Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport Overview
DFW Airport is nearly 20 miles from downtown Dallas, and 24 miles from downtown Fort Worth. Drivers should enter the Airport from State Highway (SH) 183 on the south - or State Highway 114 or Interstate Hwy 635 on the north - to International Parkway running north to south. All terminals, parking areas and on-site hotels are accessible from this road. (The 8-mile DFW Connector between SH 114 & SH 121 north, as well as traffic pattern changes at SH 114 & SH 26 have recently been completed.)
With 7 runways and an average of over 62 million passengers annually, Dallas-Fort Worth International is hub to American Airlines and is served by a hosts of major domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Air Canada Express starts Feb.6, 2017 with flights out of Vancouver's (Canada) Terminal E, using its 7-seat CRJ-705 aircraft (with WiFi, Business & Economy cabins).
- Japan Airlines JAL offers service on the Dreamliner with 4 weekly round-trips to Tokyo Narita Airport. (JAL and American Airlines have a joint-venture partnership, and are able to coordinate U.S.-Japan schedules. Both airlines are also members of the Oneworld frequent flyer alliance.
- For passenger paging at Terminals A & C use tel. (972) 973 3112 / for Terminals B, D & E use tel. (972) 973 3112.
- For Travelers Aid visit: www.travelersaiddfw.org
- Eligible Arriving U.S. and Canadian passengers may now use the new MPC kiosks to quickly clear through Customs: Upon arrival at the U.S., you create a profile with your passport information by completing the 'New Trip' section, submit it your CBP Declaration form through the app to receive an electronic receipt with an Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code, then present your passport and smartphone or tablet with your digital bar-coded receipt to a CBP officer.
- The DFW Administration and other related offices are now at their global headquarter building, located at the Southgate Plaza's global headquarter building (adjacent to International Pkwy & near the Rental Car Center - at 2400 Aviation Drive, DFW Airport, TX 75261). The 'Southgate Plaza' near the Airport entrance includes the Hyatt Place Hotel, US Postal Service & other retail, office & restaurant spaces.
On-Airport hotels & Minute Suites:
- the Grand Hyatt DFW is inside the International Terminal D (972-973-1234);
- the Hyatt Regency DFW adjacent to Terminal C (972-453-1234);
- the Hyatt Place DFW with 130 rooms is located at the DFW's Southgate Plaza development.
- Minute Suites: Minute Suites centers are located in Terminal D and offer shower facilities.
Dallas-Fort Worth International has five passenger terminals - International TD and Domestic TA through TE, each with its own parking garage. (New TA Garage is now completed).
Current & future Airport developments: The $1.9B Terminal Renewal Project involves restoration work of all domestic terminals - to be done in phases over a 7-year period. (Terminal A renovations were completed early 2016).
- The Terminal D Duty-free Project: 'TRG Duty Free' and 'Texas retailer' together were selected to design & operate the new duty-free stores (with luxury & premium retail brands) at 6 locations, with a total of 20,000 sq.ft. - including a 2-level 13,000 sq.ft. primary store between gates D22 & D23, upgrading TD's central area with an executive lounge, specialty stores & kiosks. Completion is scheduled for year-end 2016.
- Ongoing Terminal B renovations are in their second phase to be completed late 2016, with the next 2 phases to be completed up to year-end 2017.
- The Terminal E Satellite Project completed the first three phases of its renovation. Phase 4 involves the renovation of Gates E2 - E10, and the addition of more concessions - to be completed by late 2017.
- Furthermore, It is expected that by late 2017, DFW Airport is to have new rail & highway access, modern terminals & amenities & services requested by its passengers.
- Major airfield improvements, building projects & landside upgrades are projects for the future.