Is 3hrs enough to connect between my Qantas (Int) and VA (dom) flight?
Hi, I'm on a Qantas flight arriving San Francisco fr [more]Rachel 3 hr ago
international arrival and connection time
I arrive at SFO on SAS from Denmark at 2:45 pm, and w [more]Helen Yesterday
One reservation: FRA-SFO by LH International terminal [more]Mario Yesterday
Terminal 2 (AS) to International (CX)
Hi, I am arriving SFO (From SEA) in Alaska Air (Ter [more]frothyst 08/17/2017
Furthermore, in March 2016 SFO Airport received from ACI 'Level 3 of Airport Carbon Accreditation' - the first among California airports and second only to North American airpots. While the SFO has already reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 38 percent, its goal is to reach another 25 percent carbon reduction by 2017. In March 2017, SF received the 'Acterra Award for Sustainability.
San Francisco Airport is located next to the cities of Millbrae & San Bruno, in San Mateo County, 13 miles south of San Francisco, and situated near the junction of Highway 101 and Interstate 380, with easy connection on Hwy 280 between San Jose & San Francisco.
With four long runways and 53.1 million passengers in 2016, San Francisco International Airport is hub to United and Virgin America airlines, and is served by a multitude of domestic and international carriers offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. International traffic at SFO showed the highest increase of all U.S. Airports.
- Airberlin started in May 2017 nonstop four weekly flights to Berlin, Germany on its Airbus 330-200 aircraft.
- Thomas Cook, the charter operator, started in May 2017 service to Manchester, UK on its Airbus A330-200.
For current traffic information, call 511 from within the San Francisco Bay Area, or 510.817.1717 from outside.
For Airport Paging call 1-800-435-9736
For US Customs call 650-837-2876
For TSA Security call 866-289-9673 or visit tsa.gov.
For Baggage storage, wrapping & shipping - contact the Airport Travel Agency at 650-877-0422.
** During the 2017 Summer Season the Airport strongly suggests that passenger will add extra time to get to their scheduled departures: For domestic flights, depart your house 2 hours and for international flights three hours, prior to your scheduled flight! Available parking will be tight - it is recommended to take public transportation! After long-term parking is full, more spaces are available adjacent to it at Lot D with same daily rate of $25; Use FasTrak-designated lanes to expedite getting in/out of the Airport. (Please refer to separate 'Transportation: 'Buses/Trains' , 'Parking', and to 'Terminal Map', which also offers detailed terminal information. If possible, make use of the Airport's CLEAR, PreCheck, Global Entry programs, of APC kiosks and MPC mobile passport control. Check https://travel.state.gov/passports to assure that your passport is still being accepted. Mobile Passport Control (MPC) allows eligible passengers to bypass regular queue by submitting passport info & customs delcaration form to CBP via smartphone/tablet prior to arrival. - then valid for 4 hours.**
IMPORTANT NOTICES: Weekend closures due to runway rahabilitation are now completed.
Due to ongoing construction on new Terminal 1 (T1)*, the following roadway & curbside areas and connecting walkway are closed until Fall 2018:
- T1's Arrival level: The lane closest to T1 closed from Doors 01 - 10; Arrivals-level curbside access for Southwest, Delta and Frontier now starts at Door 11.
- T1's Departure level: The Lane closest to T1 is closed from Doors 01 - 05. Departure-level curbside access for Southwest, Delta and Frontier starts at Door 06. (Southwest Airline moved its ticket counter closer to Frontier and Delta Airlines).
- Connecting walkway between the International Boarding Area A and T1 is closed - take the AirTrain instead.
- Avoid traffic around terminals by using the Kiss & Fly, located at the Rental Car Center, for both drop-offs and pick-ups. From the Kiss & Fly, all terminals can be reached within six-minutes via the AirTrain.
- Passenger pickup: Use the free Cell phone Lot (adjacent to the long-term parking facility, only 5 minutes from the terminals.
- All passenger drop-off / pick-up of Alaska, Hawaiian, Jet Blue & Sun Country airlines must be done at the International Terminal.
- Drivers heading for T2 or T3: stay at left-hand lanes, bypassing traffic at T1; only switch to right-hand lanes when reaching entry lanes for T2 or T3.
- Connecting between terminals - you have only one choice to get from International Terminal to T1 or T2 - using the Air Train. If connecting from International Terminal to T3, you can either walk or take the AiTrain.
- A new GPS landing system is now in place and will enhance on-time flights performance.
- CLEARlanes available to subscribing members, get them through security check quickly.
- Airport Butler service at SFO - a first in the U.S. - now provides to any paying passenger pre-arranged VIP services (meeting curbside, expediting check-in with advance baggage tags & boarding passes; and assist at security checkpoint & beyond.
- The 'new Exploratorium @ SFO' store - is a museum of science, art & human perception.
On-Airport Hotel under construction: Hyatt Hotels Corp builds (but SFO will own) a 350-room Grand Hyatt Hotel near the Airport entrance - with direct access to terminals via AirTrain. It will house a huge flexible meeting space, a 24/7 business center, healthclub & spa, indoor pool, whirlpool & sauna; and will have full-service and casual restaurants, sushi bar & rooftop cocktail lounge. Construction started June 20, 2017 and opening is scheduled for July 2019.
San Francisco Airport has four passenger terminals - Domestic Terminals 1, 2 & 3 & International Terminal. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the deailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
- The Terminal 1' $2.4B Redevelopment Project, started in June 2016 with groundbeaking - with a first order of business to create a temporary Boarding Area B (BAB) with 9 fully-operational gates. (The old South Terminal's current facilties will be demolished and reconstruction of new central & boarding areas will be created). New Boarding Area B is to have 24 gates (6 for international arrivals with direct access to US Customs/ Federal inspection area). The project also includes development of a new centralized security checkpoint, new baggage handling system, dining & retail concessions & connecting walkways. Walkways will offer easy access from security check to international boarding areas A & C. A new mezzanine level will offer connections to the AirTrain and the central parking garage. Work will be done in phases up to 2024.
- The old Air Traffic Control tower has been demolished.