Munich (MUC) Airport
Munich MUC Airport Overview
MUC Airport is located inside of three municipalities, Oberding, Hallbergmoos & Marzling, and is 18 miles northeast of Munich (25 minutes from city center) - accessible via Autobahn A-92 and A-9.
With two very long runways and an estimated 39 million passengers a year, Munich International Airport is served by a large number of major & minor, regular and low-cost airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe - as well as by seasonal charters to popular vacation destinations.
New Airport hotel 'Hilton at Munich Airport' with 389 rooms and direct terminal access can be recognized by its glass atrium in the center. It offers conference & business facilities covering over 20 meeting rooms, a fitness area, swimming pool, whirlpool, steam bath & sauna, as well as dining options and Nightflight Bar. Currently it is under expansion at its eastern wing, adding 162 more rooms - to be completed early 2017.
Munich Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 & T2 connected at levels 3 & 4, at center, to the MAC (Munich Airport Center).
Current and future Airport Developments:
- New T2 Satellite is making considerable progress and will soon reach its intensive testing stage. It will be linked to Terminal 2 by tunnel via automated train system (ATS), and is scheduled to open April 2016.
- Government approval has been obtained for a new runway and construction is expected to start 'in the near future'.
- The universal display system UDS at Terminal 1 will be replaced with Data Modul's series of professional CONRAC displays in Modules A-E and Hall F and the MAC Center.
Oberding, Bavaria, 85326
- Website for Munich: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/consumer/index.jsp
- Contact: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/general/kontakt/index.jsp
- Phone: +49 89 975 - 00 / fax 57906