Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport consists of one main terminal building that houses all the terminal facilities under a single roof.
Inside the main terminal, there is a lobby in the center with the airline ticket counters towards the left and the car rentals towards the right. A centralized TSA security checkpoint provides access to the boarding gates. Towards the left of the checkpoint, there is baggage claim and US Customs and Border Protection.
The services included inside the main terminal of BRO Airport consists of the following facilities: Free Wifi and concessions and gift shops.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are few options for shopping and dining around BRO airport. There is a dining area called Amelia’s Café which is served by a family-owned business. Additionally, there is a gift shop open for airport passengers.
The security checkpoints at BRO airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Brownsville International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules
- Keep your luggage and personal items prepared for the TSA security checkpoints
- When traveling with kids, keep items to keep them busy and engaged such as games, laptops, books, snacks, or others depending on their interest
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies