CPT Airport is located southeast of the Epping Industrial Center, and 22 km from the city center of Cape Town (called 'Mother City'), and is directly accessible via the N2 freeway (Settlers Way), exit 16, or indirectly from the R300 (Cape Flats Freeway) via M12, M10 & M22.
An ExecuJet facility is near the southern end of the main runway catering to business jets.
With 2 runways and over 10 million passengers in 2016, the Airport is a hub for South African Airways and is served by a multitude of major and minor national and international airlines offering direct flights to destinations in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Americas, with connections around the world.
- British Airways offers (a) two weekly flights from London Stansted to Cape Town between Dec.17, 2016 & April 16, 2017; and (b) starting Nov. 24, 2016 onwards,3 daily flights to Cape Town .
- Lufthansa starts Dec. 2, 2016 service from Frankfurt to Cape Town
- Kenya Airways offers service to Cape Town three times a week
- SA Airline offers 5 weekly flights to to Maun (Botswana).
- For flight arrivals/departures: If using your mobile phone to send an SMS containing flight number to the number 35007, you will receive up-to-date details.
- Passengers with Special Needs: (a) Contact your airline 48 hours in advance for wheelchair assistance from check-in desks to aircraft & from aircraft to arrivals hall. (b) Use hotline number +27 (0) 21 935 3737 to request a wheelchair from terminal to car outside.
-The 'Pick up & Go' area is on the ground level of the P1 Parkade.
The 'Road Lodge' hotel (owned by City Lodge hotel chain) is the only hotel on-airport site.
Cape Town International Airport has three passenger terminals - the Domestic & International terminals, linked by its Central Terminal.