OverviewPublic Transportation from Providence Green Airport:
The Intermodal' Warwick InterLink' l facility - reached from the Terminal's Skywalk - connects people with MBTA commuter rail, intercity bus, a consolidated rental car facility and a 1,200 foot enclosed skywalk to the Airport. It has an information kiosk with a large TV screen for traffic conditions & a touch-screen for rental car, hotel, train & other travel information.
The The Warwick InterLink is located at 700 Jefferson Blvd. in Warwick (from I-95, take exit 13 at its exit ramp, turn left: onto Jefferson Blvd; the entrance to the InterLink parking garage is to the right).
RIPTA Buses to Kennedy Plaza at downtown Providence: (tel. 401-781-9400 or 800-244-0444). RIPTA buses offer connection to Greyhound, Peter Pan or state-wide RIPTA buses, and the Providence train station--which offers connections to Amtrak & more MBTA commuter trains). The new RIPTA Bus Shelter is on the sidewalk, along the commercial roadway in front of the Terminal. While RIPTA buses 1, 14 & 20 stop at the far end of the commercial roadway in front of the terminal - RIPTA Bus 8 stops at the InterLink at 700 Jefferson Blvd.
- RIPTA bus route 1 to Cranston (Broad St. & Elmwood Ave.), Providence (Broad, Eddy & Richmond Streets), Warwick (Post Rd. & Warwick Ave.).
- RIPTA bus route 8 to Providence (via Jefferson Blvd. & Rt. 95) and Warwick (Buttonwoods & Greenwood).
- RIPTA bus route 14 to East Greenwich, Narragansett, Newport, North Kingstown, Providence (express), Warwick (south).
- RIPTA bus route 20 to Cranston (Elmwood Ave.), Providence (Broad St. & Elmwood Ave.) , Warwick (Elmwood Ave. & Post Rd.).
Connecting service to most cities and towns in Rhode Island via Kennedy Plaza bus hub in downtown Providence:
- RIPTA buses 1, 14, & 20 stop at the far end of the commercial roadway in front of the airport terminal. RIPTA bus 8 stops at the InterLink facility at 700 Jefferson Blvd.
Peter Pan buses (tel. 401-751-8800) offer direct services from Providence to Boston (South Station & Logan Airport), & to Providence, RI. with connecting services to Barnstable, Bourne, Fall River, Falmouth, Hyannis, Lee, Lenox, New Bedford, Pittsfield, Springfield, Worcester, MA & Hartford, Manchester, Willimantic CT. Peter Pan buses stop at the far end of the commercial roadway in front of the airport.
MBTA commuter rail service between Wickford Junction, Green Airport, downtown Providence, Attleboro & Boston (and points along the way) offers weekday stops on the Providence/Stoughton line. Trains depart to Providence/South Station about 10 times a day. Tel: 1-800-392-6100.
Amtrak (tel. 1-800-872-7245 offers daily service at Providence Station on 100 Gaspee Street (tel. 401-727-7388) to Boston's Back Bay & South Stations, to Kingston Station URI, to Westerly and to points in Connecticut.
Connections from either the Kennedy Plaza downtown - or the Providence Station at 100 Gaspee Street:
- Boston - via MBTA commuter rail, Amtrak, Peter Pan bus or Greyhound;
- Cape Cod - via Peter Pan bus;
- Groton/New London - via Amtrak or Greyhound;
- New Haven - via Amtrak, Peter Pan or Greyhound
- Worcester, MA - via Peter Pan.