Akron Canton Regional (CAK) Airport
Akron Canton Regional CAK Airport Overview
CAK Airport is situated between the cities of Akron and Canton, is nearest to Interstate 77, and can be reached indirectly from I-271, I-277 & I-76.
NOTE: The Lauby / Greensburg Roads intersection has been closed until July 14, 2015 for utility relocation & a new roundabout intersection.
With a newly extended runway and an estimated yearly passenger count of 1.7M, Akron-Canton Airport is served by a number of major airlines offering direct flights to US hub cities, with connections around the globe.
Akron-Canton Airport has one passenger terminal.
Future Airport Developments - CAK 2018: Aside from current ongoing projects (outlined in the Terminal Map section), these are the projects to be done up to 2018:
1. Aircraft parking & general Aviation area expansion.
2. Widening of entrance road (starting summer 2015)
3. Expanson of ticketing wing by 150 ft. and new counter with 3 ticket positions (starting summer 2015);
4. Expansion of new upper-level concourse by 300 feet for 3 more gates, new busines club, 300 seats, glass atrium & more restrooms.
5. Building new CAK International Business Park.
CAK AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
CAK Delays: 15 mins or less.