Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport Overview
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport DFW serves the greater metropolitan areas of Dallas & Fort Forth in Texas. It is only one of 14 worldwide airports to receive ACI's Global Honor for Long-Term Excellence in Customer Service". It covers an area of nearly 30 square miles and has just recently received its highest passenger satisfaction scores, finishing as number 3 in the world among the large airports, and number 1 among 13 large US airport hubs.
DFW Airport is nearly 20 miles from downtown Dallas, and 24 miles from downtown Fort Worth, accessible from five different highways (183, 360, 114, 121 & 635).
With 7 runways and an estimated 58 million passengers annually, Dallas-Fort Worth International is hub to American Airlines and is served by a hosts of major domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
TRAFFIC CHANGES :
1. As of Fall 2013, all of the lanes in the new plazas are TollTag friendly, saving time & money. The plazas will take ticketless credit card payments (sliding your card at entry & exit).
2. Until completion by 2014, State Hwys 114 & 121 north of DFW Airport will have construction activities on the eight-mile DFW Connector; traffic pattern changes will also involve SH 114 and SH 26. For up-to-date traffic changes, open the DFW Connector Lane Closures page with detailed map at: dfwconnector.com/laneclosures.php.
On-Airport hotels & Minute Suites:
1.the Grand Hyatt DFW located inside the International Terminal D (972-973-1234)
2. the Hyatt Regency DFW adjacent to Terminal C (972-453-1234).
3. Minute Suites: The first of two Minute Suites centers has opened in Terminal D, near gate D23 with 9 sleep suites & 2 shower facilities. A second Minute Suite center is scheduled to open in Terminal A in 2014.
The passenger terminal complex at Dallas-Fort Worth International consists of five terminals - International Terminal D and Domestic Terminals A, B, C, E. North & south lanes of the International Parkway are in the complex center, while TA, TC, TE are to the right of the north lane, and TB & TD are to the right of the south lane; each terminal surrounds the parking area and offers a short distance from curb to plane.
Future Airport Developments: The $1.9B Terminal Renewal Project involves restoration work to be done in phases over a 7-year period of Terminals A, B, C & E.
1. Terminal A: A second 'Minute Suite' center is to open in 2014. Also, ongoing work Terminal A and on a portion of the new garage are also scheduled for completion in 2014 .
2. The Terminal E satellite project will reactivate 7 gates, and add new concessions. During TE's phase 1 work, certain curbside transport means will be moved to other areas of the roadway - signs will indicate changes. Phases 2-4 of TE will include renewal of main areas and are scheduled between 2013-2016.
3. All remaining projects should be completed late 2017, when DFW Airport is to have new rail & highway access, modern terminals & passenger-requested amenities & services.
Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport Update History
- DFW Airports - Oct 13, 2013
- DFW Airport Intro - Oct 8, 2013
- DFW Main Terminals - Oct 8, 2013
- DFW Terminal Map - Oct 7, 2013
- DFW Buses & Trains - Sep 26, 2013
- DFW Rental Cars - Sep 25, 2013
- DFW Mail Center - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Official Website Links - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Parking On site - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Persons With Disabilities - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Pets - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Lost Found - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Internet - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Int Arrivals - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Banking ATM - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Business Services - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Chapel - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Currency Exchange - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Emergency - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Guest Services - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Travelers Assistance - Aug 20, 2013
- DFW Food & Stores - Jul 30, 2013
- DFW Taxis & Limos - Jul 30, 2013
- DFW Gate Offset - Jun 20, 2013