Quad City MLI Airport Overview
QCIA Airport is located in Moline, Rock Island County, in the northwestern part of of Illinois, and is reached directly by Hwy 6, (exit to Frontage Road) or via Interstate 280.
With a newly rehabilitated 10,000 foot runway, and about 760K passengers a year, Quad City International is served by a few major airlines offering nonstop flights to major US hubs with connections around the world.
- The passenger terminal opens its doors at 3:30am; while security screening starts at 4am.
- Most of MLI's airlines expect passengers to be at their boarding gate 20-30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. However, note that Allegiant's check-in counter hours are scheduled for only one hour after each of its scheduled departures; therefore, call the Airport office at 309-764-2621 and write down the available times.
- Save time/money with paperless boarding, avoiding the $5 charge if ticket agent needs to print your boarding pass.
- TSA will continue to accept valid driver’s licenses and ID cards issued by all states until January 22, 2018.
The new Airport Holiday Inn Express hotel is adjacent to Airport property.
The new passenger terminal at QCIA with Concourses A & B recently completed its terminal project by adding an expansions to the security checkpoint, the baggage claim area & the rental car facilities. Covered passenger boarding is now available for all flights and second-level gates boarding. Natural light is now being used more efficiently. Free WiFi is available throughout the terminal.
The ground level has outside of the baggage claim a MET bus stop. Inside the terminal is divided (at the Hanging airplane) into:
- the departures area with doors 5, 2 & 1 leading to the airline check-in counters, information counter, vending machines, security check and access to the gate areas of Concourse A (left) with gates A1-A6, and Concourse B (right) with gates B7-B17 and a business center across from gate B9.
- the arrivals area with rental car counters, ATM machine, hotel shuttle & taxi information board, to baggage carousels, a restaurant/bar & game & passenger greeting areas. A new visitor center is in the baggage claim area and there is also a kiosk with touch-screen for tourist information.
Airlines currently serving the Terminal: (destinations may change after Feb. 2017)
- Allegiant - tel. 702-505-8888; to Las Vegas, Orlando-Sanford, Phoenix-Mesa, Punta Gorda (seasonal), St. Petersburg/ Clearwater.
- American - tel. 800-443-7300; to Chicago O'Hare & Dallas-Fort Worth
- Delta - tel. 800-221-1212; to Atlanta, Detroit & Minneapolis- St.Paul
- United - tel. 800-864-8331; to Chicago & Denver.
Public transportation : (Taxis may be available in designated parking stalls outside of Exit 7 or they can be contacted by using the phone board at the baggage claim area, which shows the complimentary two-digit phone number for rates and services. )
- The MetroLINK Bus Route '20 blue' (309-788-3360 - or visit: www.gogreenmetro.com) stops in front of the terminal twice an hour, at 16 and 46 mins after the hour, Mon-Fri 6:10am-6:10pm, and Saturdays 8:40am-6:10pm (no bus service on major holidays!). For after hour departure on demand call 309-788-3360.
- For rural destinations (Rock Island & Mercer Counties) the RIM Rural Transit system links to the MetroLink and other providers. For more information visit www.ridetherim.org.