Manilla Ninoy Aquino (MNL) Airport
Manilla Ninoy Aquino MNL Airport Overview
Aquino Airport is located along the border between Pasay City and Parañaque City, about 7 km south the city border of Manila, the Capital of the Philippines, and southwest of Makati City. It can be reached directly via Naia Road, which connects to the Manila-Cavite Expressway.
With two runways and over 32 million passengers served annually, Manila International is at present hub for Cebu Pacific, Airphil Express, Philipine Airlines, SouthEast Asian Airlines & Zest Airways. It also is served by a good number of major international airlines, including United Airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Airport Terminal Fee Rules: 1. Domestic passengers will now have the fee included in their ticket when making reservations. 2. Transfer passengers need to pay the fee of Php 200 before boarding connecting flight.
The on-Airport Manila Airport Hotel is on Ninoy Aquino Avenue, near Terminal 1 & its parking facilities.
Manila International has four passenger terminals -T1 through T4 (T4 is the domestic terminal).
Future Airport developments: At least until 2016, both Clark (3 times larger than Aquino) & Aquino Airports are to be maintained separately - at least until 2016 - while sweeping measures to upgrade NAIA and its access roads are soon to take shape:
1. While an undisclosed U.S. source considered NAIA as being one of the world's ten 'worst airports' - in early December 2013, President Aquino declared that Terminal 1 is to be fully refurbished by 2016 (when he steps down).
2. Furthermore he ordered that both North & South Luzon Expressways are to be connected, as well as the Tarlac to La Union Expessway.
3. In January 2014, five international carriers were to be transferred from old Naia T1 to Naia T3
4. Philippine Airlines is currently contemplating on building 'an enirely new airport complex on some of San Miguel's land, just south of Manila's city center' (according to WSJ).
Pascay City 1300
- Website for Manilla Ninoy Aquino: http://184.108.40.206/miaa/
- Phone: +63 2 877 1109