Burlington BTV Airport Overview
Burlington International Airport BTV is Vermont's largest airport, serving northern New England and offering commercial, as well as private and charter flights. It is a most convenient and welcoming airport, affording travelers to walk to the parking garage.
The Airport is located 3 miles east of the city of Burlington, which is situated on the shores of Lake Champlain, home to the University of Vermont. It is accessible by Interstate 89, taking the Williston Road exit.
With an estimated 1.2 million passengers a year, Burlington International is served by many major and minor airlines offering non-stops to cities within the country and Canada, with worldwide connections. Business and leisure travelers appreciate Burlington Airport's friendly service, excellent on-schedule record, and direct flight routes.
The passenger terminal at Burlington International Airport has two levels:
On level 1 (Main Level) houses (a) the Arrivals areas with baggage claim, rental car counters, information desk; (b) the Departure area with check-in and ticketing counters, an ATM machine, a food & drink establishment, and access to gates 11-15.
On level 2, which has two skywalks to the parking garage, you will find a restaurant, video arcade, vending machine, conference room and restaurant conference room, and access to gates 1 - 8.
Airlines serving this terminal are currently Delta (to DTW & LGA), JetBlue (to JFK), Porter (seasonal to YTZ,, United (to IAD, CLE & EWR), and US Airways (to PHL & DCA).
Other amenities and services include free internet access throughout the terminal. Snack bars ae on level 2 and in the concourses. A full-sevice restaurant is on level 2. Hudson News carries gift items, snacks, and more -located in both the North & the South Concourse. For Courtesy paging or the Information Booth call 802-863-1889.
If you need to pick up a passenger at the Airport, use the free Cell Phone Lot ony a quarter mile north of the Airport (when exiting main terminal drive lane, turn right onto Airport Drive, go through first intersection, on to the fence at right - or follow signs to terminal road and Airport Drive.. Stay with your car until your party calls you to be picked up at the terminal's curb.
Other parking options at Burlington International include both short- and long-term parking in the parking garage directly in front of the passenger terminal, as well as at its Park & Shuttle lot near the airport exit. The main entrance to the parking garage is to your left, past the terminal building. An illuminated entrance display sign quotes the number of spaces available on each garage level.
Handicapped parking is free aofr up to 24 hours; thereafter regular rates apply.
For more parking information call 802-865-7571. For Park & Shuttle information call 802-863-2423.
Rental car desks for major agencies are located near the baggage claim area; rental car pickup is only a short walk away (by means of a covered skywalk.)
To get from Burlington Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus: (Some hotels offer to their guests their own courtesy shuttles from/to the Airports.)
1. The Chittenden Bounty bus offers a route between the University Mall and the Airport. It connects the Airport with Burlington, South Burlington and the University of Vermont. For details visit: cctaride.org.
2. The Greyhound bus (tel. 800-231-2222) makes its route from/to Montreal to Burlington Airport and on to Boston.
Burlington BTV Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Burlington BTV Airport Update History
- Updated BTV Airports page - May 2, 2013
- Updated BTV Food & Stores page - May 2, 2013
- Updated BTV Airport Intro page - Apr 1, 2013
- Updated BTV Direct Flights page - Jan 21, 2013
- Updated BTV Lost Found page - Dec 31, 2012
- Updated BTV Parking On site page - Dec 29, 2012