Alexandria AEX Airport Overview
Alexandria International Airport AEX serves the center of the State of Louisiana.
It is located within the England Industrial Airpark, near the town of Alexandria, and is accessible directly from Frank Andrews Blvd & from Clark Avenue; and via Interstate Hwy 49, exit to 498 Airbase Road, or the N.Bayou Rapides Road exit 496.
The Alexandria/Pineville area, located on the Red River, offers great golf courses, spas and natural terrain. There are leisure activities galore, i.e., exploring the Kisatchie National Forest, canoeing down the bayou, going to Alexandria Zoo, experiencing Louisiana culture and history by visiting an authentic plantation, or indulging in the great smorgasbord of Louisiana food offered in fine restaurants.
With two runways, Alexandria International Airport is presently served by three regional jet services by American, Delta & United airlines operate at the small airport, offering daily non-stop flights to Atlanta, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Houston, with connections around the world.
NOTE: Passengers should arrive 1 hr to 90 minutes ahead of their scheduled flight.
Alexandria International Airport has a new 3-level passenger terminal, with an award-winning restaurant
Level 1 has baggage claim & rental car counters, and the airline ticket counters on either side of the stairway.
Level 2 has some concessions, and access to security checkpoint and gates 1 through 4.
Level 3 has airport conference room and elevator to the public observation deck.
Parking options at Alexandira Airport: The first hour of parking at the nearby parking lot is free, maximum parking is $7/day. Major credit cards are accepted. For more parking information call 318-427-6445.
Rental car counters are on the ground level of the passenger terminal while rental cars are parked right next to the terminal.
is next to the passenger terminal.
To get from Alexandria Airport to your destination, you can rent a car from Avis, Budget, Hertz or National, or take a taxi.
Alexandria AEX Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Alexandria AEX Airport Update History
- Updated AEX Airports page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated AEX Direct Flights page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated AEX Terminal Map page - Mar 13, 2013
- Updated AEX Airport Intro page - Jan 24, 2013
- Updated AEX Parking On site page - Jan 22, 2013