Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Terminal Map
Main Terminal / Concourses at Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
The passenger terminal complex at Minneapolis St. Paul Airport consists of Lindbergh Terminal 1 and Humphrey Terminal 2 - divided by a runway and connected by the free underground light rail, between their respective light rail stations, where trains run on opposite sides to: (a) the Humphrey Terminal, Bloomington & Mall of America; and (b) to Minneapolis.
NOTE: The Lindbergh Terminal 1 is located at 4300 Glumack Drive (Zip Code: 55111); the Humprey Terminal 2 is located at 7150 Humphrey Drive (Zip Code: 55450)
1. To connect from Lindbergh to Humphrey Terminal, you need to take the tram inside the terminal to the outside Lindbergh Terminal light rail transit station and jump on the train going in that direction. You can access the trams from several areas of the Terminal:
(a) fromTicketing & Baggage Claim, take escalator or elevator down to Level T; take underground tram to transit center; follow signs to the light rail transit station; (b) from Concourses A, B, C, D. & E, exit security from the concourse connector; take elevator or escalator down to the Lindbergh Terminal light rail station; (c) from Concourses G & F, exit security from the concourse connector; take elevator or escalator down to the Lindbergh light rail station.
2. To connect from Humphrey to Lindbergh Terminal, you need to take the skyway on Level 2 to the parking ramp on the second level, by following signs and walking through the parking ramp and taking the escalator or elevator down to the light rail transit station. This takes about five minutes. For disabled travelers or families traveling with children and luggage there is an alternative shuttle service available.
3. Concourse Connections at Lindbergh: Concourses C & A are served by a tram; a connector between Concourses C & A connects to Concourse B by a short tunnel; and the Concourse Connector Bridge connects Concourses G & C. Concourses G, F, E & D can be reached by foot.
4. The light rail service to Minneapolis: (a) If disembarking at Concourses G or F, exit security from the Concourse Connector. Take elevators/ escalators down to light rail station; (b) if disembarking from Concourses A - E: exit security from the Concourse Connector; take elevator /escalator down to light rail station.
International Arrivals: Lindbergh's Concourse G has gates 1-10 and 11-22, with security checkpoint & international arrivals facility in the center. Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in your bag.
Delta Air Lines customers: (a) Delta uses all concourses A through G of Terminal 1 with corresponding gate numbers. (b) Delta maintains four 'Need Help?' centers at Terminal 1, near gates C2, C13, F1 & G10 (scanners are for rebooking there). (c) If you are flying out of gates C10-27, G14-22 or Concourses A or B, check bags at the Delta counter on Level T and take the tram to Checkpoint 10 (midway on the C/G Concourse Connector Bridge).
Global Entry; Security Checkpoints & TSA Pre-check:
1.Global Entry Program is available in both terminals (visit globalentry.gov or tel. 877-227-5511).
2. Security checkpoints: (a) the Lindbergh Terminal 1has international checkpoint 7 is on Concourse G; there are also six checkpoints on the ticketing level, and the Skyway Security checkpoint 10 is on the Concouse connector. Checkpoint 6, the 'Black Diamond', is for expert travelers. (b) the Humphrey Terminal 2 security checkpoint is on level 2.
3. TSA Pre-Check is available at Terminal 1, checkpoint 4 (or visit tsa.gov/what_we_do/escreenin.shtm).
Terminal 1 Lindbergh Terminal has Concourses A through G - serving Air Canada, Air France, Alaska, American, Delta, Frontier, Great Lakes, United, US Airways. Delta is the dominant airline: (a) Delta & Delta Connection (operated either by Compass, Shuttle America, or ExpressJet) currently use Concourses C, D, F & G, (b) Delta Connection (operated by Pinnacle or SkyWest) uses Concourses A, B & C.
Terminal 1 has two main levels & a mezzanine level: If you need a quiet place to sit or meditate, you find it on the Mezzanine level overlooking the Airport Mall:
The lower level is for ticketing, baggage claim and Mall, and
the upper level is for security check points and gates, with a skyway to parking & ground transport (parking is in the center), and at the end of the terminal square, between Concourses G and C (down the escalator), is the Transit Center with light rail, buses, rental cars & security checkpoint for carry-on only. Food & drink, as well as shops are available throughout the Mall and all Concourses.
The the upper level is surrounded on three sides by Concourses A through G - Concourses E & F are in the center with Concourse D, C, A & B to the right and Concourse G to the left:
Concourse A has gates A1-14 (Concourse B can be reached by tunnel)
Concourse B (opposite Concourse A) has on the upper level gates B1-16, and on the lower level a tunnel to of Concourses A/C.
Concourse C has gates 1-27, and a crosswalk to Concourse G near gate 12.
Concourse D to the right of the center, has gates D1-D6.
Concourse E has gates E1-E16
Concourse F has gates F1-F16.
Concourse G has gates 1-10 & 11-22 (with security checkpoint & international arrivals facility in the center), and a crosswalk to Concourse C near gate G18.
1. Delta Sky Club Lounges: one is near entrance to F & G concourses, the other is at Concourse C, near gate C12.
2. The United Club is on Concourse E, between gates E6-E8.
Terminal 2 Humphrey Terminal serves AirTran, Condor, Icelandair, Southwest, Spirit, and Sun Country airlines with gates H1-5 at left & H6-10 at right. The terminal has two levels:
Level 1 is for ticketing, baggage claim and outside passenger pickup & drop-off; and
Level 2 houses security checkpoints, skyway, and airline gates. It also connects, via skyway, to the parking facility with ground transport center, which in turn connects to the MSP Value parking facility and adjacent Light Rail Transit Station.
Exit Concourse A towards stairs, stairs are between gates A1 and C27, take stairs to tunnel, take tunnel to Concourse B, first set of stairs back up comes out at gate B1 and 2nd set back up comes out at gate B7
Walk Time: 4 min
Through Security? NoGo back to search