Lexington Blue Grass LEX Airport Overview
Lexington Bluegrass Airport LEX serves a population of over 1.5 million who reside in over 15 surrounding counties of the state of Kentucky. Lexington airport offers commercial flights to destinations worldwide and also provides a variety of corporate and general aviation services, including U.S. Customs cargo inspection, flight instruction, charter aircraft, airplane maintenance, aircraft storage and more.
The Airport is located on SR 60 (Versailles Road) - take 'Man of War Blvd.' exit south to Airport Road. It is only 4 miles west of the city of Lexington and has one of the most beautiful airport approaches in the country.
With 2 runways and over 1 million passengers in 2012, Blue Grass Airport is served by major airlines, offering direct flights to a host of US Cities, with connections around the world.
The Airport is currently served by Allegiant, American Eagle, Delta, United Express & US Airways.
Mobile Boarding Pass Check-in is now available - you can have your boarding pass e-mailed directly by your airline to your mobile device; then simply scan the barcode on the mobile boarding pass at the TSA checkpoint, and again at the gate when boarding. No printing necessary.
The Blue Grass Airport's passenger terminal consists of 3 levels:
The Ground Level of the passenger terminal has a baggage claim, ticket counters, Information desk (tel. 859-425-3114), gift shop, restaurant, bar, rental car desks, first aid station, hotel/motel reservations; & outside ground transportation. After security checkpoint, an escalator leads to the second level.
The Second Level of the passenger terminal consists of Concourses A, B & C, with gifts shops, restaurant & bar, and Concourse A, to the right, with gates A1 to A4; Concourse C to the left, presently has only one gate C1; and Concourse B straight ahead with gates B1 to B8.
The Third Level of the passenger terminal is occupied by The Club at Blue Grass only.
Current airlines serving LEX Airport: Allegiant, American Eagle, Delta, United & US Airways.
If you need to pick up an arriving passenger, use either the short-term stalls in the garage or surface lot, both offer the first 30 mins free - OR - use the free Cell Phone Lot on Terminal Drive - to your right. Stay with your car until your party has collected bags and calls you to be picked up at the curb.
Parking options at Bluegrass Airport: (details are in the parking section)
Rental car counters are ine baggage claim area on level 1 of the terminal. Pickup and dropoff is next to the terminal.
To get from Bluegrass Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or limo, a hotel shuttle or a bus: Hotel shuttles provide courtesy phones near the baggage claim area.
1. Taxis (all tel.number are preceded by area code 859): Cornett's Airport Shuttle 967-6195; Yellow Cab 231-8294; Triple Crown Limo 252-6764.
2. LexTran Bus runs an express route to the downtown Transit Center on Vine Street; service is available weekdays 6am-6pm. Pickup is at curbside. For more information visit lextran.com.
4000 Terminal Drive
Lexington, KY 40510
- Website for Lexington Blue Grass: http://www.bluegrassairport.com
- Phone: (854) 425 3114
Lexington Blue Grass LEX Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- LEX Baggage Carts / Skycap
- LEX Banking / ATM Services
- LEX Business Services
- LEX Emergency / Medical Services
- LEX Guest Services
- LEX Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Lexington Blue Grass LEX Airport Update History
- Updated LEX Airport Intro page - May 25, 2013
- Updated LEX Airports page - May 25, 2013
- Updated LEX Parking On site page - May 25, 2013
- Updated LEX Food & Stores page - May 5, 2013
- Updated LEX Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013