Brownsville S-Padre Island (BRO) Airport
Brownsville S-Padre Island BRO Airport Overview
Brownsville/ South Padre Island International Airport BRO serves the areas of the Rio Grande in South Texas, and Northern Mexico. While it is mostly used for general aviation, it is also served by commercial airlines.
The opening of Brownsville Airport coincided with an important milestone in aviation history: In March 1929, Charles Lindbergh landed in Brownsville after a five-hour, 38-minute flight from Mexico City, establishing the first leg of airmail service to Mexico. Amelia Earhart and a crowd of 20,000 greeted Lindbergh at the airport.
BRO Airport is 4 nautical miles east of the City of Brownsville, at the very southern tip of Texas, and 5 miles from Matamoros, Mexico (accessible via three international bridges in downtown Brownsville) - and 20 miles from South Padre Island (known for having one of America's best beaches),
With one long runway, and nearly 161K passengers a year, the Airport is served by Aeromexico, American & United airlines, offering presently direct flights to airport hubs of Houston & Dallas/Fort Worth, with connections worldwide.
Check-in time is one hour prior to scheduled departure.
U.S. ENTRY BY WESTERN HEMISPHERE PASSENGERS (from Mexico, Central & South America, Bermuda and Canada):
1. US Citizens need proof of valid US citizenship (driver's license, passport, birth or naturalization certificate recommended).
2. Lawful Permanent U.S. Residents need to show Alien Registration Card or other valid evidence of their lawful status.
3. Canadian Citizens & Citizens of Bermuda: A verbal declaration & ability to prove your Canada or Bermuda citizenship by presenting driver's license and either birth or naturalizaton certificate or passport.
4. Mexican Citizens & nationals: All Mexican citizens, including children, must present a border crossing card or passport with visa.
The full-service passenger terminal at Brownsville/South Padre Island Airport has four airline gates .
Brownsville S-Padre Island BRO Airport Update History
- BRO Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- BRO Airport Intro - Oct 18, 2013
- BRO Timezone - Oct 9, 2013
- BRO Buses & Trains - Oct 9, 2013
- BRO Email - Oct 9, 2013
- BRO GMT Offset - Oct 9, 2013
- BRO Rental Cars - Oct 9, 2013
- BRO Official Website Links - Sep 19, 2013
- BRO Lost Found - Sep 19, 2013
- BRO Internet - Sep 19, 2013
- BRO Guest Services - Sep 19, 2013
- BRO Parking On site - Aug 9, 2013
- BRO Airlines Served - Jun 18, 2013
BRO AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
BRO Delays: 15 mins or less.