Quad City MLI Airport Overview
Quad City International Airport MLI serves travelers throughout Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois due to its strategical location not only to the cities of Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island and Davenport, but also to the Iowa border. Multiple Highways lead to these cities and to the airport, particularly I-80 and I-280 - both of which connect to the terminal and parking facilities.
The Airport is located in Moline, Rock Island County, in the northwestern part of of Illinois, and is reached directly by Hwy 6, (exit to Frontage Road) or via Interstate 280, exit to I-74 Hwy south, intersection of to Hwy 6 & Airport exit to Frontage Road - leading to Terminals & parking facilities.
With a newly rehabilitated 10,000 foot runway, and 792,549 passengers in 2012, Quad City International is served by a few major airlines offering nonstop flights to major US hubs with connections around the world.
NOTE: 1. The passenger terminal opens its doors at 3:30am; while security screening starts at 4am.
2. Passengers are expected by most of MLI's airlines to be at their boarding gate 30 mins prior to scheduled departure.
The new passenger terminal at Kalamazoo / Battle Creek Airport recently completed its terminal project by adding an expansions to the security checkpoint, the baggage claim area & the rental car facilities. Covered passenger boarding is now available for all flights and second-level gates boarding. Natural light is now being used more efficiently.
The ground level has outside the baggage claim a Met Stop. Inside it is divided (at the Hanging airplane) into:
(a) the departures area with doors 5, 2 & 1 leading to the airline check-in counters, information counter, vending machines, security check and access to the gate areas of Concourse A (left) with gates A1-A6, and Concourse B (right) with gates B5-B17.
(b) the arrivals area with rental car counters, ATM machine, hotel shuttle & taxi information board, to baggage carousels, a restaurant/bar & game & passenger greeting areas.
Amenities and services in the terminal include on-airport rental car agencies, the Flight Deck Cafe, The Old Fisherman's pub, free WiFi access, a shoe shine stand, a visitor information booth (tel. 800-747-7800), an ATM machine, a real estate company, skycaps, the AZO Relaxation Section, courtesy hones, gift shop. Concourse B has work charging stations, a business center, & vending machines.
Current airlines serving the terminal: Allegiant, American, Delta & United airlines.
Upon completion of the new air-traffic control tower by 2013, the old passenger terminal may be demolished or used for other purposes.
Picking up/ dropping off a passenger: The inside and outside pick-up and drop-off lanes are open for attended cars only--you may pick up/drop off passengers there during a short grace period, but you must stay with your vehicle at all times.
Other parking options at Quad City Airport include short- and long-term parking, and you can park in either lot.
There are multiple Long-Term parking entrances as you follow the frontage road in from the interstate, or airport road, but there is only one Short-Term parking lot entrance which may be accessed from the left lanes as you approach the terminal building.
At the parking lot exit use the right lane for credit card express.
If you miss the Short-Term entrances, you must circle around the frontage road again. Follow signs to 'return to terminal'.
For more parking information call 309-764-9621.
Rental car counters for major agencies have parking stalls outside of Exit 7, or you can contact them inside the baggage claim area by using the phone board at the baggage claim area, which indicates a 2-digit free calling number.
To get from Quad City Inernational Airport to your destination, you have the option of renting a car, taking a taxi, or a bus: Taxis may be available in designated parking stalls outside of Exit 7 or they can be contacted by using the phone board at the baggage claim area, which shows the complimentary two-digit phone number for rates and services.
1. Taxi or shuttle serices: Airport Express (800-383-2219 or 319-626-5466 - or visit limosbyexpress.com); Eastern Iowa Shuttle Service (800-8800-4269 or 563-321-1900 - or visit eishuttle.com)l Quad Cities Driver (309-721-7150 or visit quadcitiesdriver.com).
2. Public Bus service: MetroLINK Bus Route 20 (309-788-3360) - referred to as '20 blue' - stops in front of the terminal twice an hour, 16 and 46 mins after the hour, Mon-Fri 6:10am-6:10pm, and Saturdays 8:40am-6:10pm.
Quad City MLI Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- MLI Baggage Carts / Skycap
- MLI Banking / ATM Services
- MLI Business Services
- MLI Emergency / Medical Services
- MLI Guest Services
- MLI Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Quad City MLI Airport Update History
- Updated MLI Airport Intro page - May 16, 2013
- Updated MLI Airports page - May 16, 2013
- Updated MLI Food & Stores page - Apr 1, 2013
- Updated MLI Parking On site page - Mar 26, 2013
- Updated MLI Direct Flights page - Mar 5, 2013