Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Metro to Terminal A
How long does it typically take by foot to get from t [more]ch21095 09/13/2017
I only have a 48 minutes layover from gate 35X to ga [more]Les 08/28/2017
We're Flying American from from RDU to DCA to Laguard [more]BC 08/26/2017
Amtrak to National
This Sunday, my train gets to Union Station at 7 and [more]Jae 08/16/2017
Reagan National Airport ( DCA ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The Airport's elevated Metrorail station is connected to the Concourse Level of Terminals B & C. There is also an elevator at the platform's center, while a sloped sidewalk at ground level connects to both pedestrian bridges - follow signs.
Free shuttle buses run between Economy parking, Satellite Lot, Garage/Rental Cars, Metrorail & the Terminals.
The passenger terminal complex at Reagan National Airport consists of a large Main Terminal, divided into three Terminal sections TA, TB & TC: Terminal A (forming the semi-circle at its west-end) and 3-level Terminals B & C. No shuttles are needed transferring between terminals. If you arrive at the Airport via Metrorail's blue or yellow lines, you will arrive at Terminals B & C via enclosed pedestrian bridge. The multi-level parking garages for hourly & daily parking are across from Terminals C/B, connecting on the lower level to Terminal A's hourly/daily parking garage with rental car pickup, and to a pedestrian tunnel with moving sidewalks.
- Reagan National Airport does not have a US Customs facility; therefore, passengers from participating airports in Canada & some other countries must clear customs at their home airport .
- DCA has a TSA Pre-Security check available for select frequent flyers and for military active-duty service members (contact TSA 571-227-2829). It is presently available at Terminal B, South checkpoint - for Delta Airlines. Eligible at present are also Trusted Travelers, Global Entry, SENTRI & NEXUS members.
- The newly available CLEAR Registered Traveler Program is another option to reduce wait time at security checkpoints
- American Airlines (AA) passengers: American Airlines operates out of both Terminals B & C. For departing AA passengers, curbside dropoff points & ticket counters offer three options - AA Priority, AA Shuttle (relocated to TB) and AA. Arriving AA passenges claim checked bags at Terminal B/C, lower level.
Terminal A of Reagan National - with current gates 1 to 9 - is presently served by Air Canada, Frontier, Southwest, & Sun Country. On the main level are baggage claim, ticket counters and security check leading to gateway with gates 1 to 9. A pedestrian walkway with moving sidewalks connects to Garage A.
NOTE: Terminal A completed its renovation project with an improved curbside check-in; new ticketing counters, lobby upgrades, custom tile flooring & enhanced lighting, new outbound baggage facility, remodeled information desks and a new security screening checkpoint. It has also added more food options, iPads with charging stations & a full-service spa.
Terminal B* of Reagan National with:
Gates 10 to 22 (Alaska, Delta, Delta Shuttle & United);
Gates 23 to 34 (American, American Shuttle, JetBlue & Virgin America);
Terminal C* of Reagan National with gates 35-45 is presently served by American.
Both Terminals B & C, and their B/C gate areas have recently added more concessions, including new restaurants of local, U.S. and foreign fare with essence on high quality and service.
* NOTE: On a long-term basis, 'Terminal B/C' undergo redevelopment for better passenger service & efficiency, with a new concourse (replacing the current hardstands) & relocated security checkpoints (see details at the bottom of the Introductory page).
Terminal B/C's redevelopment, which started in 2015 and is to be completed by 2020, will offer contact gate facilities, a secure connection between concourses, while the current 14 hardstands at the north side will be replaced and the security checkpoint relocated for improved access to gate areas without the need of rescreening.
New Food & Drink and Retail Concessions at Reagan Airport: DCA Airport has been busy transforming and enhancing its shopping and dining areas with a new wave of food & retail options - mainly in the post-security A & B gate areas. Food for on-board consumption at TA: (a) Cibo Walk-Thru Market at both pre- & post-security areas; and (b) Meridian Deli at post-security. More stores and restaurants will open until Summer 2017.
Passenger Pickup Areas: Other than parking your car in the Cell Phone Waiting Area and awaiting your call for pickup at the curb, you have the following options to pick up a passenger closest to the arrivals gate:
- Gates 1-9 of Terminal A: use Daily Garage A, with underground walkway to terminal; Gates 10-45 of Terminal B or C: use Hourly Garage B or C, take elevated walkways to concourse level and go down one level to Arrivals.
- Meet passengers outside security screening of: Gates 1-9 on main level of Terminal A; Gates 10-22 at south end of T-B, concourse level; Gates 23-34 at center of T-B/C, concourse level; and Gates 35-45 at north end of T-C, concourse level.