Austin Bergstrom AUS Airport Overview
AUS Airport is located 5 miles southeast of the business district of the city of Austin, and can be directly accessed by State Hwy 71 (ABIA exit) and indirectly via Interstate 35 (6 miles from Airport) and State Hwys 183. The State Hwy 71 underpass of Riverside Drive recently opened with both east & west-bound lanes!
AUS Airport has two runways and an estimated 9.8 million passengers annually and is served by a number of airlines offering numerous US nonstop destinations with connections around the world.
- TSA checkpoints open 4am. It is advisable to arrive at the terminal 2 hours prior to a flight scheduled before 8am and no later than 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure after 8am. TSA pre-check is available for eligible passengers.
- TSA Pre-Check applications center for expedited sceening opened Jan. 2016 in the baggage claim area across from carousels 3, 4.
- The new Consolidated Rental Car Facility (CONRAC) is located at the eastern half of Lot A.
- Between May 27 &August 14, 2016, Branson AirExpress /Buzz Airways offers 4 weekly flights to Branson, with discounts available at tel. 888-FLY-BKG1 or open www.flybranson.com and www.BransonAirExpress.com
The on-Airport Hilton Austin Hotel is on Hotel Drive, across from the parking lots.
A new 139-room Hyatt Place Hotel is to be completed by spring 2017.
Austin-Bergstrom Airport has one passenger terminals, called the Barbara Jordan Terminal.
Present and future Airport Developments: The ongoing $240M expansion project involves 70,000 sq.ft of total new space (for hold rooms, concessions, restrooms & concourse circulation space - as well as new concrete apron around east wing of terminal) - tentative completion: Fall 2017.
3600 Presidential Blvd
Austin, TX 78719
- Website for Austin Bergstrom: http://www.austintexas.gov/airport
- Contact: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/about-austin-bergstrom-international-airport-aus#address
- Phone: (512) 530 2242