Huntsville HSV Airport Overview
Hunstville International Airport HSV serves the Tennessee Valley region and its surrounding 18 counties and has seen many positive changes in the last few years.
The Airport is located approximately 15 miles west of downtown Huntsville, in Madison County of northern Alabama, off Interstate Hwy I-565 and close to I-65. It . has in the last few years, and still is, undergoing major renovation and expansion projects.
With two long runways an estimated 1.2 million passengers in 2012, the airport - open 24/7- is home to some major airlines, offering many non-stop destinations to major US cities with connections around the globe. The Boeing's Panalpina 747 airplane begins its regular service at the Airport.
The on-Airport 'Four Points by Sheraton Hotel' is on 1000 Glenn Hearn Blvd. (reservation tel. 256-772-966 or 1-800-241-7873. It has access to the 18-hole golf coursee Sense Landing and offers the Grille Restaurant.
NOTICE: Due to ongoing construction (Phase II of the baggage claim project) passengers will move from the terminal to the baggage claim area via a new tunnel. Signs at the top & bottom of level 2 of the terminal will direct you down the escalator. Also note that the two traffic lanes merge into one - bear to the left as you leave the terminal dropoff area. During construction time it is advisable to use the parking deck for pickup purposes - the first 30 minutes of parking will be free.
The on-Airport Sheraton Four Points Hotel (for general information call 56-772-9661 /fax 464-9116; for reservations call 256-772-9661) with over 145 rooms, meeting space and restaurants is inside the passenger terminal.
The Sunset Landing Golf Course is only on airport grounds.
The passenger terminal at Huntsville International Airport has two levels. Note that its 5-year improvement project is ending with the current renovation of the baggage claim area.
At ground level has access to the Sheraton Hotel and to the parking garage, and houses the baggage claim area, airline ticketing desks and e-ticket machines, ATM machine, pay phone and TDD phone, postal drop box, a travel agency and a shuttle service desk & rental car counters.
The Concourse level houses the Hotel's restaurant, concessions, cocktail lounge, smoking lounge, news & gift shop, pay phone and TDD phone, Tourist information, shoeshine stand, and ATM machine, security check and airline gates.
Parking options at Huntsville International Airport: For passenger pickup use the Parking Deck with 30 minutes free parking.
Ten-minute parking spaces are located immediately in front of the passenger terminal for easy passenger pick-up/drop-off.
The 5-level Parking Deck with covered connecting walkways and a clearance of 8.2 feet offers on Level 1 hourly parking and on Levels 2-6 daily parking. SmartSigns tell you if spaces are available on each level.
Disabled parking is available on Levels 1, 2 & 3 and in the economy lot.
Economy parking is behind the Parking Deck.
To pay your parking fee you can use SmartPark: on your way out, use the automated lanes for credit card payments.
To get from Huntsville International to your destination, you have a choice of renting a car, taking a taxi or limousine or the Executive Connection shuttle (257-772-0186).
1000 Glenn Hearn Blvd.
Huntsville, AL 35824
- Website for Huntsville: http://www.flyhuntsville.com
- Email Address: http://www.flyhuntsville.com/contact-us/#.UViiQzdtaiA
- Phone: (256) 772 9395
Huntsville HSV Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Huntsville HSV Airport Update History
- Updated HSV Airport Intro page - Mar 31, 2013
- Updated HSV Airports page - Mar 31, 2013
- Updated HSV Email page - Mar 31, 2013
- Updated HSV Parking On site page - Mar 5, 2013
- Updated HSV Direct Flights page - Feb 21, 2013