Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport Overview
DFW Airport is nearly 20 miles from downtown Dallas, and 24 miles from downtown Fort Worth.
Driving to DFW: Enter the Airport from State Highway 183 on the south, or State Highway 114 or Interstate Hwy 635 on the north to the Airport's main road - International Parkway -running north to south. All terminals, parking areas and on-site hotels are accessible from this road. (The 8-mile DFW Connector between State Hwys 114 & 121 north, as well as traffic pattern changes at SH 114 & SH 26 have now been completed.)
With 7 runways and an estimated 58.5 million passengers annually, Dallas-Fort Worth International is hub to American Airlines and is served by a hosts of major domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Fiscal year 2014 already recorded 62.9M passengers!
On-Airport hotels & Minute Suites:
1. the Grand Hyatt DFW is inside the International Terminal D (972-973-1234);
2. the Hyatt Regency DFW adjacent to Terminal C (972-453-1234);
3. Minute Suites: The first of two Minute Suites centers opened in Terminal D, near gate D23 with 9 sleep suites & 2 shower facilities. A second Minute Suite center is scheduled to open in Terminal A in 2014.
Dallas-Fort Worth International has five passenger terminals - International TD and Domestic TA through TE, each with its own parking garage.
Future Airport Developments: The $1.9B Terminal Renewal Project involves restoration work of all domestic terminals - to be done in phases over a 7-year period. For future airport developments open: DFWAirport.com/redefine.
1. Terminal A: A second 'Minute Suite' center is to open soon. Also, ongoing work on Terminal A and on a portion of its new garage are scheduled for completion year-end 2014 .
2. The Terminal E satellite project will reactivate 7 gates,and add new concessions. During TE's phase 1 work, certain curbside transport means will be moved to other areas of the roadway - signs will indicate changes. Phases 2-4 of TE will include renewal of main areas and are scheduled for completion by 2016.
3. All remaining projects should be completed late 2017, when DFW Airport is to have new rail & highway access, modern terminals & passenger-requested amenities & services.