Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin (WAW) Airport
Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin WAW Airport Overview
The Airport is located in the Okecie district of the city of Warsaw, in the southwestern part, approximately 10 km from the city center, and offers easy access by car via the Zwirki i Wigury motorway and the new NS expressway from the Marynarska interchange to the MPL, Lotnisko & Pulawska interchanges has been completed, as well as the Warsaw Southern Bypass expressway from Konotopa to Opacz & to Lotnisko interchanges.
The new underground railway station below the carparks links the Airport with the city center via the newly completed railway tunnel. Aside from the passenger terminal complex, the Airport also has a new VIP Aviation Terminal for private and corporate general aviation aircraft.
With two long runways and with 12.8M passengers in 2016, the Airport is served by national and international airlines, including those belonging to the Star Alliance, offering direct the connecting flights to all parts of the globe. Wizz Air has chosen WAW as its permanent hub.
As flights to the Middle East may be suspended, check with your airline first.
- Since December 2016 all cars may enter Roadway A (formererly reserved for taxis), and private cars lane B. Lane C is to be used for hotel and parking lot access.
- Since January 2017 the lanes in front of the departure hall became a 'Kiss & Fly' Zone for a short stop by private cars. Only the first 7 minutes are free, 7-15 minutes cost 30 zlotys and over 15 minutes 1 zloty per minute.
- It is suggested that pssengers arrival at the Airport for US & Canada flights is 3 hours before scheduled flight (2 hrs for all other international flights and 1 hr for domestic flights).
- The Falcon Transit Hotel (tel: (022) 650 4891) on the Departures level’s transit area has only eight rooms.
- The 5-star Courtyard by Marriott (tel: (022) 650 0100) is in close proximity to the terminals.
Warsaw Airport has one passenger terminal - Terminal A (TA).