Arriving and departing from T3 at Gru
Is there passport/security control between fights in [more]Paula 3 hr ago
1 hour for connection flight
hi there, I am booked in a flight from Rio to Sao Pau [more]Sarine 07/10/2017
Liquids During Terminal Change
Hello, we will change Gates at GRU (arriving at 2 Lea [more]JAN 12/30/2016
Info on terminals
I will be arriving from campo grande arriving at term [more]*** 12/07/2016
GRU Airport can be reached directly from Rod Helio Schmidt Highway and is located in the district of Cumbica, city of Guarulhos, in the greater metropolitan area of the City of Sao Paulo - 25 km northeast of of its city center. The Tropic of Capricorn passes directly through the southern tip of the Airport. Guarulhos Airport is accessible by both the Presidente Dutra and the Ayrton Senna motorways, which connect directly to the Rodovia Helio Smidt (SP-019) acccess road into the Airport.
With two long runways and about 38 million passenges in 2016, Sao Paul Guarulhos International is served by major domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- GRU utilizes the 'Mobile Apps Scan and Go' - upload your your boarding pass onto your I-phone, then simply scan it there.
- International departures have their busiest departure hours in the evening (arrive three hours ahead of scheduled flight), while international arrivals have their busiest hours in the morning (making the immigration lines particularly slow-moving).
- 'Tryp by Wyndham Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport' is is in the post-security area of a passenger terminal. The 80-room hotel is in Terminal 3, level 1's transit area - tel. +55 (11) 2445-8100 or open: www.tryyphotels.com.
- 'Fast Sleep' (part of the Slaveiro Hotel chain) offers 40 rooms and 6 suites at Terminal 2's public area - domestic arrivals east. Tel. +55 (11) 2445-2356 or visit: www.fastsleep.com.br
Guarulhos International Airport now has three passengers terminals - T1, new T2 and T3 - each with their assigned airlines:
Terminal 1 with check-in area A and gates 101-109, and an Arivals area at its western end, offers domestic flights by Azul and Passaredo. A shuttle bus outside serves T2 & %3.
- T2's Departure level has check-in areas B - E (B & C for east concourse, D & E for West Concourse. Near the entrance of the concourses is access to VIP lounges. After check-in procedure, passengers pass security check and proceed to either the Mezzanine level or directly to their gates at the Concourses.
- T2's Mezzanine level can be reached from the east or west side of the check-in area and offers additional services and amenities.
- T2's Concourses: The west Concourse houses gates 224-246; the east Concourse houses gates 201-219.
- T2's Arrivals level houses the Customs facilities and baggage claim areas, information counter, rental car & transportation-related services, and access to outside transportation.
T2 offers food & drink, and retail concessions in most of its terminal facilities, and currency exchange at Departure Check-in C & D, at post-security; and at Mezzanine Check-in D & E, departure & arrival.
Note that T2's public area houses sleep accommodations - see 'On-Airport Hotels' above.
- T3's Departure level houses check-in rows H, G & F, with entry thereafter to passport control and security check, amenities & services, and access to the Concourse /Pier and to VIP lounges. T3 offers shops (apparel & acessories, cosmetics, books/news, gifts, electronics & drugstore. It also offers restaurants, bars, snack venues and coffe & ice cream shops. Currentcy exchange services are available at check-in G, post-security.
- T3's Mezzanine level houses food & drink and retail options.
- T3's Arrivals level houses the Customs check and some services (rental car counters, transport services, information counter).
VIP lounges at Terminals 2 & 3:
- At Terminal 2: Bradesco, GOL Linhas Areas, Proair, Villa GRU,
- At Terminal 3: American Airlines lounge, Executive Lounge GRU, First-Call GRU, HUB, LATAM, Star Alliance,
Military Police at T1, Wing B, mezzanine; tel. (11) 2445-3750 / 2445-4404;
Civil Police at T2, Wing C - Departures Level, tel. (11) 2445-2221 - (24/7 service);
ANAC (National Civil Aviation Agency) at T1/T2, connecting corridor; tel. (11) 2445-2421;
SETUR - Secretary of Sports & Tourism at Arrivals level of T1 & T2; tel. (11) 2445-3045 / 2793
Immigration Support Service at T1, Wing B, mezzanine; tel. (11) 2445-4719.
- Guarulhos Airport is one of the Brazilian airports with 'facial recognition technology of NEC's NeoFace Watch solution.
- The current three terminals will be connected by moving walkways (it may alreay be in place).
- The 10-year Airport plan calls for new buildings, garages, hotels and other ventures.