Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin (WAW) Airport
WAW AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin WAW Airport Overview
Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin Airport WAW - still widely referred to a 'lotnisko Okencie' - or Okencie Airport) - is Poland's primary Airport serving the capital cit of Warsaw, Poland, and its surrounding areas.
The Airport is located in the Okecie district of the city of Warsaw, in the southwestern part, approximately 10 km from the city center, and offers easy access by car via the Zwirki i Wigury motorway and the new NS expressway from the Marynarska interchange to the MPL, Lotnisko & Pulawska interchanges has been completed, so are the Warsaw Southern Bypass expressway from Konotopa to Opacz & to Lotnisko interchanges.
The new underground railway station below the carparks links the Airport with the city center via the newly completed railway tunnel. Aside from the passenger terminal complex, the Airport also has a new VIP Aviation Terminal for private and corporate general aviation aircraft.
With two long runways and an estimated 9.6 million passengers in 2012, the Airport is served by national and international airlines, including those belonging to the Star Alliance, offering direct the connecting flights to all parts of the globe. LOT Polish Airlines now offers 3 weekly flights to Beeijing, starting May 2, 2012
As flights to the Middle East are temporarily suspended, do check with your airline first; however flights to Hanoi after March 2012 have been canceled.
NOTE: Arrival at the Airport for US & Canada flights is 3 hours before scheduled flight (2 hrs for all other international flights and 1 hr for domestic flights).
On-Airport Hotels: (a) The Falcon Transit Hotel (tel: (022) 650 4891) on the Departures level’s transit area has only eight rooms. (b) The 5-star Courtyard by Marriott (tel: (022) 650 0100) is in close proximity to the terminals. (c) The 5-star 'Renaissance Hotel' is to open in third quarter 2013.
Passengers of low-cost Airlines: As of mid-July Wizz Air is in the newsly transformed Warsaw-Modlin Mazovia Airport WMI, and Ryanair will follow switch over between July 16 and October 29, depending on its route. Modlin Airport is to relieve Chopin Airport's congestion and will serve at this time low-cost airport only. Modlin (in the district of Nowy Dwor Mazoviecki) is 35 km north of city center Warsaw.
The passenger terminal complex at Warsaw Airport presently consists of one integrated Terminal A. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Warsaw Airport: Four car parks are near the passenger terminals, three of which - the multi-storey short-stay carparks P1 & P2 and the outdoor short-stay parking lot - are intended for picking up / dropping off passengers, and the fourth of which is the outdoor long-stay parking lot: Short-stay carparks P3 & P4 are to the right of the Courtyard by Marriott hotel.
P1, a 6-level short-stay carpark, is under the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel, across from T1, accessed by elevator.
P2, a 2-level short-stay carpark, is in front of T2
P3 short-stay parking lot is between the P1 & Etiuda terminal.
P4 long-stay parking lot is adjacent to P3.
For more parking information call +48 22 650 2245
Rental car desks for seven rental car agencies are located in the Departure Hall of Terminal 1.
To get from Chopin Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
1. Taxi service at Chopin Airport is being provided by Ele Sky Taxi, Sawa Taxi & Super Taxi.
2. An underground rail link under the carparks now connects the Airport with the Warsaw's city center.
3. The new bus terminal at Chopin Airport is located in front of the South Pier with 21 stands for long-distance buses. Bus lines 175, 188, 331and night bus N32, will take you to Warsaw's city center, and line 148 will get you to Ursynow and to Parga (Warsaw's southern & eastern parts).
Future Airport Developments: While the Renaissance otel is scheduled to open in Fall 2013, a fully-integrated Terminal A Complex is scheduled to be completed by 2015.
Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin WAW Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin WAW Airport Update History
- Updated WAW Airport Intro page - Mar 24, 2013
- Updated WAW Airports page - Mar 24, 2013
- Updated WAW Main Terminals page - Mar 24, 2013
- Updated WAW Food & Stores page - Mar 6, 2013
- Updated WAW Direct Flights page - Feb 18, 2013
- Updated WAW Airlines Served page - Dec 2, 2012
- Updated WAW Official Website Links page - Dec 2, 2012