Dubai International (DXB) Airport
Dubai International DXB Airport Overview
Dubai International Airport DXB is the premier Airport at Dubai (the new Al Mactum Airport DWC, at nearby Jebel Ali, is its relief Airport) serves the United Arab Emirate city of Dubai and has recently received prestigious awards for 'Best Airport in the Middle East', for 'Middle East's Leading Airport', and for 'Best Customer Service'. It is the world's fastest-growing airport and is recognized as the aviation hub of the Middle East, with a present capacity of 75 million passengers (and a futrue capacity of 90 million), offering thousands of weekly flights to hundreds of destinations across the globe.
DXB Airport is located in the Al Garhoud district, 4 km southeast of Dubai, and close to the Straight of Hormuz, and is accessible from Airport Road, which runs directly southeast from central Dubai on the east side of Al-Khor. Coming south from Dubai, cross AlKhor at Al-Garhoud Bridge, & drive north, make a right at Airport Road intersection. Terminal 2 is north of T1, reached from Al Towar Road & Rashidiya. Furthermore, the Airport can be reached by the Dubai Metro with stations in Terminals 1 & 3 (Red Line) and in Terminal 2 (Green Line).
With two long runways and 60M annual passengers, Dubai International Airport is hub to Emirates Airlines, which accounts for more than half of passenger traffic, and is served by a host of international, regular & low-cost, airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The on-Airport Dubai International Hotel, a five-star hotel (tel. 04 224 4000) is located (a) on the Arrivals level of the Sheikh Rashid Concourse of Terminal 1, occupying 2 floors above, and (b) on Levels 5 & 6 of Terminal 3, above Dubai Duty-Free. Hotel services include the 'Connect' business center, 'G-Force' health club & spa, foreign exchanges, dining & entertainment facilities, and internet access.
'SnoozeCubes' (presently 10 units in Terminal 1, at gate 122) are units containing a full-sized bed, touch-screen TV, & high-speed WiFi, and are connected to the flight information system.
Dubai International Airport now has four passenger terminals T1, T2 & T3 & new Central Terminal.
Rental Car desks at Dubai Airport for 16 rental car agencies are located in the Arrivals area of Terminal 1.
Present and future Airport developments:
1. Terminal 1 is undergoing major renovation & extension projects, involving new baggage screening, expanding departures & arrivals halls, adding more amenities, changing arrivals forecourt and arrivals immigration hall (by 2014) and
2. adding a Concourse D & linking it to the new elevated train system - upon completion of which over 100 airline will move in after official opening in 2015.
Department of Civil Aviation, Dubai Airport
United Arab Emirates
- Website for Dubai International: http://www.dubaiairport.com/en/Pages/home.aspx
- Contact: http://www.dubaiairport.com/en/Pages/feedback.aspx
- Phone: 971 4 224 5555
- View Terminal Map
Dubai International DXB Airport Update History
- DXB Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- DXB Airport Intro - Oct 22, 2013
- DXB Main Terminals - Oct 22, 2013
- DXB Timezone - Oct 14, 2013
- DXB Buses & Trains - Oct 14, 2013
- DXB Email - Oct 14, 2013
- DXB Parking On site - Oct 14, 2013
- DXB GMT Offset - Oct 14, 2013
- DXB Terminal Map - Aug 14, 2013
- DXB Gate Offset - Aug 14, 2013
- DXB Food & Stores - Aug 14, 2013
- DXB Airlines Served - Jun 24, 2013