Getting thru security
How much time do I need to allow to be on time to cat [more]Elmer Hernandez 11 hr ago
Walk time between flights
My flight from Cleveland, Ohio to Lexington ky. on Au [more]Donna Samuels 21 hr ago
worried about time!
I have a flight from Fort Lauderdale to Charlotte air [more]AR Yesterday
Terminal to terminal transport cart?
I am traveling with two senior relatives. We have a l [more]AV 07/21/2017
CLT Airport is a few miles from the financial district of the city of Charlotte, situated near the border of the North & South Carolinas, accessible from Interstate Hwy. 485, connecting to I-85 and I-77. NOTE: After completion of the Josh Birmingham Pkwy realignment project, the new roadway now connects Little Rock Rd. exit off I-85 to North Josh Birmingham Pkwy, with direct access to terminal, parking lots & decks from I-85 & Wilkinson Blvd.
- From Josh Birmingham Pkwy you are now directed onto the new Airport entrance road's inbound lanes, which merge onto Little Rock Road & directly to the terminal.
NOTICE: Ongoing work on the new 2-level, 8-lane road, in front of the terminal (replacing the current 3-lane roads): 5 lanes are for passenger cars and 3 for commercial vehicles. New bridges & tunnels will connect the terminal to the hourly parking decks. Passenger traffic will shift from current to new lanes in one single move. While the commercial lanes have now been completed, passenger car lanes should be completed by late Summer 2017.
With four long runways and 44.4 million passengers in 2016, Charlotte Douglas International Airport is served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights througout North America, the Caribbean islands, Europe & South America.
- For passenger pickup /dropoff, use curbside, including all lanes on ticketing & baggage claim levels & curbside check-in - your car must be attended to.
- Priority lanes for preferred- or elite- status airline passengers are available at Checkpoints B & D.
- The toll-free Airport number is 1-800-FLY-CDA
- The new Consolidated Rental Car Facility occupies levels 1 - 3 of the new 7-level Hourly Parking Deck across from the terminal.
- The terminal now has a new inline baggage system and its considerable East- and West-side expansion projects have been completed.
Current Airlines, their Concourses and telephone numbers:
- Air Canada at Concourse A; tel. 1-888-247-2262
- American: American Eagle & American Connection at Concourses B through E; tel. 1-800-428-4322
- Delta: Delta Connection at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-221-1212
- Frontier at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-432-1359
- JetBlue at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-538-2583
- Lufthansa at Concourse D; tel. 1-800-645-3880
- Southwest at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-435-9792
- United: United Express at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-241-6522
- ViaAir at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-565-5042
Charlotte Douglas Airport has a large main passenger terminal, with Concourses A through E. (For terminal details, open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for parking information open the 'Parking Map'; for transportation information open 'Transportation: Buses/ Trains.)
Present & Future Airport Developments: Under the FAA's phase 2 'Metroplex' initiative - the use of airspace will become more efficient by a flight path exchange at altitudes beyond 3,000 feet. Furthermore, a changeover to a new satellite system is to replace the outdated ground technology.
- The space of former cell phone lots 1 & 2 (off Rental Car Lot) will be used for the two new projects: an elevated roadway & Concourse A expansion.
A new round for a $2.5B 10-year project 'Destination CLT' is to address roadway changes, terminal improvements and airfield work:
- Its First Phase project will start with the new 2-level, 8-lane road, in front of the terminal (replacing the current 3-lane roads) - see NOTICE: above.
- The new Satellite Terminal north of Concourse A started its phase 1 of a 2-phase expansion project and include 9 gates - with phase 2 costruction of 16 more gates to follow thereafter - to be completed by mid-2019.
- Ongoing work on the New Control Tower (off Yorkmont Road) - to be twice as tall as the current one which it will replace - is co continue up to 2019.
- Starting 2019, construction begins on the Terminal lobby expansion towards the hourly parking deck with added space for security, ticketing & baggage claim. The enlarged lobby will have windows & a mezzanine level. Completion is scheduled for 2022.