Fort Lauderdale Hollywood (FLL) Airport
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport Overview
FLL Airport is located close to both cities of Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, on Florida's East coast, and is within easy access to major highways I-95, I-75, I-595, U.S. 1 and Florida's Turnpike, taking you to destinations in South and Central Florida.
1. Traffic pattern has shifted due to the South Runway Expansion Project (to be completed by Sept.2014) - electronic and static signs are in place to direct drivers. For more information call 954-359--6116 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. South entrance to the Airport at intersection of Griffin / Perimeter Roads will be closed until late 2014 - take access to west side of airport through Ravenswood Rd & Lee Wagener Blvd.
3. A new ramp from the Airport now leads directly to Port Everglades.
4. Tune into Airport Radio Station 1670 AM 2 miles prior to airport entrance for update information on parking availability.
With 2 long runways and nearly 24 million passengers annually, the Airport is serviced by most major U.S. and international airlines providing nonstop service to countless destinations in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central and South America, with connections worldwide.
NOTE: 1. To make your flight on time, arrive at the Airport two hours prior to scheduled domestic, and three hours for scheduled international flights.
2. During cruise season: Nearby Port Everglades is the second-largest cruise ship port in the world, and locals warn that security and baggage lines at the airport can be especially long on Fridays and Saturdays when cruise ship passengers are arriving and departing.
Fort Lauderdale International Airport has five terminals - T1, T2, T3 & T4, & the Commuter Terminal, arranged along Terminal Drive.
Present and Future Airport Developments: The following projects are to be completed throughout 2014:
March 2014: Terminals 2, 3, and 4 Pedestrian Bridge Soffit Replacement / Rehabilitation (Demolition)
April 2014: Terminal 4 Post Security Improvements
November 2014: Terminal 3 Checkpoint Modification Phase II; and Maintenance Facility RLI
May 2014: Hurricane Protection for Terminals 1,2,3 & Rental Car Center
Ongoing until 2017: (a) North & South runway expansions; (b) Renovation work on Terminals 1(including Concouse A); and Terminals 3 & 4.
FLL AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
FLL Delays: 15 mins or less.