Time to go through customs and get to another terminal
Hi arriving terminal d at 1pm and my connecting fligh [more]Liz 11/20/2017
Arriving into Dallas with AA from London Heathrow and [more]TJ 11/19/2017
Arr from Miami at 558pm leaving to San Antonio at 645 [more]Rosie 11/16/2017
International & domestic flights - is 1hr 25 minutes layover enough?
Arriving DFW at 1pm from Sydney on Qantas. Flying Ame [more]hn 11/15/2017
DFW Airport is nearly 20 miles from downtown Dallas, and 24 miles from downtown Fort Worth. Drivers should enter the Airport from State Highway (SH) 183 on the south - or State Highway 114 or Interstate Hwy 635 on the north - to International Parkway running north to south. All terminals, parking areas and on-site hotels are accessible from this road. (The 8-mile DFW Connector between SH 114 & SH 121 north, as well as traffic pattern changes at SH 114 & SH 26 have recently been completed.)
With 7 runways and 65.7 million passengers in 2016, Dallas-Fort Worth International is hub to American Airlines and is served by a host of major domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Currently international destinations include Australia, Canada, China, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Qatar and South Korea,.
- Icelandair started year-round service to/from Keflavik Internatinal Airport KEF (at Iceland's Reykjavik City).
- By May 2018, WOW air service three times a week will also start serving KEF.
- As of Oct. 2017, Rental Car Return & Remote South Access have changed: For Rental Car Returns, use North Airport Entry via Southbound Service Road. For remote South Parking Access, use North Airport Entry to Remote South Parking via Southbound Service Road.
- For passenger paging at Terminals A & C use tel. (972) 973 3112 / for Terminals B, D & E use tel. (972) 973 3112.
- For Travelers Aid visit: www.travelersaiddfw.org
- Eligible Arriving U.S. and Canadian passengers may now use the new MPC kiosks to quickly clear through Customs: Upon arrival at the U.S., you create a profile with your passport information by completing the 'New Trip' section, submit it your CBP Declaration form through the app to receive an electronic receipt with an Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code, then present your passport and smartphone or tablet with your digital bar-coded receipt to a CBP officer.
- The DFW Administration and other related offices are now at their global headquarter building, located at the Southgate Plaza's global headquarter building (adjacent to International Pkwy & near the Rental Car Center - at 2400 Aviation Drive, DFW Airport, TX 75261). The 'Southgate Plaza' near the Airport entrance includes the Hyatt Place Hotel, US Postal Service & other retail, office & restaurant spaces.
- The new 5-level Terminal E Parking garage with 3,5000 spaces and a parking guidance system, uses overhead lights and electronic signs, guiding passengers to open spaces on each level.
On-Airport hotels & Minute Suites:
- the Grand Hyatt DFW is inside the International Terminal D (972-973-1234);
- the Hyatt Regency DFW adjacent to Terminal C (972-453-1234);
- the Hyatt Place DFW with 130 rooms is located at the DFW's Southgate Plaza development.
- Minute Suites: Minute Suites centers are located in Terminal D and offer shower facilities.
Dallas-Fort Worth International has five passenger terminals - International terminal TD and Domestic terminals TA through TE - each with its own parking garage. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
Current & future Airport developments: The $1.9B Terminal Renewal Project involves restoration work of all domestic terminals - to be done in phases over a 7-year period - however, Terminals A & D work have already been completed.
- WhileTerminal B's second phase renovations were completed late 2016 - the next 2 phases are to be completed up to 2018.
- While Terminal E's Satellite Project completed the first three phases of its renovation, Phase 4 involves the renovation of Gates E2 - E10, and the addition of more concessions - to be completed by late 2017.
- Furthermore, by late 2017, DFW Airport is to have new rail & highway access, modern terminals & amenities & services requested by its passengers.
- In the future, major airfield improvements, building projects & landside upgrades are to be carried out.