Bologna (BLQ) Airport
Bologna BLQ Airport Overview
The Airport is located 6 km northwest of the city center of Bologna (200 km south-east of Milan) and is accessible via the following motorways (a) A1 from Milano, Exit Bologna Borgo Panigale; (b) A13 from Padova, Exit Bologna Arcoveggio; (c) A14 from Ancona, Exit Bologna San Lazzaro (in all three instances, take the by-pass). Bologna Airport is Italy’s third-most important airport..
With two runways and an estimated 5.9 million passengers in 2011, Bologna Airport is served by numerous domestic & international, regular & low-cost airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Bologna Airport now has two passenger terminals - the Main Terminal and the East Terminal.
Parking options at Bologna Airport:
1. Valet services are available 24/7, quick drop off upon prior reservation can be made directly in front of Departures. Cars are parked in P2 Garage in reserved areas. For Valet Parking call +39 051-6479381.
2.. For short-term parking for up to five hours, use one of these three car parks: Express; Express Area 1; or Express P1 – the fee is the same, except that ‘Express’ offers the first 15 mins free.
3. For medium- and long-term parking for more than 5 hours, use either P1 (ground level only, 40 percent uncovered); or P2, a multi-level garage fully covered. P2 can be reserved in advance.
4. You also have the option of parking in parking lots P3 (75 percent uncovered), or at uncovered economy lot P4 (700 meters from Airport entrance), or at the uncovered P5 summer parking lot.
For more information contact: Car Park Information Office: +39 051-6479628; for economy lot P4: +39 051-400394;
To get to from Bologna Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi (there are plenty of taxis waiting in front of the terminal), a bus, or a bus to the train station, from where you can connect to domestic and European cities:
(a) by Bus:
1. Aerobus - BLQ shuttle bus (tel. +39 051 290 290) runs between the terminal & the railway station, taking about 20 minutes.
2. The bus to Modina runs daily, 9 times a day, offering direct connection (tel. 800 111 101); buses leave every two hours and the trip takes about 50 mins.
3. The bus to Siena (tel. 057 720 8282) takes 2 hrs 30 mins.
4. The shuttle to Florence is now available via the Appenine shuttle, making 10 daily departures in the summer season.
(b) by Train:
Bologna central railway station (one of Italy’s most important ones) is located 6 km from the Airport. The Aerobus service or a taxi will get you there.
Present and Future Airport Developments: Renovation and extension (an additional 5,000 square meters) of the terminal to accommodate 7 million passengers has started in November 2011. Added food & drink and retail concessions in both pre- and post-security areas Five piers (concourses) with air bridges and a new automated baggage handling system are part of the project - tentative completion is scheduled for Fall 2013.
Via Triumvirato 84
Bologna, Emilia-Romagna region, I-40132
- Website for Bologna: http://www.bologna-airport.it/uk/?LN=UK
- Contact: http://www.bologna-airport.it/uk/airport/contacts/?IDFolder=1005&LN=UK
- Phone: +39 051 647 9680