Munich (MUC) Airport
Munich MUC Airport Overview
Munich International Airport MUC is presently Germany's second-largest airport, serving the State of Bavaria and its capital city Munich. It has been voted by Skytrax as 'Central Europe's Best Airport' and has moved up to number 6 in ranking among global airports of this size. The Airport opened in 1992, and 20 years later celebrated its 500 millionth passenger arrival.
MUC Airport is located inside of three municipalities, Oberding, Hallbergmoos & Marzling, and is 18 miles northeast of Munich (25 minutes from city center) - accessible via Autobahn A-92 and A-9.
With two very long runways and nearly 40 million passengers a year, Munich International Airport is served by a large number of major & minor, regular and low-cost airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe - as well as by seasonal charters to popular vacation destinations.
On-Airport hotel: The 5-star Hotel Kempinsky.
Munich Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 & T2 connected levels 3 & 4, center, to the MAC (Munich Airport Center).
Current and future Airport Developments: 1. Recent contracts by more than 20 airlines assure long-term services of ground handler AeroGround.
2. Construction on the new Terminal 2's Satellite has started; completion of which is to be 2015.
Oberding, Bavaria, 85326
- Website for Munich: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/consumer/index.jsp
- Contact: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/general/kontakt/index.jsp
- Phone: +49 89 975-00
- View Terminal Map
Munich MUC Airport Update History
- MUC Currency Exchange - Oct 27, 2013
- MUC Airport Intro - Oct 27, 2013
- MUC Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- MUC Banking ATM - Oct 27, 2013
- MUC Buses & Trains - Oct 27, 2013
- MUC Official Website Links - Oct 27, 2013
- MUC Lost Found - Oct 27, 2013
- MUC Main Terminals - Oct 27, 2013
- MUC Rental Cars - Oct 14, 2013
- MUC Airlines Served - Jun 21, 2013