Des Moines DSM Airport Overview
DSM Airport is only six miles south of downtown Des Moines -at the crossroads of Interstate Hwys I-80 (ease-west), and I-35 (north-south) and near Hwy 235. .
With 2 million passengers annually, Des Moines Airport is served by U.S. airlines, offering direct domestic flights with connections to all points of the globe.
NOTICE: Allow for extra time (two hours are recommended) to arrive at the Airport - particularly during morning rush hours.
Des Moines International Airport has one passenger terminal. As it had recently added new flights, resulting in a passenger increase for the first half of 2014 of 5.7 percent, it received Authority approval for a new terminal.
Present and future Airport Developments:
1. Under the so-called 'Airport Campus Roof Projects' work is to start on roof improvents in 2015.
2. Also, a $1M State grant is used to make upgrades to the runway.
3. A new terminal to replace the aging current one. The new terminal site will be at the south end of the Airport. Depending on passenger growth, construction could start 2022. Currently it is planned that the terminal is to have 14 gates, with space for additional ones as needed.
5800 Fleur Dr
Des Moines, IA 50321
- Website for Des Moines: http://www.dsmairport.com
- Contact: http://www.dsmairport.com/about-the-airport/contact-us-email.aspx
- Phone: (515) 256 5050