Dubai International (DXB) Airport
Dubai International DXB Airport Overview
DXB Airport is located in the Al Garhoud district, 4 km southeast of Dubai, and close to the Straight of Hormuz, and is accessible from Airport Road, which runs directly southeast from central Dubai on the east side of Al-Khor. Coming south from Dubai, cross AlKhor at Al-Garhoud Bridge, & drive north, make a right at Airport Road intersection. Terminal 2 is north of T1, reached from Al Towar Road & Rashidiya. Furthermore, the Airport can be reached by the Dubai Metro with stations in Terminals 1 & 3 (Red Line) and in Terminal 2 (Green Line).
With two long runways and an estimated 64M passengers annually, Dubai International Airport is hub to Emirates Airlines, which accounts for more than half of passenger traffic, and is served by a host of international, regular & low-cost, airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The on-Airport Hotel & Cube accommodations:
1. Dubai International Hotel, a five-star hotel (tel. 04 224 4000) is located (a) on the Arrivals level of the Sheikh Rashid Concourse of Terminal 1, occupying 2 floors above, and (b) on Levels 5 & 6 of Terminal 3, above Dubai Duty-Free. Hotel services include the 'Connect' business center, 'G-Force' health club & spa, foreign exchanges, dining & entertainment facilities, and internet access.
2. So-called 'Snooze-Cubes' (presently 10 units in Terminal 1, at gate 122) are units containing a full-sized bed, touch-screen TV, & high-speed WiFi, and are connected to the flight information system.
Dubai International Airport three passenger terminals T1, T2 & T3.
Present and future Airport developments: 1. While the two runways were alternately upgraded up to July 20, 2014, a number of airlines switched temporarily over to Al Maktoum Airport. During this time, buses shuttled their passengers between the two Airports of Dubai International & Al Maktoum.
2. Terminal 1 is undergoing major renovation & extension projects, involving new baggage screening, expanding departures & arrivals halls, adding more amenities, changing arrivals forecourt and arrivals immigration hall (by 2014) and
A new Concourse D with a link to the new elevated train system is under construction. Upon its completion & official opening in 2015, over 100 airline will move in.
Department of Civil Aviation, Dubai Airport
United Arab Emirates
- Website for Dubai International: http://www.dubaiairport.com/en/Pages/home.aspx
- Contact: http://www.dubaiairport.com/en/Pages/feedback.aspx
- Phone: 971 4 224 5555