Dubai International (DXB) Airport
Dubai International DXB Airport Overview
DXB is presently the world's fastest-growing airport and is recognized as the aviation hub of the Middle East, with a present capacity of 75 million passengers (and a future capacity of 90 million), offering thousands of weekly flights to hundreds of destinations across the globe.
DXB Airport is located in the Al Garhoud district, 4 km southeast of Dubai, and close to the Straight of Hormuz, and is accessible from Airport Road, which runs directly southeast from central Dubai on the east side of Al-Khor. Coming south from Dubai, cross AlKhor at Al-Garhoud Bridge, & drive north, make a right at Airport Road intersection. Terminal 2 is north of T1, reached from Al Towar Road & Rashidiya. Furthermore, the Airport can be reached by the Dubai Metro with stations in Terminals 1 & 3 (Red Line) and in Terminal 2 (Green Line). NOTE: The Airport Road expansion started in May 2016 , to be completed in 2020.
With two long runways and an estimated 77M passengers annually and growing (first half of 2016 40.5M), Dubai International Airport is hub to Emirates Airlines, which accounts for more than half of passenger traffic, and is served by a host of international, regular & low-cost, airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Spice Jet now serves Amritsar & Kozhikode cities in India.
On-Airport Hotel & Cube accommodations:
- Dubai International Hotel, a five-star hotel (tel. 04 224 4000) - intended for transfer passengers -is in both Terminals 1 & 3: (a) on the Arrivals level of the Sheikh Rashid Concourse of Terminal 1, occupying 2 floors above, and (b) on Levels 5 & 6 of Terminal 3, above Dubai Duty-Free. (From Terminal 1, access the hotel in Concourse C; from Terminal 3, access the hotel in Concourses A & B; if arriving at Terminal 2, go to the Transfer Desk and use the free inter-terminal shuttle. Hotel services include the 'Connect' business center, 'G-Force' health club & spa, foreign exchanges, dining & entertainment facilities, and internet access.
- Sound-proof 'Snooze-Cubes' (presently 10 units in Terminal 1, at gate 22) are units containing a full-sized bed, touch-screen TV, & high-speed WiFi, and are connected to the flight information system.
- Off-Airport hotels reached within 2-3 minutes: (a) Both the Holiday Inn Express & the Premier Inn Dubai Airport are located opposite of Terminal 3, served by free shuttle bus every half hour. (b) the Time Grand Plaza (budget) Hotel is 3 minutes from the Airport with no available shuttle service.
For Immigration information call 8005111 or e-mail email@example.com
Dubai International Airport has three passenger terminals T1, T2 & T3.
Present and future Airport developments:
- The new Terminal Expansion Project includes check-in, security screening, baggage & immigration Hall, and forecourt upgrade for easier access to parking & dropoff areas. The passenger terminal will have 24 boarding gates, 7 baggage carousels, & 104 check-in desks - all to be completed by March 2017 - followed by thorough testing & trial before official opening. (Dubai Airport's announcement only refers to 'Passenger terminal' - not clear if T2 or T3.)
- Concourse C: (a) its Code F A380 contract stands will be increased from 3 to 13 scheduled for completion by year-end 2018; (b) upgrade to Concourse 's interior include redesign & enhancement of gate holdrooms and expansion of dedicated lounge space.
- Under the new program 'DXB Plus', the Airport plans to increase yearly capacity to 118M by 2023 'without building additional infrastructure' by implementation of passenger-centric processes and the use of smart technology.
Department of Civil Aviation, Dubai Airport
United Arab Emirates
- Website for Dubai International: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/corporate/about-us/dubai-international-%28dxb%29
- Contact: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/contact
- Phone: 971 4 224 5555