Jackson Hole JAC Airport Overview
Jackson Hole Airport JAC is the State of Wyoming's busiest airport and serves the northwestern town of Jackson Hole, which is situated at the base of the spectacular Teton Mountains - in fact, it is entirely within Grand Teton National Park, and only 48 miles from the south entrance to Yellowstone National Park on highway 89. Flying into the Airport is an awe-inspiring start of your trip to this area - indeed, it is one of the World's top 10 Airports when it comes to scenic approaches .
JAC Airport is 9 miles north of Jackson Hole. When driving from the Town of Jackson, take Cache Street and drive north on highway 89 for about 9 miles, then turn left at the Airport sign.
With an estimated yearly passenger count of 548,500, Jackson Hole Airport is served by a number of major airlines, as well as by seasonal seasonal charters, offering direct flights to many U.S. hubs with convenient connections.
1. Arrive at the Airport at least two hours prior to scheduled departure time during high season, as there is very limited staff available to process arriving passengers.
2. Skiers or Snowboarders: you can bring your ski or snowboard equipment as checked baggage (1 ski & pole bag, or one snowboard bag, and one boot bag - the total of which cannot exceed 80in/203cm in linear dimensions (width, length & height).
3. It is strongly advisable to take alternative transportation into Jackson Hole Airport, by taking a taxi or by having someone drop you off.
The passenger terminal at Jackson Hole Airport had undergone extensive renovation & expansion in 2009/10, and has a new ticketing hall with 36 counters, a new gate area & restaurant, security checkpoint and inbound baggage area. More projects are to be completed between 2014 & 2015 (see below), including new expanded baggage claim.
Amenities & services inside the terminal include a restaurants, a gift shop, a book store, a snack machines, an ATM machine and free WiFi access throughout the terminal.
Current airlines serving the terminal: American, Delta, Frontier, Skywest & United airlines
Present & future Airport developments: A new construction project, to be done in three phases, started May 2013 and, upon completion by 2014/15 will have integrated a new 2-level support building, housing baggage claim, screening checkpoint & airline offices.
Phase 1 of construction involves completion of the support building year-end 2013.
Phase 2 of construction involves a temporary baggage claim area in the employee parking lot, while one or both baggage claim carousels are transferred to this area - completion date mid-March 2014.
Phase 3 of construction will involve the demolition of the existing baggage claim area and the northern portion of the Administrative building. The new ground level building will be connected to the terminal, administration building & new support building, and will house a baggage claim area with 3 flat-plate claim devices and another one for skis only.
Final completion of the entire project is scheduled for Spring 2015.
Jackson Hole JAC Airport Update History
- JAC Airports - Oct 26, 2013
- JAC Airport Intro - Oct 17, 2013
- JAC Food & Stores - Oct 14, 2013
- JAC Buses & Trains - Oct 6, 2013
- JAC Persons With Disabilities - Sep 17, 2013
- JAC Official Website Links - Sep 17, 2013
- JAC Security - Sep 17, 2013
- JAC Lost Found - Sep 17, 2013
- JAC Banking ATM - Sep 17, 2013
- JAC Pets - Sep 17, 2013
- JAC Parking On site - Aug 13, 2013
- JAC Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013
- JAC Taxis & Limos - Jun 19, 2013