Budapest Liszt (BUD) Airport
Budapest Liszt BUD Airport Overview
Budapest Liszt International Airport BUD (formerly known as 'Ferihegy Airport') has been renamed in honor of its native son and famed pianist & composer Ferenz Liszt. It is Hungary's primary Airport, located 16 km southeast of the City Center of Budapest, Hungary, and is accessible via Ulloi Road and by rail (the train station is in Terminal 1).
With two long runways and an estimated 8.5 million passengers in 2012, Budapest Airport is served by a growing number of airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe..
NOTE: 1. Due to increased security mandates, it is presently advisable to arrive at your terminal between two and three hours prior to scheduled flight departure.
Budapest Liszt Airport now has one integrated Terminal 2, divided into T2A, the Skycourt in the center, and T2B).
Parking options at Budapest Liszt International: (Details are in the parking section.)
Major rental car agencies have counters at the Arrivals Level of T-2 and on the Ground Level of T1.
To get from Budapest Liszt Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a bus, or a train:
1. Fotaxi is the official airport taxi company serving all terminals.Taxi fares are set by 4 Zones; the Airport is within Zone 1.
2. The 'Airport Minibusz' is a door-to-door shared ride shuttle that runs 24/7.
3. Public buses (a) Bus 200E departs from either terminal and takes you to the Kobanya-Kispest metro terminal - ideal for people with luggage - and runs early mornings and after midnight. From there you can connect to Deak Ferenc ter by M3 blue. (b) Bus 93 leaves from Terminal 1 to the same station and takes 20 mins to arrive at Deak Ferenc Square. (c) For further public bus information go to the Tourinform offices located in each terminal.
3. The Hungarian State Railways is offering frequent train connections between Terminal 1 and the Western (Nyugati) Railway Station in Budapest, a 25-minute trip. The two train platforms are connected to Terminal 1 by a pedestan bridge. Those arriving at Terminal 2A or 2B can use the transfer bus 200E to Terminal 1.
4. Bus 93 runs from Terminal 1 to Kobanya-Kispest Metro Station. The blue Metro gets to Deak Ferenc Square in the City within 20 minutes.
- Website for Budapest Liszt: http://www.bud.hu/english/
- Contact: http://www.bud.hu/english/about_us/contact_us/?article_hid=272
- Phone: +36 361 296 7000
- View Terminal Map
Budapest Liszt BUD Airport Update History
- BUD Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- BUD Airport Intro - Jun 12, 2013
- BUD Main Terminals - Jun 12, 2013