Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport Overview
Charlotte Douglas International Airport CLT, one of the country's top ten airports, serves the City of Charlotte and its surrounding counties, and is North Carolina's primary airport - often regarded as an alternative to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport. , has recently made the list as one of the top ten airports in the U.S. It is, in terms of aircraft movements, one of the word's busiest airports.
CLT Airport is a few miles from the financial district of the city of Charlotte, situated near the border of the North & South Carolinas, accessible from Interstate Hwy. 485, connecting to I-85 and I-77.
With four long runways and some 41 million passengers served, Charlotte Douglas International Airport is currently US Airways' largest hub (operating out of Concourses C, D & E), and is served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights througout North America, the Caribbean islands, Europe & South America.
NOTE: 1. CLT now offers TSA Pre-check for select frequent flyers of American, Delta, United & US Airways - those eligible should use the TSA pre-check lane at Checkpoint B for expedited screening.
2. For passenger pickup or dropoff, use curbside, but car must be attended - including all lanes on ticketing & baggage claim levels, and applying to curbside check-in.
4. Piority lanes for preferred or elite status airline passengers, are available at Checkpoints B & D.
Charlotte Douglas Airport has a large main passenger terminal, with Concourses A through E.
Present & Future Airport Developments: 1. A new Airport Entrance road is to be completed by mid-November 2013 (see NOTE above).
1. Hourly parking decks are closed now for the ongoing construction of a new 7-level Hourly parking deck (the first phase of which opened June 2013); the existing hourly decks are being demolished; and Phase 2 of the new parking deck will be completed the end of 2014.
3. Construction of a new International Terminal and a transport system will connect thereafter terminals, garages & rental car center, and later to the light rail.
Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport Update History
- CLT Airport Intro - Oct 9, 2013
- CLT Airports - Oct 9, 2013
- CLT Rental Cars - Oct 3, 2013
- CLT Airlines Served - Oct 2, 2013
- CLT Official Website Links - Oct 2, 2013
- CLT Buses & Trains - Sep 26, 2013
- CLT Lost Found - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Main Terminals - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Parking On site - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Persons With Disabilities - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Pets - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Smoking - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Internet - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Guest Services - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Banking ATM - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Business Services - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Carts Skycap - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Chapel - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Currency Exchange - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Emergency - Aug 22, 2013
- CLT Taxis & Limos - Jul 30, 2013
- CLT Food & Stores - Jul 15, 2013
- CLT Gate Offset - Jul 4, 2013
- CLT Terminal Map - Jul 3, 2013