Have a 6 hour layover on July 29 and looking for some [more]don 23 hr ago
Will have 30 mins to connect American airline flights [more]Tina Yesterday
connect from rome
I'm arriving from Rome on United at 4:15 and connecti [more]geeman 07/21/2017
Connection Terminal 2 to Terminal 1
Hello, I will land at terminal 2 from Buffalo at 9.59 [more]Lara 07/21/2017
ORD Airport is about 17 miles northwest of the Chicago Loop, in the northwestern-most corner Chicago's city limits, and is located near the Tristate Tollway (I-294) and I-I90. Motorists enter & exit via I-190, branching off I-90 (Kennedy Expwy.) leading to downtown Chicago. The new Access to O'Hare via Balmoral Avenue is now open - extending west over Mannheim Road and directly connecting with Bessie Coleman Drive near the International Terminal 5. If traveling westbound on Balmoral Av. from I-294, this 4-lane extension is a new airport entry point. Also, Balmoral Av. extension is now the main connector to east & south Mannheim Rd. for the heading eastound from the airport.
With eight runways and 78 million passengers in 2016, Chicago O’Hare International Airport is an important hub for United and American Airlines, and is served by a multitude of domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- As of April 23, 2017, Frontier Airlines serves San Antonio, TX (Tue, Thur & Sun.
- As of May 5, 2017 American Airlines is serving daily seasonal service from from O'Hare to Barcelona (BCN), Spain as of May 5, 2017.
- As of May 19, 2017, Volaris is serving Queretaro Intercontinental Airport QRO, Mexico with two weekly flights.
- As of May 23, 2017, Spirit Airlines is serving Cancun, Mexico.
- As of June 1, 2017, Copa Airlines will serve Tocumen Airport in Panama with an additional daily flight.
- As of June 4, 2017, Southwest adds flights to San Juan, P.R., and to Cincinnati.
- As of July 27, 2017, low-cost WOW Air starts service to Iclenad's Keflavik Airport KEF.
The on-Airport Hilton Hotel (tel. 1-855 827-1005) also offers the use of showers at their health club for a small fee.
Requests for proposals were issued in Nov. 2016 for a hotel operator to build new hotel next to Terminal 5 and to renovate the current hotel.
O'Hare International Airport has four passenger terminals - domestic T1, T2, T3 & international T5. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the deailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
NOTE: Transfer Passengers from T3 to T5: Cobus shuttle buses now run between Terminals 3 and 5, T5 being American Airlines' international departure teminal.
Now Available at ORD:
- U.S. CPB Global Entry - allows pre-approved, low-risk travelers arriving at the U.S. expedited clearance.
- '1-Stop' Customs clearance for international passengers arriving without checked luggage;
- APC - Automated Passport Control kiosks to move quickly through customs via self-service kiosk technology.
- Alternatively, arriving passengers at U.S. Airports may use Airside Mobile's #Mobile Passport App for bypassing the waiting line at Customs /CBP by simply completing your profile, answering questions & head straight to the 'Mobile Passport Control express lane'. The App is available at both the App Store and at Google play.
- United opened its redesigned TSA Pre-check security checkpoint and 3 new screening lanes at T1 - while American opened new automated security screening lanes at T2. (It is planned to also install those lanes at Newark, Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Los Angeles, Miami & JFK (NY) airports.
- An indoor pet relief area is at Terminal 3's Rotunda (close to Concourse G).
- O'Hare Pulican Tavern was recently voted as having the 'Best Airport Restuarant/Bar amosphere.
- On May 12, 2017
Current & Future Airport Developments: Completed: the New Intermodal Facility included moving rental car agencies out of various locations, and extending /creating a new ATS (Alternative Transportation Station) - thereby enhancing connectivity between rental cars, parking facilities, roadways, CTA & Metra.
A. The $1.3B infrastructure plan is to be completed between 2018 & 2020:
- American Airlines will add 5 gates at T3, to be completed by 2018 - resulting in fewer delays and shorter taxi times.
- Road work up to 2018 includes existing Elgin O'Hare Expressway rehab & widenening; new interchange configuration at Elgin O'Hare/I-290 and Elgin O'Hare/Illinois Route 53; new access at I-90/ Elmhurst Road; Extension of existing Elgin-O'Hare Expressway to O'Hare Airport; and Western access into O'Hare Airport via York Road.
- A new Runway 9C/27C (east-to-west, 11,245ft long /200ft wide) with de-icing pads and new perimeter taxiways A & B- is scheduled to open in 2020.
B. Tentative Airport Expansion Plans were submitted in July 2016 (the planning process is scheduled for completion some time in 2017): Initial details of a multi-billion dollar capital investment program (CIP) are to include the already ongoing expansion of T5 and redevelopment of T2 - the first stage of which involves the expansion of T5 by about a fourth of its current size; and adding nine new gates. T2 is to be redeveloped into a new central facility within the current complex, with new concessions, Customs and an upgraded departure hall with added space for TSA screening. Also, plans are to construct a new concourse to the west of the terminal to accommodate increased passenger numbers.