level 2* of the terminal is the check/in /Departures level. Past its main entrance are the check-in areas, in the center is a check-in display board, and the departure area houses food & drink, as well as retail concessions, a prayer room, children's play area, powered workstation, ATM, & coin machines, currency exchange, International Departures & 'Outwards Customs'.
* Level 2 links the parking garage via an airbride. Outside of level 2 are passenger pickup & drop-off zones.
The Boarding Area houses gates G10 - G26 (east to west), as well as gate G50 (opposite of G25), and gate G51 (opposite of gate G22).
- The Singapore Airline Lounge is located on level 1- accessible from the International Arrivals Concourse
- The Qantas Club is near gates G21-G22.
- The Virgin Australia Lounge is off International Departures, next to the Pharmacy
- The Rex Lounge is on level 2, at east end of gateway near gate G10.
Important telephone numbers:
- Customs 1300 558 287 / or Adelaide office - tel. (08) 8208 8563
- Department of Agriculture /Biosecurity - tel. (08) 8201 6201 /62113 after hours
- mmigration - tel.. 1300 363 263 or (08) 8208 8547
Current & future Airport developments: The future 30-year Airport plan is to triple terminal size, acommodate new-general aircraft by adding more airbrides, and construct an Airport Business District.
In March 2017 it ws announced that the Airprt will acquire Amadeus' cloud-based technology to steamline its entire management - to result in accurate and timely flight & passenger data,automated resource optimization, industry-leading flight & baggage information dispays - making it ready for the future..