BMI AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
BMI Delays: 15 mins or less.
Bloomington Normal Regional BMI Airport Overview
Central Illinois Regional Airport at Bloomington-Normal BMI (short CIRA) is, due to its central location in the heart of the State of Illinois, easy to get to and has recently received from the State the 'Primary Airport of the Year' award.
The Airport is is located two miles east of Veteran's Parkway on Route 9 in Bloomington and can be reached directly from I-55 (Exit 167), and indirectly from I-39 and I-74.
With 579,265 passengers in 2011, CIRA Airport is presently served by Allegiant, American, Delta & Frontier airlines, offering direct flights to US cities, with connections around the globe.
The passenger terminal at Central Illinois Regional Airport is divided on the ground level between the Arrivals area to the left (with baggage area and rental car counters) and the Departures area to the right (with airline ticketing & check-in desks).
The concourse offers some concessions, followed by the security checkpoint and gates 1 through 4.
The Mezzanine level houses conference rooms, airport & rental offices, and gates 5 through 9.
Other services and amenities inside the passenger terminal include free wireless internet access throughout the building, several retail shops, full-service restaurant, business & conference centers, and a VIP lounge.
Current airlines serving the terminal: Allegiant, American, Delta & Frontier.
Parking at CIRA is free and offers over 2,900 spaces for short-term (up to 2 hours) and long-term parking (with free shuttle service). Just follow parking signs.
Rental car counters for major agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the passenger terminal.
To get from CIRA to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus.
Bloomington Normal Regional BMI Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Bloomington Normal Regional BMI Airport Update History
- Updated BMI Food & Stores page - Mar 15, 2013
- Updated BMI Airports page - Feb 25, 2013
- Updated BMI Direct Flights page - Feb 25, 2013
- Updated BMI Airport Intro page - Jan 8, 2013