Early Morning Interisland Flight
If we take an early morning interisland flight around [more]TwinMom15 06/27/2017
What is the vehicle height limits for airport parking garages?
What is the vehicle height limits for airport parking [more]RJ 06/24/2017
What restaurants and shops are in the inter island terminal?S. Hori 06/05/2017
4 hours layover
My wife and I have a 4 hour layover at HNL, on our wa [more]anonymus 01/18/2016
HNL Airport is located is a few miles west of downtown Honolulu and nine miles from famed Waikiki Beach. Airport access is via interstate freeway H1 (Queen Liliuokalani Freeway). - east- and westbound exits lead directly to the Airport), as well as H201 (Moanalua Fwy.), and H3 (John Burns Fwy.),
With six runways and an estimated yearly passenger count of 18 million, Honolulu International Airport is a hub for Hawaiian Airlines, and is served by countless major domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Hawaiian Airlines re-established Honolulu Airport as a connecting hub between the United States mainland and the Asia-Pacific region.
HNL Airport has three passenger terminals - the Overseas Terminal (the main terminal), the Interisland Terminal and the Commuter Terminal. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.)
Current and Future Airport developments: Ground breaking started in 2013 on a 4-year renovation & expansion project. Among current ongoing projects are replacement of passenger loading bridges & escalators at the Overseas Terminal, as well as renovation of Ticket Lobbies 4, 5, 7, 8, and upgrade of Access Control & Closed Circuit TV to expand security to various areas of the airport.
- A new Diamond Head Commuter Terminal . The overall $1.5B airport renovation project is now to finish in 2020.
- New 'Mauka Concourse', able to handle larger planes is to be completed by 2017/8.
- A new CONRAC Consolidated Rental Car building replacing the one-level facility; completion: third quarter 2017.
- Taxilanes G & L widening - completion: end of third quarter 2017 (?).
- Rental Car Facility: The Interim Rental Car Facility is located at eastern half of Overseas parking garage, while the five rental car agencies made final improvements to the temporary facility. The permanent 5-level CONRAC building (Consolidated Rental Car Facility) - under construction east of the Overseas parking garage and scheduled to open in 2020 - is to have 2,250 parking stalls, and a common shuttle bus operation from & to the Terminal.
- Ongoing work on the Elevated Rail System will include a rail stop at Honolulu Airport, The entire route with 21 stations will take only 42 minutes and will reach from Jualakai Pkwy (North/South Road) in the Kapolei aera through Wipahu, Pearl City, 'Aiea, Salt Lake, Kalihi, Honolulu, Kaka'ako, with end station Ala Moana Center. Completion of the elevated rail between Kapolei & Aloha Stadium is scheduled for 2018, and between Aloha Stadium & Ala Moana Center for 2019. Of the 80 trains, 17 4-car trains operate during peak hours.
HAWAIIAN AIRORTS: (Note that the largest island in the Hawaiian Chain is the 'Hawaii Island' - better known as 'The Big Island'.)
(a) listed by major islands, Airport Code, Airport (AP) name :
Big /Hawaii: KOA = Kona AP on west side of 'Big' Hawaii Island, at Keahole - is the Big Island's major AP (the other is Hilo ITO.
Big IHawaii: ITO - Hilo Int'l AP on eastern side of Big Island; near Hilo city (Main AP is Kona)
Oahu Island: HNL Honolulu In'tl AP near the Honolulu city, - with small Kalaeloa AP (east of HNL AP),
Oahu Island east of HNL is the small Kalealoa AP.
Maui Island: OGG Kahului AP near Haleakala - 1 Keolani Pl. Kahului, HI 96732
Maui Island: LNY Lanai AP (3 miles from Lanai city ) and
Maui Island JHM Kapalua (5 miles from Lahaina.)
Kauai Island: LIH = Lihue AP near the town of Lihue
Molokai Island: Molokai AP
(b) listed by Airport name, code & Island:
Kona AP KOA on west side of 'Big' Hawaii Island, at Keahole - is the Big Island's major AP
Hilo Int'l AP ITO on the Big Island is the secondary AP in, on eastern side of Big Island; (Main AP is Kona)
Honolulu In'tl AP HNL on Oahu Island is near the Honolulu city
Kalaeloa AP on Oahu Island (is a small AP east of HNL AP),
Lanai AP LNY - 3 miles from Lanai city, on Maui Island
Kapalua AP JHM - 5 miles from Lahaina, on Maui Island
Lihue AP LIH - near the town of Lihue on Kauai Island:
Molokai AP - on Molokai Island.