American airline arrival &departure
Which terminal and where to parkT.A. 06/19/2017
Horizon Air flying for Alaska
Which terminal does Horizon Air flight out of at SAN?pparrsih 05/30/2017
Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 and back
I'm flying into and out of Terminal 1 on Alaska. No [more]PW 05/28/2017
Southwest concourse to terminal 2
Can I get from the Southwest Airlines concourse in te [more]MS 05/21/2017
SAN Airport is only a few miles to the center of San Diego, California, and is only 20 miles from the Mexican border. It is conveniently situated on North Harbor Drive, off Interstate Hwy I-5, offering connections to S.R. 163, I-8 and I-15. The area is known for its mild climate, plentiful beaches and world-class attractions like the San Diego Zoo and Sea World.
With 20 million passengers in 2016, San Diego Airport is served by major airlines and regional jet services, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Southwest is its dominant carrier.
San Diego Airport has two Terminals - T1 & T2 - connected by walkway. For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.)
Current Airlines, their telephone numbers, operating hours, and Terminal location:
Air Canada at T2, tel. 888-247-2262, 3 hours prior to scheduled departure;
Alaska at T1, tel. 800-252-7522, 4-12am;
Allegiant at T2, tel. 702-505-8888, 2 hrs prior to scheduled departure;
American at T2, tel. 800-433-7300, 4am-12am;
British Airways at T2, tel. 800-247-9297, Sun-Thu 2:30-6:15pm; Fri-Sat 3:15-6:45pm;
Delta at T2, tel. 800-247-9297, 4am-12am;
Frontier at T1, tel. 800-432-1349, 4:10-7:10am; 9:15am -12:15pm; 7:30pm-1:30am;
Hawaiian at T2, tel. 800-367-5320, 2 hrs prior to departure;
JAL JapanT2, tel. 800-538-2583, Sun-Fri; 8:45am-2pm, Sat. 7:15pm-10:30pm;
Southwest at T1, tel. 800-435-9792, 4:15am-12am;
Spirit at T2, tel. 801-401-2222, 5:15am-1:5pm; 4:55-8:25pm;
SunCountry at T2 , tel. 800-359-6786, 7:30-10:00am Sun & Thur; 3-5:40pm, Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri;
United at T2, tel. 800-864-8331, 4am-12am;
Virgin America at T2, tel. 877-359-8474, 4am-12am;
WestJet at T2, tel. 888-937-8538, 8:30am-12:30pm (closed Tues, Thur).
- Arrive at the Airport prior to your scheduled flight - two hours for domestic, three hours for international departures - during busy morning and late afternoon hours - particularly during summer time! The TSA checkpoint has extra long lines due to lack of available staff.
- Global Entry technology and APC's (Automatic passport Control kiosks) are now available
- The Cross-Border Terminal will enable passengers to cross directly from Tijuana Airport in Mexico, via new U.S. Customs & Border Protection station in Otay Mesa (south of San Diego, on U.S. ground) - by taking the 160-foot pedestrian 'Tijuana Cross Border Bridge' - thereby allowing ticketed passengers to cross the bridge in either directions at a fee.
- The new Customs station at Otay Mesa lowers waiting times and boosts cross-border tourism.
- The new Rental Car Center (RCC) houses most of the rental car agencies serving the Airport. Shuttle service is available to /from the Terminals by new alternative-fuel shuttle buses. While RCC currently houses 14 rental agencies, ample space allows for up to 19, and for 5,000 cars.
- WiFi Service was upgraded in Jan. 2017, inceasing bandwidth speeds up to 30 times faster than before.
San Diego International Airport now has two passenger terminals – T1, T2 (T1 of which will eventually be replaced by a new T1.
Present & Future Airport Developments:
- Construction started Sept. 2016 on the new 3-level Parking Plaza with about 3,000 parking spaces and 7 elevators - located in front of T2. During this time, passengers may use the 1,300 spaces in T2 and 1,200 spaces in T1. The new Parking Plaza will include the latest technology (a cell phone application to reserve parking space, pay in advance and find car upon return).
- Terminal 2 West: Appoval was received in March 2017 by the Airport Authority Board for construction of Terminal 2 West's new Federal Inspection Services facility (housing Customs & Border Protection and other international passenger arrival services) - scheduled to open in June 2018.