Darwin International (DRW) Airport
Darwin International DRW Airport Overview
Darwin International Airport DRW is the busiest airport in the Northern Territory, and is Australia's low-fare gateway to Asia (Bali, Singapore & Vietnam). The Airport is also in close proximity of Charles Darwin National Park and Darwin Harbor. Darwin is the perfect base to explore the wonders of Northern Australia--with Kakadu National Park, Litchfield and Nitmiluk National Parks and Arnhem Land - all reachable within a three-hour drive.
The City of Darwin offers a wide range of accommodations for every taste and budget. The 'Tourism Top End' information counter on the ground floor of the terminal can find you a hotel or advise you as to day tours to Litchfield or Kakadu.
The Airport is located in Marrara, 13 km from the city center of the capital city of Darwin, accessible via McMillans Road (airport exit) and Stuart Hwy (via Bagot Road exit north, to MacMillans Rd. east).
With 2 runways and an estimated 2.3 million passengers in 2011, Darwin International Airport is served by a number of regular and low-cost airlines, including Qantas, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. AirAsia resumes its flights to Bali as of July 2013.
Darwin Airport has one large two-story passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Darwin International: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
Rental car counters for major rental car agencies are located in the Arrivals Hall near the baggage carousels.
To get from Darwin International Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a shuttle bus or a bus:
1. Metered taxis are available from the taxi rank in front of the terminal.
2. The Darwin Airport Shuttle bus - tel. 61 8 8981 5066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (scheduled for all incoming flights) stops in front of the passenger terminal and takes 15 minutes to the City, excluding pick-up and drop-off time. It also serves door-to-door city accommodations.
3. Mini-bus service is available from People Movers NT (tel. +61 8 8983 0505 or visit peoplemoversnt.com.au).
4. A public bus departs from the Casuarina Interchange serving the northern suburbs of Darwin.
5. Coach Charters Australia (tel. 61 8 8988 1447 or visit coachchartersaustralia.com.au - service from Darwin to Humpy Doo to Alice Springs.
6.Buslink (tel. 61 8 8947 0577 or buslink.com.au) serves the Northern Territory of Australia, with depots in Darwin -Berrimah, Humpty Doo and Alice Springs.
Present and future Airport developments: As the Airport's first major project since opening 1991, the passenger terminal will be extended with the aim to double in size - to be completed by mid-2014.
Darwin International DRW Airport Update History
- DRW Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- DRW Airlines Served - Jun 23, 2013