Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport Overview
CLT Airport is a few miles from the financial district of the city of Charlotte, situated near the border of the North & South Carolinas, accessible from Interstate Hwy. 485, connecting to I-85 and I-77. NOTE: After completion of the Josh Birmingham Pkwy realignment project, the new roadway now connects Little Rock Rd. exit off I-85 to North Josh Birmingham Pkwy, with direct access to terminal, parking lots & decks from I-85 & Wilkinson Blvd.
rom Josh Birmingham Pkwy you are now directed onto the new Airport entrance road's inbound lanes, which merge onto Little Rock Road & directly to the terminal.
With four long runways and some 41 million passengers annually, Charlotte Douglas International Airport is currently US Airways' largest hub (operating out of Concourses C, D & E), and is served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights througout North America, the Caribbean islands, Europe & South America.
1. For passenger pickup /dropoff, use curbside, including all lanes on ticketing & baggage claim levels & curbside check-in - your car must be attended to.
2. Priority lanes for preferred or elite status airline passengers are available at Checkpoints B & D.
3. The toll-free Airport number is 1-800-FLY-CDA
4. In Spring 2015, CLT opened its new Consolidated Rental Car Facility - the last of an 8-year $1.5B development project which included a second Business Valet Deck, new inline baggage system & Terminal Westside Expansion.
Charlotte Douglas Airport has a large main passenger terminal, with Concourses A through E.
Present & Future Airport Developments:
1. Runway 18L/36R repair work started - to be completed June 30, 2015. During this time it is closed at night only.
2. Under the new 'Destination CLT' project (planning & design are underway), the first phase of CLT's new master plan update - a 2.5B capital investment - will include 4 major projects to enhance capacity based on growth forecast through 203,. and include: expansion of terminal curb front roadway & lobby, renovation of current concourses, and increasing gates from 95 to 124; and a fourth parallel runway. Work will be done as need & circumstances dictate.