Valencia (VLC) Airport
Valencia VLC Airport Overview
Valencia Airport VLC – also known as Manises Airport - derives its air traffic mainly from scheduled domestic flights, with flights to Madrid accounting for nearly half of it.
The Airport is located 8 km west of the city of Valencia, in the Valencia region of Spain. The Airport borders on motorway A-3 connecting Valencia with Madrid, and is close to A-7, the coastal route to Barcelona.
With an estimated 4.8 million passengers in 2012, the airport is served by national and international, regular & low-cost airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Valencia Airport has two inter-connected passenger terminals - a Main terminal and a Regional Aviation Terminal. While domestic and international flights are processed on the first level (P1) of the main passenger terminal, regional flights depart on the first level of the regional aviation terminal connected to the main terminal and accessible from either the main terminal or directly from outside.
The Departure lounge and check-in desks are on level P1 and so are boarding gates A, B, C & D; while the R gates are on the ground level P0.
The Arrivals area of the Main Terminal is on level P0. The Baggage claim is divided into three separate halls: for domestic & EU flights (with 5 baggage carousels; for regional flights (2 carousels); and for international non-Schengen flights (1 carousel). Customs is on P0, tel. 961 598 650. For more Airport information call 902-404-704.
Services & amenities in the passenger terminals: Aside from food & drink and retail concessons, the man terminal offers Information desks; banking facilities, meeting rooms, Lost Luggage Handlers, rental car, first aid station, police station, 'Mobile Tourist in all three baggage halls, Valencia Tourism, Aena and Iberia points.
Lounges on level 1: (a) Juan Olivert (Aena) is for airline passengers other than Iberia (tel. 961 598 584); Iberia has its separate VIP lounge.
Parking options at Valencia Airport include Public Carpark P1 (tel. 961 598 547) with 1,820 spaces, and Long-term parking in Carpark P4 with 753 spaces.
Rental car counters are located on lower level P0 of the terminal (Arrivals).
To get from Valencia Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi, the subway or a bus:
1. Taxis stop opposite arrivals for a trip to the city center. You can also call one of the three taxi companies directly: Radio Taxi Manises, 961 521 155; Radio Taxi Valencia, 963 703 333, or Telephone Teletaxi, 963 571 313.
2. The subway station is on ground floor P0 of the regional flight terminal (for assistance call 900 461 046). Two subway lines run between the Airport & city center : Line 3 to Rafelbunyol and Line 5 to Torrent Av. & Maritim Serreria. These lines take 15 minutes to city center and connect to the railway station and the Port.
3. MetroBus Route 150 to Valencia (Airport – Manises – Quart de Poblet – Mislata – Valencia), tel. 961 500 082: The bus stops at the departure area & makes several stops at each of the four areas. The trip to Valencia takes about 45 minutes.
4. Another option is to take the shuttle bus ‘Aerobus’, which takes only 20 minutes to the city. For information call Metrovalencia 900-461-946.
Carretera Aeropuerto s/n
Manises / Valencia, 46940
- Website for Valencia: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Valencia/en/Home.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Valencia VLC Airport Update History
- VLC Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- VLC Food & Stores - Oct 18, 2013
- VLC Airlines Served - Jun 12, 2013