Nice Cote d' Azur (NCE) Airport
Nice Cote d' Azur NCE Airport Overview
Nice Cote d'Azur Airport NCE is France’s third most important airport (after de Gaulle & Orly), being the port of arrival for passengers to the Cote ‘Azur (Saint Tropez & Cannes Airport) and serving the Principality of Monaco (Monte Carlo Airport) via helicopter service.
The Airport is located 5.9 km southwest of Nice, in the Alpes-Martitimes Department of France, on the Mediterranean Sea, and is accessible via motorway A8 (La Provencale), Exit 50 on N99 to Promenade des Anglais. The local telephone information number for the Airport is 0820 423 333 (0.12 EUR per minute).
With 2 long runways and an estimated 11.2 million passengers in 2012, Nice Cote d'Azur Airport is served by a host of national and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to countless European cities with connections around the globe. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular vacation destinations. The Airport offers daily flights to New York and Dubai.
The passenger terminal complex at Nice Airport consists of two terminals - T1 & T2. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Nice Cote d'Azur Airport: (a) Terminal 1 carparks: P9; P2, P3 & G1; (b) Terminal 2 carparks: P9, P6, P5 & T2.
Garage parking is in G1 & G2; Long-term parking is in P2, P3 & P5. Disabled parking is available in all parking facilities.
Rental car counters for major agencies are on the Arrivals level, open until 10pm - in Terminal 1 near gates A1/A2 (at right of Information desk); in Terminal 2 between gates A2 & A3. Vehicles are collected from & returned to thee same place at the Rental Car Center , Terminal 2, behind the P5 carpark.
After 10 pm, to get to the Rental Car Center or to rent a car: Hop on the free 'Terminal 2' shuttle bus from the Arrivals level, gate A0, running 6am-11pm every 6-7 mins; 4:30-6am, & 11pm to last flight every 10 mins.
To get from Nice Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a shuttle, a bus or the train:
1. Taxis are available at Terminal 1, Gate A1, or Terminal 2, Gate A3. For information call Central Taxi Riviera Nice at +33 (0)4 93 13 78 78.
2. The LaNavette shuttle service offers transfers 24/7 to Nice, Antibes, Cap Ferrat, St. Paul, Eze, Monaco & Cannes (Tel: +33(3)6 5001 30 10).
3. Buses: The Airport Bus Ticket Office also offers tourist passes valid for all buses.
(a) The Xpress 110 bus leaves both from terminals T1 and T2 every 30 mins, starting 8:45am to 9:15pm. Its route makes its first stop in Monaco, then Roquebrune - Cap Martin, and ends at Menton.
(b) TRAM bus T1 serves LesPlenas – Pont Michel.
(c) Interurban lines in the TAM netwok are Line 200 to Cannes RN7, Line 400 to Vence, Line 500 to Grasse (lines within the CANCA). You can also take the night bus N100 NocTAM’bus to Monaco-Menton and the N200 NocTAM’bus to Cannes.
4. Trains: To get to the Nice St. Augustine Railway Station, take the Bus 23 (Vallon de Fleurs). The SNCF has two lines: Line 3 (Les Ares – St. Raphael – Cannes – Nice) & Line 6 (Marseille – Nice – Vintimille). TER line 4 (Mandelieu – Grasse – Nice – Vintimille).
There are also special sightseeing trains to the Nice region and the Roya Bokera Valley (from Nice to either Digne, Plan du Var or Val d’Allos) or Train des Merveilles (Nice – Breil – Cuneo).
Nice Cote d' Azur NCE Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Nice Cote d' Azur NCE Airport Update History
- Updated NCE Airports page - May 16, 2013
- Updated NCE Food & Stores page - May 16, 2013
- Updated NCE Airport Intro page - May 5, 2013
- Updated NCE Direct Flights page - Feb 21, 2013
- Updated NCE Main Terminals page - Jan 6, 2013