Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
delta to qatar airways
Arriving from IAD on Delta @ 07:25, departing on Qata [more]JK Yesterday
changing flight at JFK
Flying in on JetBlue terminal 5 need to go the termin [more]CT Yesterday
Paris-JFK 6:10pm to Austin TX at 8:30 pm
Arriving from Paris-JFK at 6:10 pm at terminal 1- tak [more]Abigail F 10/16/2017
Flying into John F. Kennedy International at 4:24 pm [more]FO 10/16/2017
New York Kennedy Airport ( JFK ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The passenger terminal complex at Kennedy Airport constitutes has a Central Terminal Area (CTA), with a one-mile circular roadway, currently surrounded by six operational passenger terminals: T1, T2, T4, T5, T7 & T8 - arranged in a semi-circle, and connected by the Airtrain & the Airline Terminals Train, both serving the non-secured areas of the terminals every 8 minutes on average.
The full-service Welcome Centers in the Arrivals area of each of the passenger terminals - staffed by Customer Care Reps wearing red vests - offer an ATM cash machine and these services: Ground transportation information, hotel reservations, information on shops, restaurants, rental cars & tourist attractions.
At the Departures levels is a 'virtual avatar' with the likeness of a real person, is also providing terminal information.
All Terminals offer food & drink, shops & duty-free concessions (most of which are in the secured areas) and free WiFi access.
NOTE: Some plastic wrapping cannot go through the baggage handling system and passengers need to unwrap their bags - The Airport's 'Secure Wrap' will save you this aggravation!
- As 19 million passenges travel through Terminal 4 - Installation of an 'Accessible Pedetrian System' (APS), with audible crossing signals 'walk' or 'don' walk' , is being installed at T4, while traffic signals are being synchorized,
- The transportation maps at the Airport are color-coded: For inter-terminal connections, use the yellow-marked 'Airline Terminals Train'; for connections to Jamaica Station use the red-marked Airtrain; for connections to Howard Beach, use the green-marked train.
- T2 to T4: Until the new connector is completed, Delta Bus connects from T5, gates B18 & B54 to gate T2 gate C60.
- via 'Airline Terminals Train' (marked on JFK's maps in yellow) running from T1 to T8, T7, T5, T4 & T2/3) - at each such stop you can connect to the Airtrain to either Howard Beach route (marked green) or Jamaica Station route (marked red) , which runs 24/7 - between midnight and 4am every 15 mins; between 4-7:30am every 7 mins; between 7:30am-3pm every 10 mins; between 3pm-8pm every 7 mins; between 8pm & midnight every 15 mins.
The Airtrain stops at each of the terminals and branches out into two separate City routes:
(a) Jamaica Station route connects to the Long Island Railroad, to NYC Transit subways E, J and Z at Sutphin Blvd/Archer Av. Station, and to various Q buses.
(b) Howard Beach Route connects to Parking lots A, B & C, stopping at Lefferts Blvd., & Howard Beach Station. The elevated A train takes you north to the Rockaways, or south to Brooklyn & Manhattan, with other subway connections along the line.
Airport to Airport connections:
- JFK to LaGuardia: ETS Air Shuttle (718-221-5341); All CountyExpress (800-914-4223); NYC Airporter (718-777-5111) all three take 45-60 mins; metered taxi at taxi dispatcher, 30 min; private limo/van: Welcome Center at baggage claim.
- JFK to Newark Libery: State Shuttle (800-427-3207) takes 90 mins.; Air Train JFK & mass transit (877-535-2478); ETS Air Shuttle (718-21-5341) 1 hour; metered taxis from dispatcher 75-90 mins; private limo/ vans: Ground Transport Information Counter at baggage claim, 75-90 mins.
International Arrivals: Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports in Canada and the Caribbean, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bag (the tag should indicate layover and final destination Airport Codes). See also below: Terminal 5, Arrivals level (T5 or T4?)
- Rental cars are outside of the Arrivals level of each of the terminals.
- WiFi service at all three New York airports is only free for 30 minutes; thereafter it is $4.95 per hour, $7.95 per day, and for frequent fliers $9.95 a month.
Terminal 1 of JFK Airport houses currently 22 major international carriers: AeroMexico, Aeroflot, Air China, Air France, Alitalia, Austrian, Brussels, Cayman Airways, China Eastern, Dynamic International, EVA, Fly Jamaica, Interjet, Japan, Korean, Lufthansa, Meridiana, Norwegian Air, Philippine, Royal Air Maroc, Saudi Arabian, TAME, & Turkish airlines.
Arrivals level houses customs clearance, baggage claim, baggage storage, Welcome Center, rental cars, ATMs & currency echange, ground transportation information, AirTrain Station and Bus stops outside.
