Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
The passenger terminal complex at Brisbane Airport consists of two terminals – the Domestic (DT) and the International Terminal (IT) - 2 km apart and now served by the free Airtrain.
NOTE: SmartGate border control's ABC e-gates have been installed at: Melboune, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Cairns & Darwin. (Biometric cameras fitted to the eGates automatically adjust to the passenger’s height and innovative document feeder technology automatically positions the passport precisely on the reader eliminating any delays due to document misplacement or inadequacy of time for reading. During busy periods, each eGate is capable of processing up to 150 passengers an hour.)
Brisbane Airport Development Updates: With an investment of $3.8B the Airport has, and continues to, upgrade its infrastructure - adding new parallel runway, redeveloping International Terminal, upgrading Domestic terminal, airfield, access road & other facilities (including Virgin Australia's facilities). Listed below are mostly completed projects at both terminals, done during 2015 and - up to 2017:
A. Domestic Terminal upgrades:
- By June 2015 - Domestic Common User Terminal upgrades completed with new airline service desks, 8 new & 11 relocated self-service check-in kiosks, 8 new automatic baggage drops, added baggage reclaim facilities, new screening areas, new offices & queuing space, new visitor info counter & new floor finishes.
- By July 2015 - Virgin Australia completed (a) expansion & upgrade of the VA Business Lounge & upgrade of VA Valet service. (b) redeveloped & expanded VA Satellite Terminal with 7 new airbridges.
- Since Dec. 2015 the Domestic Common User Terminal houses service desks, 8 new & 12 relocated self-service check-in kiosks, 8 automatic baggage drops, more baggage reclaim- & new screening facilities & new queuing space, new visitor information counter & new floor finishes..
- By mid-2016 - Qantas Business Lounge were expanded and new Qantas Valet Service added.
- By mid-2017 - A Regional Satelite Terminal with 16 gates will built at northern end (300 meters from current Domestic Terminal (DT) with initial bus transfer.
B. International Terminal upgrades:
- By July 2015: Completion of JR/Duty-free Departure store, upgrade of departure & arrivals area, added world-class shopping & dining, artwork.
- By Dec. 2015: International Terminal housed 80 common-user new self-serve check-in kiosks & 16 automatic baggage drop kiosks. Completion of 'Skygate' * - the commercial & lifestyle precinct, with 30new stores, multi-level carpark, a connector building with outdoor dining; children's play area.
- *The free Airtrain also serves Skygate - a shopping area with, supermarket, pharmacy, hairdresser, bakery, beauty salon, cafes, bars, restaurants and over 120 discount factory outlets. The trip from your terminal takes only seven minutes.
- By July 2017 - International Terminal's northerrn apron project is to result in expansion of the concourse with new boarding zones, holding lounges, aerobridges & walk-out gates (and new parking facilities).
In early summer 2016, Brisbane Airport was the winner of 'Great Transformation in Airport Food & Beverage Award' (FAB) in Geneva.
TERMINAL DETAILS: Note that Brisbane Airport
The Domestic Terminal at Brisbane Airport is a curved building with three new extending satellites, housing additional airline passenger lounges and gates. The 2-level terminal (recently completely overhauled) is divided into three separate areas serving Qantas & Qantaslink at north end; Virgin Australia at south end, & a common user section in the center:
Level 1 is the Arrivals & Check-in level. It houses at east the entrance to Qantas Valet via Dryandra Road/Erica Court. Adjacent to it is the entry to Qantas check-in and baggage claim areas, and in the center is the check-in & baggage claim for common use (currently JetStar, Tiger, Brindabella & Skytrans airlines) and the Virgin Australia check-in and baggage claim. The Center has a Skywalk to carparks, rental cars & Airtrain. (Its 9-level carpark offers over 5,000 covered spaces.)
Level 2 is the Departure level housing an assortment of shops and restaurants, currency exchange, ATMs, internet, news stands, prayer room, and access to transportation outside.
- the west side is the Qantas & QantasLink area with a Travelex, Qantas Club and access to Gates 16 to 21 (in Satellite) and 22 to 24 (at terminal); and Bar Corretto & Newslink ;
- the center is for 'Common User' airlines, with gates 26 to 32 (in satellite) and 25 & 38 (at terminal) and offers Giancarlo, Wasabi Warriors & News Travels.
- the East side is for Virgin Australia, with 2 ATM machines, and gates 43 to 48 (in satellite) and gates 38 to 41(at terminal).
The newly upgraded International Terminal at Brisbane Airport with four levels now includes a themed departures lounge, walkthrough duty free stores for departures and arrivals, some specialty retail and food & drink concessions, as well as three new airline lounges and a day spa.
Level 1 is housing the Airline offices, Australian Customs & Qarantine & Inspection Services and various other offices.
Level 2 is the Arrivals level, housing an information Desk, baggage claim, Customs check, currency exchange, ATMs, rental car counters, net kiosk, meeting point, BAC Welcome desk, rental car desks, Tourist & Transport desk, VIP Lounge, Vodafone, food & drink, newsstand,duty- & tax-free shop, and offices of Attorney General, Australian Federal Police, Quarantine & Inspection & Department of Immigration.
Level 3 houses the Departure Lounge, After customs & security check you enter level 3's specialty retail shops, food & drink establishments, Duty-Free, Travelex currency exchange, ATM machines, First Aid station, Net kiosk, coffee vending machine, and airline & Airport offices. Access to Gates 75-79 is at west end; access to gats 82-86 at east side.
Level 4 is the Departure/ Check-in level, with 2 information counters, 5 check-in rows and self-service kiosks, currency exchange booths, ATM machines, food & drink and retail outlets, a durty-free shop; Airline services (Air New Zealand, Qantas & Flight Center Ltd.), the Qantas Lounge, oversized baggage kiosk & baggage wrapping, Airport Village Bus pick-up; and access to Departure gates 75 to 86 (west gates starting with gate 75; at center gate 81, and east end gate 86).
Current Amenities and Services inside both Terminals include - aside from food & drink and retail & duty-free concessions:
- Conference rooms in the International Terminal (IT), level 3, pre-security (tel. +61 7 3406 3066 /fax 3070);
- ATM machines are on all levels of both terminals;
- Currency exchange by Travelex is available in IT at levels 2, 3 & 4.
- Airline ticket desks for Qantas & Air New Zealand are on IT level 4, or at the Flight Center on level 4, and in DT on level 1.
- Baggage lockers are in IT, ground level at carpark entrance.
- Internet kiosks are in IT’s Levels 2, 3 & 4;
- a prayer room is on IT’s Level 4.
- Free shower facilities are in IT’s Levels 2, 3 & 4 and in DT’s levels 1 & 2.
Airline & Pay-in Lounges:
- Qantas Club at at Internatinal Terminal (tel. +61 7 3307 9212); and Qantas Club at Domestic Terminal (tel. +61 73867 3670);
- Virgin Australia Lounge at Domestic Terminal (+61 73114 7122);
- Air New Zealand, Emirates, & Singapore lounges (at International Terminal)
- The Plaza Premium Lounge - a pay-in lounge - is open as of third quarter 2016.