Edinburgh (EDI) Airport
Edinburgh EDI Airport Overview
Edinburgh International Airport EDI - now owned by Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) - is one of the United Kingdom’s fastest-growing airports serving Scotland, U.K. It has been been voted by ACI 'Best European Airport' in the 5-10 Million passenger range. It may be noted that in early 2012 Edinburgh Airport came in second among 47 European Airports, for the most positive feedback from passenger. At the same time it has also been voted by Skyscanner as UK's top airport for families. It is also considered to be one of the most efficient international airppots in the World.
The Airport is located at Turnhouse, 9 km west of the city center of Scotland's capital city of Edinburgh, accessible from motorways M8 and M9. The Edinburgh tram system is soon linking the Airport with a number of city locations, including the Haymarket & Waverley rail stations.
With one runway and an estimated 9.2 million passengers in 2012, Edinburgh International Airport is served by domestic & international, as well as low-cost airlines; it is also a transatlantic gateway, offering flights to New York, Orlando, Los Angeles and Toronto.
The on-Airport Hilton Edinburgh Airport Hotel (tel. +44 131 519 4400 /fax 4466), close to motorways M8 & M9, is a 5-minute walk from the Airport or two minutes by shuttle service and has a large indoor swimming pool.
The passenger terminal at Edinburgh Airport.
Parking options at Edinburgh International Airport: (Details are in the parking section.)
Rental cars at Edinburgh Airport: Rental cars agencies are located in the new rental car building, just outside of the passenger terminal. Follow signs from domestic arrivals.
Self-service cars: Access to self-service cars charged on an hourly basis,is available 24/7. The cars (Toyota Prius Hybrid T3) are located in the short-term carpark outside the passenger terminal. City Car Club membership is needed.
To get from Edinburgh Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi, a bus or a train (Edinburgh's main rail stations in the city center are Waverley & Haymarket): Note that combined train & bus tickets are available from any of Scotland's rail stations.
1. The Airlink 100 express bus stops at Waverley & Haymarket stations and takes 25-30 minutes.
2. The night bus N22 runs between Waverley station and the Airport.
3. The AirDirect 757 bus connects the airport with Inverkeithin rail station at Fife.
4. Trains to Glasgow, Aberdeen Inverness & Scotland's stations -via First ScotRail;
5. Trains to Manchester Airport via West Coast Main Line - via First TransPennine Express;
6. Trains to London Kings Cross - via East Coast Main Line;
7. Trains to Birmingham, Leeds & other UK destinations - via CrossCountry;
8. Trains to Birmingham New Street via West Coast Main Line - Virgin Trains.
9. The new Tram service to Edinburg Park, Haymarket & Waverley rail stations, Muarrayfield Stadium, Princes Street & Ocean Terminal are to open very soon.
Edinburgh, Scotland, EH12 9DN
- Website for Edinburgh: http://www.edinburghairport.com/
- Contact: http://www.edinburghairport.com/portal/page/Edinburgh%5EGeneral%5EMisc%5EContact+us/
- Phone: +44 844 481 8989
- View Terminal Map
Edinburgh EDI Airport Update History
- EDI Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- EDI Official Website Links - Aug 7, 2013
- EDI Airlines Served - Jun 18, 2013
- EDI Airport Intro - Jun 11, 2013
- EDI Main Terminals - Jun 11, 2013