Mezzanine level houses 3 airline lounges.
Departures level houses check-in facilities, with access by elevator /escalator to the Concourse level /boarding area.
Concourse level houses security check, four airline lounges and access to gates 1 - 11.
The Lufthansa Lounge is at post-security, to the left.
The Air France Lounge near gate 1 offers showers, WiFi & separate VIP area for La Premiere guests.
Terminal 2 of JFK Airport is currently for Delta's First Class, Medallion & Business Elite Check-in. NOTE: T2 closes at 8:30pm - passengers checking in after 8pm should proceed to T4!
Arrivals level with baggage claim, information counter, ATMGround Transport Info Center, and bus & taxi pickup outside.The Arrivals level houses the Delta Sky Club, Delta ONE Check-in & Delta Sky Priority Check-in.
Departures level h houses check-in facilities on either side of the center and security check in the center, leading to currency exchange and access tto gates C60-70. Transfer passengers to T4 find shuttle service at C60.
NOTE: 160 new OTG iPads (making it a total of 300) for chef-driven restaurants are now available at Brooklyn Beer Garden, Due Amici & Shiso.
The Delta Shuttles between T2 & T4: the Delta shuttle jitney now offers 3 transfer routes: The T4 shuttle stops are at B18, B 54; the T2 shuttle stop is at C60. At each stop passengers should choose the shuttle marked with their needed terminal location. While times varry, the shuttle ride takes on average 2 to 6 minutes.
Terminal 4 of JFK Airport with Concourses A & B - the largest of JFK's terminals, is North America's only air terminal operated by private company JFKIAT LLC (www.jfkiat.com), which works closely together with Delta and the Port Authority of NY & NJ. Delta uses T4 for its long-haul flights, including U.S. flights to LAX, SFO & SEA - but currently uses T2 for its First Class, Medallion & Business Elite check-in purposes only. Delta transfer passengers to Terminal 2 may use T4's shuttle stops at gates B18 & B54. This shuttle also runs between gates B18 & C80 and B54 and C60.
- International airlines currently using T4: Air Europa, Air India, Air Jamaica, Air Serbia, Arik Air, Asiana, Asiana, Aivanca, Caribbean, China, China Southern, Copa, Delta, Egyptair, El Al, Emirates, Etihad, JetBlue (international arrivals between 10:30pm & 5am), KLM Royal Dutch, Kuwait, Miami Air charter, Pakistan Int'l, Singapore, South African, Sun Country, SWISS, Thomas Cook, Uzbekistan, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Volaris, WestJet, Xiamen, and XL Airways.
- The new security checkpoint is located 'just after check-in'. All airline lounges, shops & restaurants, as well as all airline gates are located at post-security. Also note that due to limited space, only ticketed passengers are permitted at check-in. NOTE: T4 now displays Security & Customs processing time !
- T4 has completed its expansion projects, resulting in improved baggage claim, added carousels, US Customs inspection booths, 12 centralized security lanes; improved check-in areas with more kiosks; Delta Sky Priority check-in area next to security check; new shops & restaurants at pre-security; renovated and new gates at Concourse B.
Arrivals level 1 of T4 is at present separate - connected by walkway from A & B gates - and housing the Customs clearance, new automatic passport control machines, baggage claim, & Welcome /Information Center, baggage storage, Lost&Found. It also has a Ground Transport Info Center, and outsidet taxi stand and rental car pick-up. The Arrivals Hall houses a sit-down diner (reminiscent of the 1930s) located at pre-security is able to serve visitors and passengers alike.
Check-in level 4 and Departure Hall of T4 house airline service counters, check-in facilities, prayer chapels, security checkpoint and airline lounges.
Departure level 3 and Gate Area of T4 with two check-in areas & 2 airline clubs, opens up to the Concourse level, with security checkpoints at either side leading to East & West retail lounges. - East Retail Lounge connects to Concourse A; West Retail Lounge connects to Concourse B.
- Concourse A of T1 houses gates A3 & A5 and currency exchange.
- Concourse B of T1 houses gates B20-41 with a currency exchange between B27/29 and a pet relief area near B33. The T4 shuttle to T2 now stops at gates B18 & B54. Currency exchange is at B22 & B32 and at West Retail Lounge. Concourse B now has 11 new gates & enclosed jet bridges (close to Sky Club Lounge), and 75,000 sq.feet of extra space. Inter-terminal connections are aided by a new bus stop at the concourse end (complementing current bus stops at gates B18 & C60). These upgrades enabled Delta to shift 80 percent of its domestic connection flights from T2 to the expanded Concourse B of T4 - further streamlining connecting flights. Upgrades were also made to enhance check-in, and adding electrical outlets on the seats in the waiting areas.
