Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport Overview
CLT Airport is a few miles from the financial district of the city of Charlotte, situated near the border of the North & South Carolinas, accessible from Interstate Hwy. 485, connecting to I-85 and I-77.
With four long runways and some 41 million passengers annually, Charlotte Douglas International Airport is currently US Airways' largest hub (operating out of Concourses C, D & E), and is served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights througout North America, the Caribbean islands, Europe & South America.
NOTE: 1. CLT now offers TSA Pre-check for select frequent flyers of American, Delta, United & US Airways - those eligible should use the TSA pre-check lane at Checkpoint B for expedited screening.
2. For passenger pickup or dropoff, use curbside, but car must be attended - including all lanes on ticketing & baggage claim levels, and applying to curbside check-in.
4. Piority lanes for preferred or elite status airline passengers, are available at Checkpoints B & D.
Charlotte Douglas Airport has a large main passenger terminal, with Concourses A through E.
Present & Future Airport Developments:
1. By year-end 2014, WiFi service will be extended to one gigabyte.
2. While the new Airport entrance road, to be opened in Fall 2014, will impove connections between Wilkinson Blvd. & Josh Birmingham Pkwy to the terminal, a total of 52 LED light poles will have been installed along it by Spring 2014.
1. Hourly parking decks were demolished and construction of a new 7-level Hourly parking deck is ongoing -the first phase of which opened June 2013 - while the second phase will be completed November 2014.
3. Thereafter, construction of a new International Terminal and a transport system will connect terminals, garages & rental car center, and later to the light rail.