FLL AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
FLL Delays: 15 mins or less.
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport Overview
Fort Lauderdale International Airport FLL, only 10 minutes from the beach or the golf greens on southeastern Florida’s Gold Coast, is gateway to 'fun in the sun' for vacationers from far & near, and the first stop on their way to boarding one of the many cruise ships at Port Everglades.
The Airport is located close to both cities of Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, on Florida's East coast, and is within easy access to major highways I-95, I-75, I-595, U.S. 1 and Florida's Turnpike, taking you to destinations in South and Central Florida and all that it offers. NOTE, however, that traffic pattern has shifted due to the South Runway Expansion Project - electronic and static signs are in place to direct drivers. For more information call 954-359--6116 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arriving / Departing FLL by car until summer 2013 - all northbound lanes on US 1 turning into Port Everglades are being redirected north on US 1, then left on SE 30th Street to SE 6th Av., then south to the Eler Drive extension. The exit lane out of the Airport to Everglades will be directed North on US 1, then left onn S 30th St. to SE 6th Av., then South to the Eller Drive extension. The detour will impact traffic east & west-bound on I-595 into, or from Port Everglades.
With 2 long runways and nearly 23.5 million passengers in 2012, the Airport is serviced by most major U.S. and international airlines providing nonstop service to countless destinations in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central and South America, with connections worldwide.
JetBlue offers fights to Colombia, and to Costa Rica.
NOTE: 1. To make your flight on time, you should arrive at the Airport two hours prior to scheduled domestic, and three hours for scheduled international flights. Nearby Port Everglades is the second-largest cruise ship port in the world, and locals warn that security and baggage lines at the airport can be especially long on Fridays and Saturdays when cruise ship passengers are arriving and departing.
2. South entrance to the Airport at intersection of Griffin / Perimeter Roads will be closed until late 2014 - take access to west side of airport through Ravenswood Rd & Lee Wagener Blvd.
The passenger terminal complex at Fort Lauderdale International Airport consists of 5 terminals - T1, T2, T3 & T4 and a small Commuter Terminal, arranged along Terminal Drive.
Other parking options at Fort Lauderdale International Airport are just minutes from most terminals, or are accessible by free shuttle service. (Details are in the parking section.)
The Rental Car Center next to Terminal 1 offers free shuttle buses to the other terminals and houses twelve rental car agencies with over 5,400 rental cars under one roof.
To get from the Airport to your destination, you can renta car, take a taxi, a shared-ride van, or a bus. The Transportation Podium outside the baggage area on the lower level curbside offers a comparison list of fares for GO Airport Shuttle at 954-561-8888 or toll free 800-244-8252.
1. The BCT bus connects to the Tri-Rail commuter system linking Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties. Bus stops are at the west end of T-1; between T-2 & T-3; and between T-3 & T-4. BCT and Tri-Rail operate daily schedules.
2. The Tri-Rail commuter system also connects (five stops after Fort Lauderdale Airport station) at the Metrorail Transfer Station to the Miami Airport Station.
4. To Port Everglades: by taxi (Yellow Cab 954-777-7777) or shared ride or coach - both managed by GO Airport Shuttle, tel. 1-800-244-8252 or 954-561-8888.
For more information call the BCT Rider Info Line at 954.357.8400 or 954.357.8320 (TTY) or the Tri-Rail Information line at 800.TRI.RAIL (800.874.7245).
DRIVERS NOTE: 1. A new ramp from the Airport now leads directly to Port Everglades.
2. Shift-back of the newly-aligned U.S.1 is June 2013. Note, however, that while 10th Street is open for traffic fro U.S. 1 East to Southeast 7th Avenue, Taylor Road is closed permanently.
Present and Future Airport Developments: 1. All three terminals are getting a new in-line baggage systems (Terminal 1 has already completed its installation).
2. Current renovation & expansion work on Terminal 4 will add more concessions and added seating (no completion date yet). Its relocation of the security screening checkpoint is to be completed by 2013.
3. The South Runway Expansion Project necessitated the closure of a 1.7-mile section of Perimeter Road (from SW 43rd St. at west side of Airport to roundabout on its east side). The runway is to be renamed '10R-28L' and to open September 2014).
4. Renovation work on Terminals 1 & 3 started in September 2012 and is expected to be completed by 2017.
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- FLL Baggage Carts / Skycap
- FLL Baggage Claim
- FLL Banking / ATM Services
- FLL Business Services
- FLL Currency Exchange
- FLL Emergency / Medical Services
- FLL Guest Services
- FLL Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport Update History
- Updated FLL Airport Intro page - May 25, 2013
- Updated FLL Airports page - May 25, 2013
- Updated FLL Food & Stores page - May 12, 2013
- Updated FLL Main Terminals page - Apr 26, 2013
- Updated FLL Taxis & Limos page - Feb 21, 2013
- Updated FLL Official Website Links page - Feb 12, 2013
- Updated FLL Direct Flights page - Jan 20, 2013