T. F. Green Airport is a public international airport in Warwick, Rhode Island, United States. It is operated by the Rhode Island Airport Corporation.
PVD is located 6 miles (5.2 nmi; 9.7 km) south of the state's capital and largest city of Providence. It covers an area of 1,111 acres (450 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- Green Airport is the largest and most active airport among the six operated by the Rhode Island Airport Corporation (RIAC).
- The InterLink, an intermodal facility located in Warwick (with convenient parking garage) connects people with MBTA commuter rail, intercity bus, consolidated rental car facility and a 1,200 foot enclosed skywalk to the Airport.
Airport Traveling Tips
- The peak travel time at Green Airport is 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- For an international flight, passengers are advised to arrive 3 hours before the departure time, and for a domestic flight, 2 hours before the departure.
- To ensure a smooth check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- PVD Airport is easy to access off Interstate 95 North and South at Exit 13. Bear left at the end of the exit for the arrivals roadway and arriving passengers.
- For drop-off, bear right at the end of the exit for the departures roadway and departing passengers.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the T.F. Green Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at PVD here.
T.F. Green International Airport has two concourses, North and South. The South Concourse has eight gates and the North Concourse has 14. Gates seven and eight are designed for international arrivals and are directly connected to customs, which is on the lower level of the concourse.
For more information, please refer to the PVD Airport Terminal Map here.
Various airlines are served at T.F. Green International Airport including JetBlue, American Eagle, Southwest Airlines, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at PVD here.
Located directly adjacent to the Terminal, Garage A is easily accessible from both departures and arrivals by the covered walkway at PVD Airport.
0-1 Hours - $6.00
1-2 Hours - $12.00
2-3 Hours - $18.00
3-4 Hours - $24.00
4-5 Hours - $30.00
5-24 Hours - $32.00
Additional Day 0-6 Hours - $16.00
Each Additional Day - $32.00
Garage B at TF Green Airport offers covered parking and is just a short walk to the Terminal.
0-1 Hours - $6.00
1-2 Hours - $12.00
2-24 Hours - $17.00
Additional Day 0-6 Hours - $9.00
Each Additional Day - $17.00
Weekly Rate - $85.00
There are many ways passengers can get from T.F. Green Airport. From rental cars to public transport to taxi, plus more, travelers can choose among a variety of options available after arriving at the airport.
Passengers can easily travel through rental cars from PVD Airport. Avis, Alamo, Hertz, etc. are some of the renowned providers for rental cars.
Taxis are located in Lot D which is directly in front of the airport terminal building.
The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) offers public bus transportation to and from the cities of Providence (Kennedy Plaza in downtown Providence) and Newport.
Amenities & Services
To make your stay amazing, the airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Massage bars, and shoeshine stations.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
Address: 2000 Post Rd, Warwick, RI 02886, USA
Phone: (401) 691 2471
Green Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On September 27, 1931, T. F. Green Airport was dedicated as Hillsgrove State Airport.
- In 1938, the airport was renamed in honor of Green, who had just been elected to the Senate two years earlier.
- The April 1957 OAG shows 26 weekday departures.
- In 1964, a new terminal was built on Post Road, replacing the old 1933 terminal along Airport Road.
- In 1996, this terminal was replaced, expanding to 18 gates, and adding a lower arrival level and an upper departure level.
- From 1998 until 2013, T. F. Green had regular service to Toronto Pearson International Airport first via Air Jazz and then by Air Georgian after 9/11, both did business as express carriers for Air Canada.
- Until the 2015 finalization of the merger between American Airlines and US Airways, creating one single licensed carrier under the American Airlines name, the Providence metropolitan area was the largest MSA in the United States.
- In 2017, Green PVD was named the official airport of the New England Patriots.
We live in Narragansett. Is there a shuttle from our home to Green airport? If not, please advise best way to get to the airport.
Asked by Ernest Blanchette - Thu, 28 April
I am flying tomorrow afternoon with an older individual who will need wheelchair assistance from entrance to gate. Can we just let the skycap know when we arrive there?
Asked by Erin Hoye - Wed, 20 April
You should notify your airline through an airline representative at the airport. If you need assistance from the curb, parking area, or Rental Car return area, to get into the terminal, please call 401-737-3300.
I will need help with my luggage - what do I do?
Asked by Kea - Sun, 17 April
An airline agent at the baggage service office should be able to assist you. If the office is closed, check the airline's check-in counter on the departures level.
Is curbside check-in currently available at Southwest?
Asked by Barbara - Wed, 30 March
We could not that confirm that curbside check-in is currently offered for Southwest at this airport.
What does it cost to get a baggage cart?
Asked by Gail Sutter - Tue, 29 March
Where is Dunkin Donuts?
Asked by Kea Paddy - Fri, 25 March
There are three Dunkin locations. First, at the North Concourse just past Gate 14. Next, at the South Concourse at Gate 6. Finally, in the baggage claim area on the arrivals, or lower, level.
Is there a Cell Phone Waiting Lot?
Asked by Kea Paddy - Tue, 15 March
Yes, there is - it's located at at 2282 Post Road, Warwick, a 2-3 minute drive to the arrivals’ area.
What are the security hours?
Asked by Kea Paddy - Mon, 7 March
What time do I need to get to the airport for a united flight going to Aruba departing at 5:45 am?
Asked by Mrinal - Thu, 3 March
According to the airport, 1/5 to 2 hours prior to departure is suggested. These times may vary based on volume and security wait times.