Dubai International (DXB) Airport
Dubai International DXB Airport Overview
DXB is presently the world's fastest-growing airport and is recognized as the aviation hub of the Middle East, with a present capacity of 75 million passengers (and a future capacity of 90 million), offering thousands of weekly flights to hundreds of destinations across the globe.
DXB Airport is located in the Al Garhoud district, 4 km southeast of Dubai, and close to the Straight of Hormuz, and is accessible from Airport Road, which runs directly southeast from central Dubai on the east side of Al-Khor. Coming south from Dubai, cross AlKhor at Al-Garhoud Bridge, & drive north, make a right at Airport Road intersection. Terminal 2 is north of T1, reached from Al Towar Road & Rashidiya. Furthermore, the Airport can be reached by the Dubai Metro with stations in Terminals 1 & 3 (Red Line) and in Terminal 2 (Green Line).
With two long runways and an estimated 67M passengers annually, Dubai International Airport is hub to Emirates Airlines, which accounts for more than half of passenger traffic, and is served by a host of international, regular & low-cost, airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The on-Airport Hotel & Cube accommodations:
1. Dubai International Hotel, a five-star hotel (tel. 04 224 4000) is located (a) on the Arrivals level of the Sheikh Rashid Concourse of Terminal 1, occupying 2 floors above, and (b) on Levels 5 & 6 of Terminal 3, above Dubai Duty-Free. Hotel services include the 'Connect' business center, 'G-Force' health club & spa, foreign exchanges, dining & entertainment facilities, and internet access.
2. So-called 'Snooze-Cubes' (presently 10 units in Terminal 1, at gate 122) are units containing a full-sized bed, touch-screen TV, & high-speed WiFi, and are connected to the flight information system.
For Immigration information call 8005111 or e-mail email@example.com
Dubai International Airport three passenger terminals T1, T2 & T3.
Present and future Airport developments: 1. New Concourse D - to be connected to Terminal 1 by elevated rail system (a mere 2-minute transfer) is to be completed during second half of 2015, when it will accommodate around 100 airlines. Also, Terminal 1's ongoing major refurbishment work is scheduled to coincide with Concourse D's completion, and all of Concourse C's airline move to Concourse D.
2. Terminal* Expansion to accommodate 26M passengers by 2017 is to start soon. Areas of expansion include check-in, security sreening, and the baggage & immigration Hall. Also, the forecourt's upgrade will afford easier access to parking & dropoff areas. Upon completion, the passenger terminal will have 24 boarding gates, 7 baggage carousels, & 104 check-in desks - all to be completed by March 2017 - followed by through testing & trial before official opening.
*NOTE: Dubai Airport's announcement only refers to 'Passenger terminal' - not clear yet which terminal .
Department of Civil Aviation, Dubai Airport
United Arab Emirates
- Website for Dubai International: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/corporate/about-us/dubai-international-%28dxb%29
- Contact: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/contact
- Phone: 971 4 224 5555