connecting from T2 to International terminal
I booked a flight running by Alakan Air from Seattle [more]daniel 4 hr ago
How much does it cost for 18 hours parking at domesti [more]Sergey 10/10/2017
T1 to T3 tight connection alaska air to united
Hoq do i do this?Mathisfun 10/09/2017
Tight connection time both way through SFO
Hi, Just booked a ticket from New York to New Zeala [more]CC 10/07/2017
Furthermore, in March 2016 SFO Airport received from ACI 'Level 3 of Airport Carbon Accreditation' - the first among California airports and second only to North American airpots. While the SFO has already reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 38 percent, its goal is to reach another 25 percent carbon reduction by 2017. In March 2017, SF received the 'Acterra Award for Sustainability.
San Francisco Airport is located next to the cities of Millbrae & San Bruno, in San Mateo County, 13 miles south of San Francisco, and situated near the junction of Highway 101 and Interstate 380, with easy connection on Hwy 280 between San Jose & San Francisco.
With four long runways and 53.1 million passengers in 2016, San Francisco International Airport is hub to United and Virgin America airlines, and is served by a multitude of domestic and international carriers offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. International traffic at SFO showed the highest increase of all U.S. Airports.
- For current traffic information, call 511 from within the San Francisco Bay Area, or 510.817.1717 from outside.
- For Airport Paging call 1-800-435-9736
- For US Customs call 650-837-2876
- For TSA Security call 866-289-9673 or visit tsa.gov.
- For Baggage storage, wrapping & shipping - contact the Airport Travel Agency at 650-877-0422.
- For Lost /Found items:
. items lost at security checkpoint: call 800-764-8050 or e-mail LostandFound@covenantsecurity.com
. items lost onboard the aircraft: call your airline
- For WiFi support call 855-415-9434
- Airport Butler service at SFO - a first in the U.S. - now provides to any paying passenger pre-arranged VIP services (meeting curbside, expediting check-in with advance baggage tags & boarding passes; and assist at security checkpoint & beyond.
- The 'new Exploratorium @ SFO' store - is a museum of science, art & human perception.
To expedite getting in/out of the Airport use FasTrak-designated lanes, make use of the Airport's CLEAR, PreCheck, Global Entry programs, of APC kiosks and MPC mobile passport control. Check https://travel.state.gov/passports to assure that your passport is still being accepted. Mobile Passport Control (MPC) allows eligible passengers to bypass regular queue by submitting passport info & customs delcaration form to CBP via smartphone/ tablet prior to arrival, and then valid for 4 hours.
IMPORTANT NOTICES: Due to ongoing construction on new Terminal 1 (T1)*, the following roadway & curbside areas and connecting walkway are closed until Fall 2018:
- T1's Arrival level: The lane closest to T1 closed from Doors 01 - 10; Arrivals-level curbside access for Southwest, Delta and Frontier now starts at Door 11.
- T1's Departure level: The Lane closest to T1 is closed from Doors 01 - 05. Departure-level curbside access for Southwest, Delta and Frontier starts at Door 06. (Southwest Airline moved its ticket counter closer to Frontier and Delta Airlines).
- Connecting walkway between the International Boarding Area A and T1 is closed - take the AirTrain instead.
- Avoid traffic around terminals by using the Kiss & Fly, located at the Rental Car Center, for both drop-offs and pick-ups. From the Kiss & Fly, all terminals can be reached within six-minutes via the AirTrain.
- Passenger pickup: Use the free Cell phone Lot (adjacent to the long-term parking facility, only 5 minutes from the terminals.
- All passenger drop-off / pick-up of Alaska, Hawaiian, Jet Blue & Sun Country airlines must be done at the International Terminal.
- Drivers heading for T2 or T3: stay at left-hand lanes, bypassing traffic at T1; only switch to right-hand lanes when reaching entry lanes for T2 or T3.
- Connecting between terminals - you have only one choice to get from International Terminal to T1 or T2 - using the Air Train. If connecting from International Terminal to T3, you can either walk or take the AiTrain.On-Airport Hotel: Hyatt Hotels Corp builds (but SFO will own) a new 350-room Grand Hyatt Hotel near the Airport entrance - with direct access to terminals via AirTrain - housing a huge flexible meeting space, a 24/7 business center, healthclub & spa, indoor pool, whirlpool & sauna; and full-service and casual restaurants, sushi bar & rooftop cocktail lounge. Construction started June 2017 and is to open by July 2019.
San Francisco Airport has four passenger terminals - the International Terminal and Domestic Terminals T1, T2 & T3. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the deailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transport open 'Transportation'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
- The Terminal 1' $2.4B Redevelopment Project, started in June 2016 with a first order of business to create a temporary Boarding Area B (BAB) with 9 fully-operational gates. (The old South Terminal's current facilties will be demolished and reconstruction of new central & boarding areas will be created). New Boarding Area B is to have 24 gates (6 for international arrivals with direct access to US Customs/ Federal inspection area). The project also includes development of a new centralized security checkpoint, new baggage handling system, dining & retail concessions & connecting walkways. Walkways will offer easy access from security check to international boarding areas A & C. A new mezzanine level will offer connections to the AirTrain and the central parking garage. Work will be done in phases up to 2024.