Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport Overview
CLT Airport is a few miles from the financial district of the city of Charlotte, situated near the border of the North & South Carolinas, accessible from Interstate Hwy. 485, connecting to I-85 and I-77.
With four long runways and some 41 million passengers annually, Charlotte Douglas International Airport is currently US Airways' largest hub (operating out of Concourses C, D & E), and is served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights througout North America, the Caribbean islands, Europe & South America.
NOTE: 1. For passenger pickup or dropoff, use curbside, including all lanes on ticketing & baggage claim levels & curbside check-in - car must be attended to.
2. Piority lanes for preferred or elite status airline passengers, are available at Checkpoints B & D.
3. The toll-free Airport number is 1-800-FLY-CDA
Charlotte Douglas Airport has a large main passenger terminal, with Concourses A through E.
Present & Future Airport Developments: Note that by year-end 2014, WiFi service will be extended to one gigabyte
2. August 2014 - start of remote rental car facility for car storage & vehicle maintenance, to open Feb. 2015
3. By Fall 2014 the new Airport entrance road opens & will impove connections between Wilkinson Blvd. & Josh Birmingham Pkwy to the terminal.
4. Aug. 2015: Ongoing construction on a new in-line baggage system is to be completed.
5. Sept. 2014 - Concourse A Annex project: adding 4 more gates at its north side.
6. Oct. 2014 - Terminal Ramp Expansion (West)
7. Nov. 2014 - Jan.2015: Completion of phase 2 construction on the new 7-level Hourly Parking Deck, as well as the new rental car facilities located on its first three levels.
8. Late 2014: the new Intermodal Facility is being built on-Airport grounds to facilitate freight operations by air, rail & truck.
9. Year-end 2014 the new Business Valet Deck II is to be completed by December 2014. 4. Mar 2015: Concurse E's 6 more gates.
10 . July 2016: Concourse B's 10 more gates.
11. 2016 completion: Terminal eastside expansion requires a 2-level addition. Design completed early 2013 and construction should take 22 months.
12. 2016 completion: Cubside Roadway Expansion: Construction of hourly parking deck will enable to widen roadway in front of terminal. Starting in Fall 2014 construction of additional lanes will amount to a total of 16 lanes.
13. Thereafter, construction of a new International Terminal and a transport system will connect terminals, garages & rental car center (and later to the light rail).