Airline Lounges at T4: (For all other Airlines and their lounges, contact your airline).
- Air India Maharaja at B gates;
- Delta Sky Club at Gate B32 (reached by discreet door around gate B32 via escalator up to its lobby & reception desk);
- El Al King David Lounge;
- Emirates Lounge at Gate A4;
- Etihad Premium Lounge;
- Swiss Lounge near gate B23;
- Virgin Club House at Gate A5;
- Wingtips Lounge at end of Concourse A.
Terminal 5 of JFK Airport was recently expanded by JetBlue Airlines by 145,000 sq.ft on 3 levels, and adding the International Arrivals Hall with U.S. Custom and Border Protection, Federal Inspection Services (FIS) and two new baggage claim belts.
T5 is currently served by AerLingus, Hawaiian, JetBlue (T5 for all departures & international arrivals 5am-10:30pm; but T4 for int'l arrivals 10:30pm-5am), and by TAP Portugal. T5 is an award-winning, state-of-the-art terminal, offering free WiFi access, 38 food & drink outlets, 35 shops, plenty of charging stations, and even a full spa.T5 is is (Note that JetBlue & Korean Air have an interline agreement - meaning they transfer bags to their connecting flights). JetBlue curbside check-in is available for domestic flights only at $2/bag.
Arrivals level of T5 houses baggage claim, currency exchange, and information counter; its separate Skywalk connects to Departures & Arrivals at each end, and to parking, Airtrain and Airline Terminal Train at its left end.
Departures level of T5 with check-in facilities leads to security check and on to the gate area with gates 1-30 (gates 22-30 at left; gates 8-21 straight ahead, and gates 1 - 7 to the right.). NOTE: The new state-of-the-art self-service lobby houses over 70 self-service check-in kiosks (with handheld scanning devices, baggage tag printers and LED lighting) and 12 baggage-drop stations. Also, roving lobby greeters will to assist passengers. Note that JetBlue recently selected global IT provider SITA to install in all of the airports it serves the latest version of self-service kiosks APC s (automated passport control kiosks).
Lounges at T5: (a) The Concorde Lounge is near gate 1. (b) The Airspace Lounge near gate 24 is a pay-in lounge, starting at $25; it offers non-alcoholic drinks & snacks, use of computers, printing & scanning, WiFi & shower facilities.
T5's Marketplace at T5 offers concerts, events & installations.
T5's new outdoor rooftop terrace (post-security) with views of Manhattan offfers seating for 50 persons - with three food and beverage carts, greenery areas, children’s play area and an area to walk your dog.
Airmall USA, the new concessionaire, pledged to add more food & drink & retail concessions.
Terminal 7 of JFK Airport - owned & operated by British Airways - is currently served by Aerolineas Argentinas, ANA, British Airways, Iberia, Icelandair, Interjet, LOT, OpenSkies, Qantas, Qatar, & Ukraine Int'l. It has small Arrivals and Departure Levels, and a large Concourse level:
Arrivals level houses customs clearance, baggage claim, currency exchange, hotel board, ground transport Information desk.
Departures Level houses check-in facilities, with access to security and security check, and the Concouse level.
Concourse level is surrounded by gates 1- 12 (1-6 west, 7-12 east), and offers various amenities.
T7 offers the Concorde Lounge near gate 1.
NOTE: IAG is to replace the current Legacy check-in technology at T7 with a common use passenger processing platform (CUPPS) for enhanced passenger check-in.
Terminal 8 of JFK Airport with Concourses B & C is presently a Oneworld hub, with American Airlines being the major carrier. (Some of Oneworld airlines operating at T7, also operate at T8). TA is currently served by Air Berlin, Alaska, American, American Eagle, Interjet, Finnair, LATAM, Maleve, Qatar, & Royal Jordanian.
Arrivals level houses customs clearance, baggage claim, Information counter, ground & transportation information & hotel phones.
Departures level houses the check-in facilities, leading to the security checkpoints, and thereafter restaurants/ shops, with access to the two Concourses:
Concourse B with gate 1-16 has currency exchanges near gates 4 & 10, and offers access between gates 12 & 14 to Concourse C (with a currency exhange in this transfer area.
Concourse C with gates 31-47 houses currency exchange near its entrance.
NOTE: Terminal improvements & shifting of airlines are under consideration.
Hotel Reservation Services for Comfort Inn & Suites, Crowne Plaza, Days Inn & Suites and Radisson Hotel JFK are located at the Air Train Federal Circle Station (no service charge for reservation); 'Accommodations Plus, Inc. at arrivals areas of Terminals 1, 4 & 7 (tel. 800-7333-76666) charge $10 for service.
For Shops, Restaurants, Services & Amenities - open: http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-shops-restaurants-services.html