Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
NOTE: On Nov. 9, 2016, the terminal extension was officially opened with an added 65,000 sq.feet, more aircraft parking spaces, improved passenger facilities (more food & drink and retail concessions, more lounge space and restrooms, and a centralized screening point for improved wayfinding). Consequently, 1,500 more passengers can be catered to during daily peak hours. Floor-to-ceiling windows span the full length of the southwest pier with views over runway and lyall Bay.
- AirNZ passengers of regional flights need to go through security check, with access to AirNZ's Regional Lounge (to open soon) and then proceed to gates.
- Currently, work is ongoing on a multi-level carpark, whiled a 4-star hotel at the Terminal's northern end is to be built with a restaurant, bar & conference facilities.
Checking in at Wellington International Airport:
The ground level is the Arrivals level which houses rental cars to the west, domestic baggage claim in the center, International Arrivals & baggage claim and Duty-Free at east end. Outside is transporation for carparks, shuttles, taxis & city buses.
Level 1 is the Ticketing/ Check-in level which houses all major airlines check-in facilities for both domestic & international flights. For Soundsair, Air West Coast & Air2 - all check-in procedures are done at gates 4 & 5. Air Chathams check-ins are done at the Air New Zealand check-in counter. Past the airline counters is a food & retail area, with security checks & access to gates. Outside of level 1 is the passenger drop-off area and carpark access;
Piers (West, North-West; Center & North-East) & Gates (all gates, except 41-49, are domestic gates):
- West Pier domestic gates 3-12. Note: boarding for regional flights is not at gates, but in main terminal. Those passengers need to wait at the entrance to the pier for their boarding call.
- North-West Pier with security check and gates 13-17, which have a centralized security check at their entrance, with access to Air New Zealand's Domestic lounge (and to gates).
- Center domestic gates 18-19 & 20;
- North-East Pier with domestic gates gates 21-29 and international gates 41-49. The International Building attached to this Pier offers duty-free shops.
Level 2 offers a conference center and the Koru Lounge.
Other services and amenities in the passenger terminal of Wellington International include volunteer ambassadors to help you find your way around the airport, a Terminal Services Team, luggage store, foreign currency exchange, parenting room, first aid, and lost & found. Free internet access is available in the food court area and in the international departure lounges on Level 1 (use 'Wild at Heart' as your connection). A courier service by NZ Post is on level 1, opposite international departures. A baggage storage room is available by calling (04) 385 5124. ATM machines are located throughout the terminal.