Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Kona Onizuka International Airport consists of two airport terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
This terminal is located to the right of Terminal 2 and houses boarding gates 1-5, baggage claim, and customs house at the arrivals area. There is a ticketing/check-in lobby at the entrance. Services include restaurants and cafés, information desk, space center, lost and found, ATMs, duty-free shops, AEDs, and telephones.
This terminal houses the boarding gates 6-10, a ticketing and check-in lobby with an information desk, a baggage claim, and a hotel desk with a gift shop and restaurant. Services include restaurants and cafés, information desk, space center, lost and found, ATMs, duty-free shops, AEDs, and telephones.
The security checkpoints at KOA airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Kona Onizuka International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
The airport houses the Hawaiian Airlines Premier Club Lounge inside Terminal 2. The lounge is equipped with various services including free WiFi, magazines, telephones, snacks and beverages, and television.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag.
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules.
- Keep your luggage and personal items prepared for the TSA security checkpoints.
- When traveling with kids, keep items to keep them busy and engaged such as games, laptops, books, snacks, or others depending on their interest.
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies.