Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Lexington Blue Grass airport consists of one main terminal with three levels and three concourse areas: Concourse A, Concourse B, and Concourse C.
The main terminal consists of the following three levels:
The ground level houses a baggage claim, ticket counters, security checkpoint, and an information desk. Other services include four emergency exits, an information desk, an elevator/escalator, and restrooms.
The first level lobby area consists of passenger services such as ATMs, a children’s play area, and an information center.
The second level houses the security checkpoints leading up to the three concourse areas: Concourse A (with four gates A1-A4), Concourse B (with eight gates B1-B8), and Concourse C (with gates C1). There is another children’s play area inside Concourse B.
The third level houses two emergency exits, elevators, and stairs.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around LEX airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include BlueGrass MarketPlace, Paddock Gallery, and BlueGrass Xpress on the first level, and LEX News & Gifts, Cork & Barrel, and Dunkin' Donuts on the second level.
The security checkpoints at LEX airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Lexington Blue Grass Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies.
- In case of lost items, please call the airport at 859.425.3100.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time.
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport.
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag.
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules.