Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Free unlimited WiFi, including streaming, is now available.
The passenger terminal complex at Leonardo da Vinci Airport presently has four passenger terminals - connected terminals T1, T2; large T3 with separate new International Boarding Area E & its Pier; and small & separate T5 located southwest of T3. All 4 terminals serve both domestic international flights. Terminals 1, 2 & 3 are connected at their ground levels to their respective gate areas, while separate Terminal 5 - located across from Office Tower 1- can be reached by shuttle bus from T3.
- All International 'Non-Schengen' flight arrivals, including U.S. flights*, arrive at Terminal 3, at either Gates G or H. From there, passengers go through immigration (passport control) and - if transferring to another flight - proceed to their connecting terminal & gate (provided that their bags are being transferred by their first airline to the second airline) and/or to to the Arrivals level for baggage retrieval, and to the Arrivals Hall (pre-security area) for meeting friends or exiting the terminal.
Business Services are provided by:
- On-Airport Hilton Rome Hotel (accessible from T1, T2 T3 via pedetrian walkway) also offers meeting & conference facilities (open: www3.hilton.com);
- Atahotel Executive Center at T1 offers meeitng rooms, and business center tel. +39 (0)6 6501 0100.
- Major airlines also provide their own lounges with related facilities.
Passenger Dropoff/ Kiss&Fly :
- The Kiss&Go area - a controlled traffic zone (ZTC) and signs will guide you to it - is for drivers headed for Terminals 1, 2 3 - allowing for a 15-min. stop in that area; however, if friends & passenger/s will want to stay longer they may add up to two half-hour periods, each at EUR2.5.
- Also the Breve Sosta (Quick Stop) parking at T1 & T3's arrivals level is free for first 15 mins.
Getting around at LDV Airport:
- When connecting from gate to gate, follow signs to "Boarding Area" (gates B through H). All boarding areas are inter-connected, except Terminal 5's satellite boarding area G, which needs a shuttle: the shuttle train from T5, near the entrance to the H gates, runs beween T5 & T3.
- Free shuttles run daily between all terminals & carparks, every 15 mins; during 1am-5am request shuttle service, using the intercom located at every shuttle stop.
- Foreign-language passengers may visit one of the Airport's mini-sites for any Airport information in Chinese, Russion, French & Japanese.
- The regional COTRAL bus stops outside of T1's arrivals level; Hotel courtesy shuttles & buses to City Center are in the parking area across from T3's arrivals level.
- The subterranean train station can be reached from Terminal 3 - go to level 2 and follow signs.
- Which Terminal to depart from: Note that H & G Gates are now acessible at Baording Aerea E.
- T1 serves domestic flights; Schengen & Alitalia medium-haul flights; domestic & Schengen flights operated by Air Berlin, Air Europa, Air France HOP!, Luxair, Compagnie Aerienne Corse, Etihad Regional-Darwin Airline, Air Berlin, Niki & Air Serbia.
- T2 serves domestic flights, Schengen & non-Schengen flights of Ryanair, Wizzair, Blue Air, Air Moldova, Sun Express & Meridiana, with the exception of long-haul flights and flights to Olbia using T3.
- T3 serves domestic Schengen and nonSchengen flights
- T5 offers dircect flights to the U.S. and Israel - operated by U.S. & Israeli airlines.
* N O T E ! Since Dec. 1, 2016, Gates G & H are now "Boarding Areas E". It is suggested that passengers, upon arrival, check their boarding pass and ask ADR personnel.
Terminal 1 of LDV Airport - with Boarding Area B with gates B1-B30 (for gates B14-23 and B27-30 take the escalator down) is erved by: Air Berlin, Air Europa, Air France, Air Serbia, Alitalia (using also T3), Companie Aerienne Corse XK, Etihad Regional - Darwin Airline, HOP!, KLM, Luxair, Mistal Air & Niki.
T1 with check-in 101-172, has access to all gates B,C,D,G,H. Also the domestic Arrivals level is shared with T2.
Terminal 2 of LDV Airport with Boarding Areas C & D is a small terminal connected at the arrivals level to Terminal 1. It houses Boarding Area C. For railway station access go to level 2 & follow train sign. TC currently handles domestic, Schengen & non-Schengen flights by Air Moldova, Blue Air, Meridiana (also in T3), Ryanair, Sun Express & Wizzair.
T2 with check-in 173-190 leads at ground level to gates C1-C7 and by elevator /escalator to gates C1-16, gates D1-D10, and to G & gates 1-14 - and at opposite side to B gates. Note that T2's non-Schengen flights are boarded from Gate G/H.
Terminal 3 of LDV Airport with Boarding Area E - the largest terminal, linked to the subway train - serves Domestic, Schengen & non-Schengen flights of 76 airlines not itemized at T1, T2, & T5. T3 has been renovated - with an entire interior & exterior pavement, LED lighting, modernized restrooms, new security checkpoints, passport control & customs facility, as well as renovation of its public areas and a new glass facade.
The Arrivals level of Terminal 3 has 5 exit doors and has baggage carousels 4 - 11. The Arrivals hall offers food & drink establishments and shops, Information desks, ATM machines, with escalators to the baggage claim area with lost & found counters.
The Departures level, with five entrances to the check-in Hall, houses ticket counters at entrances, and in the center between the two check-in areas a tourist information counter, the Special Assistance Lounge, & ATM machine. The main area is divided into two check-in areas, leading to security check & passport control, and to the respective gates:
- To the right: check-in rows 290-201 (divided into 273-290, 249-272, 225-248 and 201-224) lead, after customs & security check, to gates B,C, D.
- To the left: check-in rows 300-431 (divided into 300-326, 327-248, 349-373 & 374-431) lead, after security check, to the E gates:
- While 8 of the airline gates are located on the ground level of the shopping mall, another 14 gates are located at the new Pier of the new Interntional Bording Area E.
New International Boarding Area E with Extra-Schengen Boarding opened in December 2016 and covers an area of 90,000 sq.meters (doubling Extra-Schengen area capacity and accommodating an added 6M passengers annually). It offers an exclusive shopping gallery, with top 'Made in Italy' products of luxury and food & wine sectors.
- The innovative Pier with 14 airline gates (7 for wide-bodied aircraft) offers innovative boarding & disembarking exits, enabling taxiing of largest aircraft (some are equpped with piers on two levels, serving both levels of the large aircraft simultaneously. The Pier's basement level offers two new baggage handling systems for departure and intransit passengers (HBS Hold Baggage Screening) & BHS (Bagging Handling System).
- The eclusive Shopping Gallery - one of the largest among EU hubs,offer a fashion-luxury sector with 40 outlets, inlcuding best Italian & intrnational brands), and 10 high-quality and diversified restaurants.
- The Boarding /Disembaking Pier with 14 airline gates
Terminal 5 of LDV Airport for U.S. & Israel passenger clearance and access to Boarding Area E* is exclusively for security-sensitive flights to the United States and Israel, operated by their respective airlines (currently American, Delta, El Al, Israir, Srilankan & United airlines). T5 has one level, with 3 entrances, an Information desk, special assistance lounge, police station, check-in desks 501-520, 521-535, 536-550, a VAT Refund, security check with nearby oversize baggage, followed by passpot check and access to E gates. Amenities & services include a restaurant, shops, ATM machine, pharmacy, special security checks & passport control.
* NOTE however that Boarding Area E is at T3 - passengers on arrival should check their boarding pass and ask ADR personnel. The change was made to accommodate the new Extra Schengen boarding area.
Services and amenities inside the terminals include countless concessions for food & drink, shops & duty-free stores (The 'Rome Airport Shopping Gallery' is Europe's largest shopping mall, with its 'West Satellite' catering to international passengers); Information counters in the Arrivals Hall (+39 (0) 665-953-640) & information touch-screen computers; ATM machines, bank branches, foreign currency exchange and a Post Office (in T1); a business center (details listed separately); pharmacies in T-1 & T3; First Aid station, tel. 953 133/4, and the vaccination clinic, tel. 011-438. Left baggage room is at T3 ground floor, international arrivals. Interdenominational chapels are in T2 & T3.
A porter service is located at the arrivals and departure areas of the Airport. Service can be pre-booked by either fax (+39(0) 665-955-995) or by calling +39 (0)665-957-510/4054.
Lounges (both VIP lounges offer computers with internet access & showers):
VIP lounge Mosaici (tel. 39(0) 665-957-360) is in Terminal B;
VIP lounge le Anfore (tel. +39(0)665-954-151) is in Termical C.
The new Emirates Lounge is in Terminal 3's airside transit area - right after passport control - serving First & Business Class members, and Platinum & Gold members of Emirates Skywards.