Lexington Blue Grass Airport LEX
serves a population of over 1.5 million residing in over 15 surrounding counties of the State of Kentucky. It offers commercial flights and a variety of corporate and general aviation services. ACC bestowed on the Airport its 2015 Excellence in Procurement Award.
Blue Grass Airport is only 4 miles west of the city of Lexington and has one of the most beautiful airport approaches in the country. It is located on SR 60 (Versailles Road) - take 'Man of War Blvd.' exit south to Airport Road.
With a 1.3M yearly passenger in 2016, and 2 runways, Blue Grass Airport is served by major airlines, offering direct flights to a host of US Cities, with global connections.
NOTE: By using Mobile Boarding Pass Check-in
- you can have your boarding pass e-mailed directly by your airline to your mobile device; then simply scan the barcode on the mobile boarding pass at the TSA checkpoint, and again at the gate when boarding. No printing necessary.
The Blue Grass Airport's passenger terminal has three levels:
Ground Level 1
houses a baggage claim, ticket counters, Information desk (tel. 859-425-3114), gift shop, restaurants, bar, rental car desks, first aid station, hotel/motel reservations; & outside ground transportation. After security checkpoint, an escalator leads to the second level.
consists of Concourses A, B & C with gifts shops, restaurant & bar:
Concourse A to the right, with gates A1 to A4;
Concourse B straight ahead with gates B1 to B8; and
Concourse C to the left, with gate C1.
is occupied by The Club at Blue Grass.
Note: a Retail Bourbon Store at post-security will open in Spring 2017.
Current airlines serving the terminal:
- Allegiant, tel. 702-505-8888
- American, tel. 800-433-7300
- Delta, tel. 800-221-1212 -
- United, tel. 800-864-8331.
TSA checkpoint hours:
Sun-Fri 4am-8pm; Sat. 4am-7pm.
Present and future Airport developments:
Blue Grass Airport plans for a total of $35M renovation & upgrade project as its passenger numbers are growing.
- About $20M of the total will be spent on a new Rental car maintenance garage and additional parking,
- while remaining $15M are to be spent on replacing the current baggage system and adding hangars for private planes.
Once work is starting, completion is to take 2-3 years.