Kona at Keahole KOA Airport Overview
Kona International Airport KOA serves the island of Hawaii, also referred to as the 'Big Island' as it is the largest island of the Hawaiian chain, and known for its active volcanoes, scenic coastline and great golf courses. It provides services to the U.S. mainland, to international destinations, and serves interisland, commuter /air taxi and general aviation.
KOA Airport is located in the town of Keahole, on the island's west side, about seven miles northwest of Kailua-Kona, and is accessible via the access roadway extending from Queen Kaahumanu Highway.
With a very long runway, and nearly 3 million passengers annually, Kona International Airport is served by a number of domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The passenger terminal at Kona International is divided into Terminals 1 & 2, and is accessible via the Kupipi Street, a one-way loop enclosing public parking and rental car check-in facilities. In the center of the terminal complex is the Onizuka Memorial.
Present and future Airport Developments: As the Aiport was originally designed mainly for inter-island operations - major improvements are planned for current & future activity mix (domestic, overseas, international, inter-island, commuter and general aviation). Currently, under the the Kona Terminal Modernization Program, the Onizuka Space Center is being relocated and a consolidated check-point at a central location is to connect the north and south terminals.
Kona at Keahole KOA Airport Update History
- KOA Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- KOA Food & Stores - Oct 14, 2013
- KOA Airport Intro - Oct 13, 2013
- KOA Main Terminals - Oct 13, 2013
- KOA Buses & Trains - Oct 5, 2013
- KOA Rental Cars - Oct 5, 2013
- KOA Security - Sep 8, 2013
- KOA Pets - Sep 8, 2013
- KOA Persons With Disabilities - Sep 8, 2013
- KOA Official Website Links - Sep 8, 2013
- KOA Lost Found - Sep 8, 2013
- KOA Guest Services - Sep 8, 2013
- KOA Business Services - Sep 8, 2013
- KOA Parking On site - Jul 25, 2013
- KOA Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013