East Midlands (EMA) Airport
East Midlands EMA Airport Overview
East Midlands Airport EMA is in the heart of England and serves its surrounding areas of East Midlands, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Northamptonshire, South Yorkshire and beyond.
The Airport is located near Castle Donnington, in northwest Leicestershire, off Ashby Road near motorway A453, and is 21 km southwest of Nottingham; it is easily accessible by train, car or bus from motorways M1 and M42. Driving from Nottingham, take the westbound A52 and join M1 at junction 25 southbound; drive southbound to exit at junction 24 and follow airport signs on A453.
With a long runway and an estimated 4.0 million passengers in 2012, East Midlands Airport is served by a host of low-cost domestic and international airlines and charters offering year-round and seasonal direct flights to numerous destinations and connections around the globe.
The Airport has agreements with Monarch & Flybe carriers, who can now access worldwide destinations via Paris de Gaulle Airport, due to their codeshare with Air France. Also, Ryanair and Jet2.com plan expansion of their services for the summer season.
On-Airport hotels: (a) 'Thistle East Midlands Airport' (tel. 0871 376 9015) with conference facilities; (b) Radisson Blu East Midland Airport Hotel, a full-service hotel.
East Midlands has one passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Midlad Airport: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
Rental car counters afor major agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the passenger terminal.
To get from East Midlands Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or take a bus:
1. Skylink buses serve Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, & Loughborough every 30 minutes daytime, every hour nighttime;
2. Airlink bus 155 serves Coalville daily every hour.
3. ndigo buses run hourly between Nottingham & Loughborough, and between Long Eaton & Kegworth.
4. The closest railway station is the 'East Midlands Parkway', 6.4 km from the Airport. Rail connections are available to Loughborough, Nottingham & Derby. A new pre-bookable shared taxi service offers direct connection. To guarantee your seat at a reduced rate of 4.50 Pounds you need to pre-book online at least 12 hours in advance, giving your telephone number & e-mai address, and receiving confirmation. If you do not prebook, you can call shared-taxi service Arrow Cars at 01332 814000; the wait is up to 15 minutes and the journey takes 10-15 minutes.
5. The Derby train station for travel north & west of the UK is served by Skylink bus every half hour.
6. The Nottingham train station for travel to the east of the UK is served by Skylink every half hour.
Present and future Airport deveopments: The Airport has started its 12 million pound upgrade project on the passenger terminal, involving extension of the arrivals area, environment-friendly pier, added airline gates, bus interchange,and other cosmetic & environmental changes. Work is to be completed by year-end 2013.
Derby, Leicestershire, DE74 2SA
- Website for East Midlands: http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com
- Contact: http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/emaweb.nsf/Content/ContactUs
- Phone: +44 1332 852 852
- View Terminal Map
East Midlands EMA Airport Update History
- EMA Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- EMA Airlines Served - Jun 24, 2013