Cologne Bonn (CGN) Airport
Cologne Bonn CGN Airport Overview
Cologne / Bonn International Airport CGN is one of Germany's major airports, open 24/7, and serves both cities of Cologne and Bonn in Germany's state of Rhineland-Westphalia.
The Airport is ideally located between the cities of Cologne & Bonn, within the Wahner Heide nature reserve, 15 km southeast of the city center of Cologne, and 16 km northeast of the city of Bonn. It is directly linked to motorway A59, exit Kennedy Street. The railway station, accessible from both Terminals leads to trains serving area cities at different directions.
With three long runways and an estimated 9.3 million passengers in 2012 , the Airport is hub to Lufthansa and is served by a host of domestic and international, regular and low-fare airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe, and by seasonal charters to popular vacation destinations.
The on-Airport hotel 'Holiday Inn Cologne Bonn Airport' (tel. +49(0)22 03 - 56 1236/ fax 1646 has conference facilities.
The passenger terminal complex at Cologne / Bonn Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 with Concourses B & C, and T2 with Concourse D.
Parking options at Cologne / Bonn Airport: (Details are in the parking section.)
Rental car counters for major agencies are located in the arrivals area of Terminal 2 / D.
To get from Cologne / Bonn Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a bus or a train:
1. The taxi stand is in front of the passenger terminals. Estimated distances & travel time is: to central Cologne – 17 km, 15 mins; to central Bonn – 22 km, 18 mins.
2. Buses: ( a) To Cologne - Line 161 stops at T1, A lower level, T2 / D, and runs to Porzmarkt, where you can pick up line 7 into the city center. (b) Shuttle buses to Cologne take about 20 minutes, to Bonn about 35 minutes. A bus to Dusseldorf central station takes about 60 minutes and leaves from Terminal 2 (tel. (018) 0350 4030.
3. Trains: The Airport railway station is located between Terminals 1 & 2, connecting the Airport (a) by S-Bahn (subway) with Cologne's Hauptbahnhof (central station) and to the cities of Horrem, Monchengladbach, Bonn, Toirsdorf & Koblenz; and (b) to Bonn’s main railway station via Line SB 69 (Express).
Cologne Bonn CGN Airport Update History
- CGN Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- CGN Airlines Served - Jul 14, 2013
- CGN Official Website Links - Jul 3, 2013
- CGN Airport Intro - Jun 11, 2013
- CGN Main Terminals - Jun 11, 2013