LA Ontario ONT Airport Overview
Ontario International Airport ONT serves California's San Bernardino & Riverside counties, as well as portions of north Orange and east Los Angeles counties - an area with over six million residents. The Airport is medium-hub - particularly favored by executives wishing to avoid the delays and congestion of Los Angeles' LAX Airport. It also has less congestion on the runways, at the gates and at the centralized rental car center, and due to its long runways, it is often used as an alternate landing site for large aircraft when LAX is inaccessible as a result of weather conditions or other reasons.
ONT Airport is located in the town of Ontario, situated in the west end of San Bernardino County, and is only 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. It is accessible via three freeways: the San Bernardino (I-10), the Ontario (I-15), and the Pomona Freeway (SR 60) .
With two long runways and an estimated 4 milion passengers going thru its gates each year, Ontario International Airport is served by major U.S. airlines and by Aeromexico, offering direct flights throughout the U.S. & Mexico, with connections to all parts of the globe.
NOTE: Since 2007 passenger numbers have decreased by 30 percent and the Airport has long tried to sever ties with LAWA, the Los Angeles operator. The Westchester/ Playa del Rey Neighborhood Council endorsed bacl in 2011 a plan calling for the takeover of operations by an Inland Empire-based authority. However, LA World Airport is still in control. For developments regarding this transition, visit: ci.ontario.ca.us/index.cfm/71595 and scroll down to "News".
The passenger terminal complex at LA/Onario International consists of the new twin main Terminals 2 and 4 and the small International Arrivals Terminal, with nearly identical services and amenities.
Present & future Airport developments: In April 2013 agreement was reached to grade separate North Vineyard Avenue & Union Pacific Railroad (immediately north of the Airport). The 5-year grade separation project is to ease up traffic to the airport by eliminating current delays caused by rail traffic.
LA Ontario ONT Airport Update History
- ONT Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- ONT Airport Intro - Oct 12, 2013
- ONT Rental Cars - Oct 12, 2013
- ONT Main Terminals - Oct 12, 2013
- ONT Buses & Trains - Oct 4, 2013
- ONT Smoking - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Mail Center - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Official Website Links - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Parking On site - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Persons With Disabilities - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Pets - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Security - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Lost Found - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Internet - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Baggage Claim - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Banking ATM - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Business Services - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Carts Skycap - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Emergency - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Guest Services - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Int Arrivals - Sep 6, 2013
- ONT Email - Aug 6, 2013
- ONT Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013