Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport Overview
DFW Airport is nearly 20 miles from downtown Dallas, and 24 miles from downtown Fort Worth, accessible from five different highways (183, 360, 114, 121 & 635).
With 7 runways and an estimated 58 million passengers annually, Dallas-Fort Worth International is hub to American Airlines and is served by a hosts of major domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
TRAFFIC CHANGES :
1. All of the lanes in the new plazas are now TollTag friendly, saving time & money. The plazas will take ticketless credit card payments (sliding your card at entry & exit).
2. Until completion by summer 2014, State Hwys 114 & 121 north of DFW Airport will have construction activities on the eight-mile DFW Connector; traffic pattern changes will also involve SH 114 and SH 26. For up-to-date traffic changes, open the DFW Connector Lane Closures page with detailed map at: dfwconnector.com/laneclosures.php.
On-Airport hotels & Minute Suites:
1.the Grand Hyatt DFW located inside the International Terminal D (972-973-1234)
2. the Hyatt Regency DFW adjacent to Terminal C (972-453-1234).
3. Minute Suites: The first of two Minute Suites centers has opened in Terminal D, near gate D23 with 9 sleep suites & 2 shower facilities. A second Minute Suite center is scheduled to open in Terminal A in 2014.
Dallas-Fort Worth International has five passenger terminals - International TD and Domestic TA through TE.
Future Airport Developments: The $1.9B Terminal Renewal Project involves restoration work of all docmestic terminals - to be done in phases over a 7-year period.
1. Terminal A: A second 'Minute Suite' center is to open in 2014. Also, ongoing work on Terminal A and on a portion of the new garage are scheduled for completion in 2014 .
2. The Terminal E satellite project will reactivate 7 gates,and add new concessions. During TE's phase 1 work, certain curbside transport means will be moved to other areas of the roadway - signs will indicate changes. Phases 2-4 of TE will include renewal of main areas and are scheduled between 2013-2016.
3. All remaining projects should be completed late 2017, when DFW Airport is to have new rail & highway access, modern terminals & passenger-requested amenities & services.