London Stansted (STN) Airport
London Stansted STN Airport Overview
London Stansted International Airport STN is UK's third-busiest, and Europe's fastest-growing airport, and an influx of low-cost airlines offering a cheaper alternative to London's other airports has contributed to its growth and earned it at the 2011 World Airport Awards 'The World's Best Low-cost Airport' title. Stansted Airport also has won high praise for its spacious and people-friendly terminal and for a unique wildlife area for plants and animals created in the shadow of the big jets. It is also the winner of Skytrax World's Best Airport for Low-Cost Airlines award for 2011 & 2012.
The Airport is located at Stansted Mountfitchet, in the local district of Uttlesford, in Essex, or 48 km northeast of Central London, England, U.K., and accessible just off M11 motorway (use Junction 8A from London, or Junction 8 from Cambridge and folow signs. Postcode: CM24 1RW).
With one long runeway and an estimated 17.5 million passengers in 2012, London Stansted Airport is served by a host of domestic, international, low-fare & charter airlines offerering countless direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
Stansted Airport has one passenger terminal: (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Stansted Airport: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
Rental car counters for major rental car agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the passenger terminal.
To transfer from Stansted Airport to London Heathrow Airport you can take (a) the Stansted Express train to London Liverpool Sreet (45 min), & transfer to London Paddington by bus, or the London Underground running every 15 mins, or (b) take the National Express bus running every 30-60 mins and taking about 90 mins (tickets are available in the trminal, at bus station or onboard.
To transfer from Stansted Airport to London Gatwick Airport you can take (a) the Stansted Express train to London Liverpool Sreet (45 min), & transfer to London Victoria by bus, or the London Underground. At Victoria take the Gatwick Express train to Gatwick Airport running every 15 mins & taking about 30 mins, or (b) take the National Express bus running every 30-60 mins to Gatwick's North & South terminals and taking about 2 hr. 45 mins (tickets are available in the terminals, at bus station or onboard.
To get from London Stansted Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a bus, or a train:
1. By Bus:
(a) 'easyBus EB2' to Baker Street in London runs every 20 mins and takes 7 mins.
(b) National Express to London Victoria runs every 10 mins and takes 85-100 mins.
(c) National Express to Stratford & London Liverpool Street runs every 30 mins and takes 45-60 mins.
(d) Terravision A50 to Victoria runs every 30 mins and takes 75 mins.
(e) Terravision A51 to London Liverpool Street runs every 30 mins. and takes 75 mins.
2. By Train:
The Stansted Airport rail station is located directly below the passenger terminal and tickets can be bought in advance or at the station.
The Stansted Express with new trains in service, departs every 15 minutes and takes 46 mins to Liverpool Street, or 35 mins to Tottenham Hale.
For the London Underground, change at Tottenham Hale to Victoria Line, or at Liverpool Street to the Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines.
Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex, CM24 1QW
- Website for London Stansted: http://www.stanstedairport.com
- Email Address: http://www.stanstedairport.com/portal/page/Stansted%5EGeneral%5EMisc%5EContact+us/
- Phone: +44 844 335 1803
- View Terminal Map
London Stansted STN Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
London Stansted STN Airport Update History
- Updated STN Parking On site page - Apr 23, 2013
- Updated STN Airports page - Mar 14, 2013
- Updated STN Food & Stores page - Mar 14, 2013
- Updated STN Airport Intro page - Mar 10, 2013
- Updated STN Main Terminals page - Mar 10, 2013
- Updated STN Direct Flights page - Jan 27, 2013
- Updated STN Banking ATM page - Dec 25, 2012
- Updated STN Currency Exchange page - Dec 25, 2012
- Updated STN Lost Found page - Dec 25, 2012