Geneva (GVA) Airport
Geneva GVA Airport Overview
Geneva International Airport GVA has no international travel season, as the city of Geneva is host to a multitude of international organizations, whose representatives fly on business year-round, (however, tourists arrive here mostly in the summer & winter seasons). It recently has been named, for the third year in a row, as the 'most efficient airport' in its passenger count category.
GVA Airport is located in part in Meyrin and in part in Grand-Saconnex, only 4 km from the city center of Geneva, Switzerland. Its northern perimeter runs along the Swiss-French border, making the Airport accessible from both countries. Passengers arriving from, or departing to, France do not need to go through Swiss customs and immigration control, as long as they remain in the French sector of the Airport.
With an extra-long runway of 3,900 meters, and serving 14 million travelers per year, Geneva International Airport is hub for EasyJet Switzerland & secondary hub to Swiss International Airlines, and it is served by a myriad of international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. The Swiss Darwin Airline seves the alpine and pre-alpine regions.
NOTE: Easy-Jet customers with no luggage to check in can now use on-line check-in, up to 30 days in advance or 2 hours prior to departure. Otherwise you need to check in at the counters; however, there is a dedicated counter for those who purchsed Speedy Boarding option and for members of 'easyJet Plus'.
Geneva International has only one passenger terminal, referred to as 'T1'.
Route de l'Aeroport 21
- Website for Geneva: http://www.gva.ch
- Contact: http://www.gva.ch/en/Desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-423/
- Phone: +41 22 717 7111
- View Terminal Map
Geneva GVA Airport Update History
- GVA Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- GVA Timezone - Oct 22, 2013
- GVA Rental Cars - Oct 22, 2013
- GVA Layover - Oct 22, 2013
- GVA Guest Services - Oct 22, 2013
- GVA GMT Offset - Oct 22, 2013
- GVA Email - Oct 22, 2013
- GVA Buses & Trains - Oct 22, 2013
- GVA Airport Intro - Oct 22, 2013
- GVA Main Terminals - Aug 2, 2013
- GVA Parking On site - Aug 2, 2013
- GVA Airlines Served - Jun 20, 2013