Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport Overview
DFW Airport is nearly 20 miles from downtown Dallas, and 24 miles from downtown Fort Worth, accessible from five different highways (183, 360, 114, 121 & 635): The International Parkway runs through the center of Terminal & Parking facilities - between North & South Airfield Drives - with separate streets running in opposite directions:
1. From SR360 & 183, the first parking facility is the Remote South lot, close to (crossroad) South Airfield Drive, followed by Terminal /Garages E, C & A.
2. From SR 121, Road 114 & I-635, passing North Airfield Drive, there is the Remote North parking lot, followed by Express North parking lot, Terminals/ Garages B & D, and Express South Lot.
All of the lanes in the new plazas are now TollTag friendly, saving time & money. The plazas will take ticketless credit card payments (sliding your card at entry & exit).
Summer 2014: Construction on State Hwys 114 & 121 north of DFW Airport - involving the 8-mile DFW Connector, and traffic pattern changes at SH 114 and SH 26 - seem to have been completed.
With 7 runways and an estimated 58.5 million passengers annually, Dallas-Fort Worth International is hub to American Airlines and is served by a hosts of major domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
On-Airport hotels & Minute Suites:
1. the Grand Hyatt DFW is inside the International Terminal D (972-973-1234);
2. the Hyatt Regency DFW adjacent to Terminal C (972-453-1234);
3. Minute Suites: The first of two Minute Suites centers opened in Terminal D, near gate D23 with 9 sleep suites & 2 shower facilities. A second Minute Suite center is scheduled to open in Terminal A in 2014.
Dallas-Fort Worth International has five passenger terminals - International TD and Domestic TA through TE, each with its own parking garage.
Future Airport Developments: NOTE: the 5-mile extension between DFW & the Belt Line Station has now been completed, offering a direct & economic Airport to City ride - the DFW Airport Station is within minutes of Terminal A. For details look at the transportation page.
The $1.9B Terminal Renewal Project involves restoration work of all domestic terminals - to be done in phases over a 7-year period.
1. Terminal A: A second 'Minute Suite' center is to open in 2014. Also, ongoing work on Terminal A and on a portion of the new garage are scheduled for completion in 2014 .
2. The Terminal E satellite project will reactivate 7 gates,and add new concessions. During TE's phase 1 work, certain curbside transport means will be moved to other areas of the roadway - signs will indicate changes. Phases 2-4 of TE will include renewal of main areas and are scheduled between 2013-2016.
3. All remaining projects should be completed late 2017, when DFW Airport is to have new rail & highway access, modern terminals & passenger-requested amenities & services.